Author Topic: Rockets  (Read 289 times)

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Rockets
« on: April 26, 2002, 07:04:32 PM »
I popped a shiny new VH tonight with 8 Tiffy rockets; which surprised me; are they really equal to 3000lbs of bombs?

What about the other rockets, the german and russian ones with funny names, are they air to ground, air to air or?...

Any one know their equvalency to pounds or kilograms of bombs?

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Rockets
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2002, 08:09:28 PM »
The rockets on a Tiffie can drop the VH at a V-base, but not an airbase if I remember correctly.  The 'weight' for a V-base vehicle hangar is only 1,000 pounds.  The tonnage required for a normal vehicle hangar is 2,500, just like all the other hangars.  

As far as the rockets go.  The funny named German ones (WGR-something) are A2A rockets, officially.  Unofficially, they are useless and a waste of time.  The funny named Russian ones are A2G rockets, and are more effective than the 5-inch rockets in my experience.  

No idea how many rockets it takes to equal any weight in bombs, I think the 5-inch rockets are equivelent to 100 pounds or so.

Offline devious

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301-wildesau.de
Rockets
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2002, 02:38:37 AM »
The german ones, called WGr 21 - Werfer-Granate, 21 cm were intended for use against bombers and to be fired at 1.5 km range. In AH, you can knock down gun emplacement and other light stuff with them. They're useless against other targets, and you shouldnt take them IMHO, because you get to keep their launch tubes after you fired them, worsening your ac performance even after you used them up.

The other german ones, R4M - Rakete, 4 cm, Minensprengkopf were used on 262s and 190s late in the war. They were AA rockets, with good performance IRL (or so i gather from the web). They're not available in AH.

The Enzian (name of a flower) was the first ever wire guided :eek: missile... but it never made it out of prototype stage.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Rockets
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2002, 07:28:34 AM »
Thanks guys. So basicaly, all the stuff we have is air to ground, with the exception of the WGR series?

Offline Apar

• Silver Member
Rockets
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2002, 07:38:35 AM »
Jaaahhaaa dat is zo, :)