Author Topic: Saturday TOD COs  (Read 1164 times)

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Saturday TOD COs
« on: April 27, 2002, 07:04:42 PM »
I need to know what the problem is.  

What can we do to get the participation back up where it was before?  

I know there were a couple of squads that quit before this one, but I also need to know how many of you are still planning on flying in the Saturday TOD.  I am beginning to get the feeling that we are wasting our time trying to keep fielding a Sat version of the TOD and it really bugs me because of the very vocal cries we had in the past about holding a Euro-friendly version of the TOD.

Would a different time benefit us?  Would a different day be better?  Please let me know what you think would be better....if its something we can do, we will give it a shot.

I also ask that if you arent a CO of a Saturday TOD squad, then please refrain from this thread.  I would like to deal with just the COs.  If you would like to chime in please let you CO know what you would like and let he or she express it in this thread.

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: Saturday TOD COs
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2002, 08:07:33 PM »
Originally posted by sling322
What can we do to get the participation back up where it was before?  
Unfortunately, I am not sure what happened in the case of my squad.... I was unable to take part anyway due to being Setup CM for this last TOD.... think I will send an email and see if I can generate some more interest in the Saturday TOD...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2002, 09:15:00 AM by Flossy »
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Saturday TOD COs
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2002, 08:12:06 PM »
my squad would sorely miss the Sat TOD's if they were canx. they make effort to be there, and dont seem to have a problem with figuring out the time of the event either...:rolleyes:
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
Saturday TOD COs
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2002, 10:07:02 PM »
All

The Hornets would sorely miss the Sat TOD. we have had at least 8 guys these past 3 weeks.

We hope it stays :)

Busher
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Vladd

• Copper Member
Saturday TOD COs
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2002, 06:27:55 AM »
Firebirds always get numbers in the TOD also - for me and many others it's about the best thing in AH right now, and we would miss it for sure.

Perhaps if numbers are going to be lower overall we could reduce the scale of the TOD setups? The only other suggestion I would make is that there must be quite a few Euro players either in very small squads who don't participate or in American squads where they don't get the chance to.  Perhaps increasing the number of guest player slots allowed could help here?

Thanks to the CMs and designers for the efforts!

Vladd

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
Saturday TOD COs
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2002, 07:06:59 AM »
308 scheduled weekly squad meeting at the Sat TOD. except 1st farme we had 9-11 pilots flying. Hopefully in future we can have the same numbers!
i'm not sure if it can change something, but maybe delaying TOD about 1 hour would be good for US pilots (however i'm 99% sure that 1-2 of my squaddies don't like that idea)?

Maybe there is a chance to register a "guest squad" (or more if needed) formed on regisrered pilots, who willing to fly on sat TOD, but his squads are not interested in it... or they have no squad at all...? that will give us a chance to get organised (no problems with guys screaming all over CHL1 that they need a squad to join ;)), this guys can get orders before that way and have his own CO.
By registering guest pilots we can also check how many guys are interested in it :-)

what do you think?

Offline GA

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.no
Saturday TOD COs
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2002, 07:07:47 AM »
Euro TOD CM/CO and pilots;).

Ok, The 332 Vikings is always showing with 7-12 players attending to European TOD, and I wil personaly Promisse to help out toe keep the Europena TOD alive by stepping forward to be CO for the side my squad is on when others dont show or cant make it;).
I also do my Duty as CO when my turn is;).

In short! If a Co is missing I wil do my best to step forward and take that job! if I of some reasen cant make it, I have pleanty of Good Pilots in my Squad to take my place as CO for that country;)!!

332 Viking Squadron wil do ther Duty to keep the European TOD alive!

Regarding the Time and day, I think "Sundays" at the same time 1500est would be a better day for it, after some of the Younger pilots is out and rocking there foot :D and see the city life;).

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Saturday TOD COs
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2002, 07:21:31 AM »
Originally posted by GA
the Time and day, I think "Sundays" at the same time 1500est would be a better day for it,
Have to say from my point of view as a Setup CM, I would also prefer Sundays, and get my Saturday evenings back!  :D
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
Saturday TOD COs
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2002, 08:32:48 AM »
If it comes serious about Sundays (i'm ok with it) i will need to discuss it with rest of my squad before official anoucement!

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Saturday TOD COs
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2002, 10:56:33 AM »
<<   supporting sunday euro TOD.

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline FOGOLD

• Silver Member
Saturday TOD COs
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2002, 12:16:05 PM »
Yes, like Flossie, I'd rather keep Saturdays free for that rare thing, my social life!:D

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Saturday TOD COs
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2002, 01:14:32 PM »
I believe that their are some folks that attend Church on Sundays and that was the original reason why they picked saturday.

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
Saturday TOD COs
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2002, 01:18:36 PM »
sunday is ok:)

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Saturday TOD COs
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2002, 01:22:03 PM »
Originally posted by -ammo-
I believe that their are some folks that attend Church on Sundays and that was the original reason why they picked saturday.
I understand that, but even in Pacific time, the TOD start time is 12.00 noon - aren't church services usually earlier in the morning and therefore mostly finished by then?  I know this was always a reason for not starting any earlier than 15.00 Eastern time when we had events in AW, but understood this time was a good compromise?
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Saturday TOD COs
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2002, 01:29:14 PM »
Well I dont know. I cant speak for all folks and all church's, but anywhere from 1400-1500 CST is good for me on Sundays.  But the rest of my squad, I dont think they have a problem with Sunday at all.