Author Topic: Stll kinda new here  (Read 277 times)

Offline VFJACKAL

• Copper Member
Stll kinda new here
« on: April 20, 2001, 07:23:00 PM »
  1st off I would like to say that for the most part I as well as the rest of the guys in our squad really enjoy flying here. Although we are not real good yet (me mainly) we certaily have fun. We fly Knights side always and take our whipping alot. LOL
  We all have learned alot in this our 2nd full tour here. Mainly , that this is a world of difference than the sim we cam from. "The Flying Deuces" lead by Jebo44 have been a great help. I have flown several bombing runs with them and they are really fun to fly with and good at it.
  I guess I still have alot to learn about this kind of hostile attitude that some have though. I see alot of complaints about HO'ing and this plane is Dweeby or what you fly makes you a Dweeb. Seems like if your in a fight with no one around (Bombers or such) just you and the other person , then doing the 2step as I heard it called with cold pass would be fine. But , in the heat of battle when your trying to defend you field or cover the bombers or goons , killing first ask questions later should be the oreder of the day. Just my opinion. I also see alot of this stuff "you suck cause you fly that plane or what not. What is this all about? If ya die cause ya got out flown just tell yourself not to fight that guy til ya get better. I guess I just don't really understand what that is all about. I could fly a "Runstang" as I have heard it called but I die faster in it. I could fly the 109 but really don't know how to E fight. N1k seems to fit my style and yet I get called a dweeb for flying it. I'm not whinning...just dont get it really...
  Anyway...This is a nice place to fly and have fun. Thanks alot to those that have helped us...See ya in the game.

------------------
The Sneak hence "Jackal"

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
Stll kinda new here
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2001, 07:54:00 PM »
Jackal,

A lot of the stuff people say in here you gotta take with a grain of salt.  The game is fun and competetive, which makes for some very large egos.  There are several people that seem to take the attitude that it was not good flying on their opponent's part but the plane or numbers that got them killed instead.  When they rant on channel 1 about it, I know that I really got to them and it makes the kill even better.  

As for the type of plane you fly, who cares?  Of it works for you, then by all means, keep flying it.  I fly one of the "dweeb" planes almost exclusively.  People call it the "Hunstang" and "Dorka" but I will keep flying it and killing them in it.  If a plane wasn't meant to be used in the arena, then it wouldn't be included in the plane set.

Anyways, welcome to AH and continue to have fun.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I'll be more than willing to help you out (though you probably know as much as I do after 2 months  ).

-Math

------------------
"Any American fighter near Orote Penninsula.  I have forty Jap planes surrounded and need a little help."
-Ens. W.B. "Spider" Webb during the Marians Turkey Shoot

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Stll kinda new here
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2001, 08:11:00 PM »
Jackal,

Absolutely what Mathman said.

This is a game. Play for your own enjoyment.

The trash-talking about planes and fighting styles generally comes from a relatively small minority. These folks think everyone else should play the game THEIR WAY. They throw little hissy-fits on CH 1 (and on this BBS) when things don't go according to their personal likes and dislikes. They've been doing it since day one of the beta.  

HO's? They happened in WW2. HO is really not the best tactic if you want to live a while. It's pretty easy to dodge an oncoming HO attempt after you've seen a few. Use your dodge move to set him up for the kill (lead turn him).

Dweeb planes? Oh yeah baby! If you aren't flying what the other guy likes to fly, you're a DWEEB!  

As Math said, if it's in the planeset... let's see.... maybe HTC wants a few people to fly it? Just a thought ... I'm not sure on this. Maybe they make planes they don't want people to fly, eh?  

Try this. Log in. Squelch CH 1. Fly what you like. Shoot a lot. Drop some bombs. Enjoy yourself. If anyone calls you on private (white text) and rags you, squelch him too!  

Welcome to AH.

------------------
Toad

Fly what you like. Like what you fly. Don't worry about what the other guy flies. It's a game.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline VFJACKAL

• Copper Member
Stll kinda new here
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2001, 08:17:00 PM »
Thanks Toad and Math....flew with Math the other day. that guy was flat getting busy. Finally got in an Ostie just to shoot his strays...LOL...Couldn't even think about hanging with those stunts he pulled...I tried..Blacked out..Came back...BOOM..Ground snuck right up...Anyway...Thanks again to you all...and by the way..GHOSTH..thanks for the only 2 manuvers I know in AH (except the "Auger" which you taught me from the other end of the gun) You were also a HUGE help in training room....Later Guys
  Jackal the "New Gramps"

Sturm

Stll kinda new here
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2001, 08:49:00 PM »
Hey jackal, listen to what your guns say and not the opponent    First and last thing you should know about this thing called Aces High, its is a game have fun always and don't let others dictate your mood.  In the end you will be a happier killer, or best bet squelch channel 1.  One other thing sometimes channel 1 taunts are harmless, if you send the indivual a message you will usually get back a man I was just messing with ya   comment.  <S> cya in there m8

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel
Airfield Defense Squadron
"Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor?"  Famous quote from Animal House, John Belushi.

Offline VFJACKAL

• Copper Member
Stll kinda new here
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2001, 09:20:00 PM »
You to Sturm..thanks.. Your quick wit is fun to listen to......DaJoker & VFHAWKE and I laugh alot at the stuff people say. And we won't run a hide. We'll fight and let the guns speak. One person the other morning was just RANTING at everyone that he fought. I laffed so hard I woke my wife up. After several minutes of begging for my life I went and found him , Shot him , and told my wife I killed the cause of my a** chewing. Team Killing at it's marital blissful best...Jackal

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Stll kinda new here
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2001, 10:06:00 PM »
Welcome aboard Jackal.  I’m 4 ½ tours in and can’t say enough good things.  Dweeb, shmeeb!  Looks like you got some good responses so I wont be rhetorical.

Dweebs of the world unite and slay those who are non-dweebish!

Zippatuh <---  Chog, Niki, runstang HO'ing dweeb  

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Stll kinda new here
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2001, 10:10:00 PM »
Welcome Jackal and all your squaddies,

The guys have it right.  Fly whatever you like, play to have fun, ignore the dummies who seem to need to try to put down anyone who does something they dont want them to do.

Each plane was put in this game to be flown.
Dont let anyone try to make you feel bad for flying whatever you like.  Those who might not like the N1K obviously cant beat it, so they insult it.

Some guys let their competitivness overrule their common sense.  Dont miss the fact that for every one of them, there are 20 good guys.

Welcome and enjoy the game, feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Stll kinda new here
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2001, 07:29:00 AM »
What they said.

As you fly and gain more confidence, you'll probably find other a/c you like and can do well in.  You can gain easy perk points by shooting down C-Hogs and Nikis - plus you might find you are less of a target, since alot of perkers go after these birds.

Nice website, btw.  Where did you find the cool images?  (esp the animated dragon?)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Stll kinda new here
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2001, 10:01:00 AM »
Strickly my pleasure Jackal!

So far from what I've seen you VF boys are more than a credit to your country! I wish there were more around like you guys! Good attitude, willing to join in where needed, and a sense of humor.

<S>

Too many people forget that in a flight sim everyone dies. It's just a question of where, how, and how often. Unfortunatly too many people find it easier to blame someone else/plane/HO, rather than themselves.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Stll kinda new here
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2001, 11:02:00 AM »
  As you grow more skilled you will learn to relish the whines of your victims. It is the icing on the cake for me. Conversely never whine online. The bastage just shot you down,  why give him the additional satisfaction.

The bbs is different. They don't like to admit it. But if enough people whine about the same thing. They do look at it. And will change it, if they feel it is wrong. Just measure thy lament with reason  

Offline elstevie

• Copper Member
      •  http://stevenewing_1.tripod.com/bf109/
Stll kinda new here
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2001, 02:14:00 PM »
Was told when i started "pick a plane and learn it well" thats what i would recomend for ANY one who is new.

Works for me  

------------------

[This message has been edited by elstevie (edited 04-21-2001).]

RoadfRash

Stll kinda new here
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2001, 03:34:00 PM »
Jack it's your $30 bucks do as ya like within the TOS, your already havin fun so if anyone gets to mouthy just use the squelch and let em rave on while your still havin fun!

Offline Phantom121

• Zinc Member
Stll kinda new here
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2001, 04:44:00 PM »
I am with you Jackal - I fly N1K most of the time. I like it. I die a lot in it. I get a lot of kills in it. It is just more fun to fly for me than other planes, but then I am a die hard twisty-turny kinda guy.

Offline Dmitry

• Copper Member
Stll kinda new here
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2001, 07:17:00 PM »
I feel I must add my 2 cents....
This is first community for me that stands at 99% of time at very high moral and intelegent height....
Dont let that remainnig 1% spoil your day...
Guys you are the best. Period

------------------
Best regards
Dmitry aka vfGhosty