Author Topic: 50 cal. sniper shot  (Read 138 times)

Offline Kwan

• Nickel Member
50 cal. sniper shot
« on: April 26, 2002, 10:08:01 PM »
http://www.nationalpost.com/home/story.html?f=/stories/20020423/3932.html

50 CAL  macmillan TAC 50

The shot was 2430m, (2.5KM or 1.55Miles). He took out a machine gunner that was pinning down a US infantry unit.

The previous record was by a US Sniper in Vietnam for 2500 yards (about 1.4 Miles).

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
50 cal. sniper shot
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2002, 11:10:49 PM »
Good shooting. I have to say thanks for the support that the US troopeis got from the Canadian SOLDIERS. They are true professionals.

That was in caps as I just about fell over from reading the apologist who claims Canadians don't even say kill much less actually do any killing. :confused:  This guy is a real twit. If he thinks that is the mind set of Canada, then why the hell even have a military????? The author needs to take a little pink pill and go veg looking at his picture of the Easter Bunny. :rolleyes:
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline pbirmingham

• Copper Member
      • http://bigscary.com
50 cal. sniper shot
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2002, 12:10:22 AM »
Originally posted by Maverick

That was in caps as I just about fell over from reading the apologist who claims Canadians don't even say kill much less actually do any killing. :confused:  This guy is a real twit. If he thinks that is the mind set of Canada, then why the hell even have a military????? The author needs to take a little pink pill and go veg looking at his picture of the Easter Bunny. :rolleyes:

Dude, you should read a little further.  He's not saying Canadians don't kill, he's saying that the government doesn't like to admit that they do.  Further down, the same guy says there shouldn't be a problem with them accepting the medals.

Bercuson is critical of the delays, it would seem, not supportive of them.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
50 cal. sniper shot
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2002, 11:41:56 PM »
I read all the way down. Now answer me this. If the government of Canada is not representative of Canadians, whose government is it? :p

I repeat the question, if they cannot fathom or handle the "idea" of killing, why have a military at all?? I do believe it IS the governmenjt who pays the bills for the military isn't it?? :rolleyes:
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline pbirmingham

• Copper Member
      • http://bigscary.com
50 cal. sniper shot
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2002, 02:20:10 AM »

I repeat the question, if they cannot fathom or handle the "idea" of killing, why have a military at all?? :rolleyes:

I dunno, maybe they think they need a military, but like keeping a low profile.  Maybe they're secretly planning to invade Michigan, and don't want us to know what effective killing machines Canadians are trained from birth to be.  Maybe they really are trying to figure out what rewards they should give, and don't want another nation to be the first to grant medals to their own soldiers.

All I'm saying is that you read this Bercuson guy totally wrong in calling him an apologist.  He was not speaking his own opinion, but his interpretation of the opinion of the officials behind the delay.  Context makes that clear, which is why I questioned whether you read the whole article.

Why the hell isn't this in OC, anyway?

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
50 cal. sniper shot
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2002, 07:42:00 PM »
wtg Cannucks! :D

Offline Makofan

• Copper Member
50 cal. sniper shot
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2002, 09:46:29 PM »
I don't get it.  As a Canuck, I know we fought in the War of 1812, the Boer War, WW1, WW2, Korea and Vietnam (unofficially).  Why does the government pretend we don't have a proud military tradition? At the end of WW2 we had the 4th largest navy in the world !! to our armed forcers, and a thbbbbb to the government.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
50 cal. sniper shot
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2002, 01:59:45 PM »
Looks like my assesment was spot on after reading the thread on the OC about PC going on in Canada.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
Author Unknown

Offline Wutz

• Copper Member
50 cal. sniper shot
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2002, 02:18:03 PM »
Ha,,, nothing beats the Norwegian Rifleman (yes he was not trained as a sniper,, just a good shooter like all Norwegians) who took out a german officer att 900 Meters with a open sightet Krag Jorgensen 6.5mm (30-40 krag) from 1905,, on the 12 April 1940.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
50 cal. sniper shot
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2002, 02:21:50 PM »
Looks like my assesment was spot on after reading the thread on the OC about PC going on in Canada.

What does that thread have to do with whether or not Dr. David Bercuson is an appologist? It seems to me that you are criticizing the government, but attributing the government's position to this Dr. Bercuson charactor who opposes the government position.  
:confused:
-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.