Author Topic: unperk spitXIV  (Read 975 times)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
unperk spitXIV
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2002, 09:24:23 AM »
I agree that the spit14 is perked too high right now.  I think it should be more like 20.  Seems a shame to have it available, with all the work it takes to roll a plane out, but have virtually none flying.  And, we have virtually none flying because of the cost.

Also, dumping the identifying icon would be nice, with the 14 tagged on you just become a center of all attention.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
unperk spitXIV
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2002, 09:50:32 AM »
I dont know about unperking that thing.  It may percieve to you that it is not much different than the spit9, however it is MUCH faster, accelerates MUCH faster, Climbs REALLY fast,  and turns REALLY well. It is overall very manueverable.  Been flying it in the CT, I am impressed with it. Those G10's, doras, dont get away from it too well. They are faster, but the acceleration of the late spit is just too much for them. Agree to lessen the cost of it (and the F4U-4).
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
unperk spitXIV
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2002, 10:11:49 AM »
Puhhhlllease..... ;)

The Spit XIV is a beast !

If your sick of SpitsHigh already, just unperk that baby and there is no need to have any other planes.

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
unperk spitXIV
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2002, 11:22:05 AM »
In any case, from the threads I have read on this, HTC position is that perks are to prevent certain aircraft from flying to regularly.  To this end the current perks are accomplishing that.

The Spitfire Mk XIV has 943 kills and has been killed 715 times  (.76 deaths per kill).  Compared with The Spitfire Mk IX has 30656 kills and has been killed 29988 times (.97 deaths per kill).

The Ta 152H has 601 kills and has been killed 390 times (.65 deaths per kill).  Compare to The Fw 190D-9 has 10330 kills and has been killed 7518 times (.72 deaths to each kill)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
unperk spitXIV
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2002, 11:26:03 AM »
Spit XIV and F4U-4 need to be perked.

Both should, IMO, be quite a bit cheaper than they are.  But I have stated my opinion on this many times.

Turbot,

You do realize that according to your numbers the Fw190D-9 has a better K/D ratio than the perked Spitfire Mk XIV?  That is the first time since perk planes were introduced that I have ever seen a freebie plane have a better K/D ratio than a perk plane.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2002, 11:28:38 AM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
unperk spitXIV
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2002, 11:30:03 AM »
The cost does seem a bit high but the big problem is the perk tag, its a real magnet.
I know when I engage an F4U in the back of my mind is "chog maybee?" untill I get in close enough to id it, adds to the fun, for me at least.
I would like to see all perk tags removed, it would allow the guy's flying them to avoid the constant "conga line" behind them and would add to the game immersion if you had to watch for a bit prior to ingagement asking yourself Spit9 or Spit14..DHog or F4U-4.
Im sure HT has his reasons, but I sure cant figure them out:)

Shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
unperk spitXIV
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2002, 11:49:52 AM »
This must be "national troll day"

Waiting for an "unperk the jet" post

J_A_B

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
unperk spitXIV
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2002, 12:07:31 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
Spit XIV and F4U-4 need to be perked.

Both should, IMO, be quite a bit cheaper than they are.  But I have stated my opinion on this many times.

Turbot,

You do realize that according to your numbers the Fw190D-9 has a better K/D ratio than the perked Spitfire Mk XIV?  That is the first time since perk planes were introduced that I have ever seen a freebie plane have a better K/D ratio than a perk plane.

For whatever reason Turbot posted Deaths per Kill, not the Kills per Death that we are so used to referring to :D

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
unperk spitXIV
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2002, 12:24:43 PM »
Originally posted by CavemanJ

For whatever reason Turbot posted Deaths per Kill, not the Kills per Death that we are so used to referring to :D

The Spitfire Mk XIV has 943 kills and has been killed 715 times (.76 deaths per kill  1.31 K/D). Compared with The Spitfire Mk IX has 30656 kills and has been killed 29988 times (.97 deaths per kill  1.02/K/D).

The Ta 152H has 601 kills and has been killed 390 times (.65 deaths per kill 1.54 K/D ). Compare to The Fw 190D-9 has 10330 kills and has been killed 7518 times (.72 deaths to each kill  1.37 K/D)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
unperk spitXIV
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2002, 12:38:32 PM »
Citabria is right.

The Spitfire Mk XIV has 943 kills and has been killed 715 times (.76 deaths per kill 1.31 K/D).

The Fw 190D-9 has 10330 kills and has been killed 7518 times (.72 deaths to each kill 1.37 K/D)

Considering that Spitfires are more popular, and the Mk. XIV was more common than the Dora in WWII, and the Mk. XIV was  used for a longer period (17 months vs 9 months) than the Dora during the war, it's absurd that the Dora should be 10 times more common in the MA.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2002, 12:40:45 PM by funkedup »

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
unperk spitXIV
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2002, 12:47:28 PM »
I think it should lose the "Spit14" tag.  As far as unperking it, bleh, I don't really care one way or another to be honest.  I don't fly it now, I probably wouldn't fly it if it was unperked.  

If it were unperked, I'm pretty sure it would be the most flown plane in the arena, easily.  All the Spit IX drivers would switch over, and probably a good chunk of the N1K2 and La7 pilots as well.

If you want them to lower the price, just don't fly it.  It worked with the Ta-152.. well, over the course of 10 months anyway.  It is now only 20 points instead of the 60 it used to be.

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
unperk spitXIV
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2002, 12:50:39 PM »
"I think it should lose the "Spit14" tag."

I really don't want to have to treat every Spit I meet as if it's a Spit 14.  It sucks enough already having to treat every 109 like it has the speed of the G-10 and turning ability of the F.    

Some of us don't play at 1600 x 1200 and can't see the graphics well enough to tell which particular model it is.

J_A_B

Offline mrsid2

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
unperk spitXIV
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2002, 12:57:24 PM »
CavemanJ are you saying pony is a good accelerator then?

Offline Soviet

• Nickel Member
      • http://flanker2.8m.net
unperk spitXIV
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2002, 01:52:33 PM »
What does the Doras K/D have to do with anything?  Mostly skilled LW pilots fly it because it is a little difficult to fly for a newbie because it is stricktly a BnZ and E fighter.

The SPITXIV needs to be perked IMO but 60 is just way too high.  In my opinion all perk planes need to be cut.

Ta-152 is fine at it's value
CHOG is fine at it's value
Tempest should be 40
F4u4 should be 40
Spit XIV should be 35
Me-262 should be 100 (I have money to spend on it but 200 is a lot and takes a long time to reach if you aren't on much or aren't that good a pilot)

This whould make perk planes more common.

As it is the only perk planes I really see are the CHOG and the occassional Ta-152 or Me-262.

Oh and the Dora should remain unperked, the P-51 is more deadly than it the only reason the P-51 doesn't have the K/D it has is because a lot of newbies seem to be drawn to the P-51 (maybe too much Saving Private Ryan? P-51 Tank killers! lol).  Also I know some people who would probably leave if the Dora was perked because it is their main ride.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
unperk spitXIV
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2002, 01:55:46 PM »
Originally posted by Soviet
What does the Doras K/D have to do with anything?  Mostly skilled LW pilots fly it because it is a little difficult to fly for a newbie because it is stricktly a BnZ and E fighter.

ROFLMAO

Thanks, that's the funniest thing I've read all day.  You did mean it as a joke... right?

Right?

-- Todd/Leviathn