Author Topic: HTC, I'm begging you  (Read 493 times)

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
HTC, I'm begging you
« on: April 20, 2001, 10:47:00 PM »
I fly with my squad (knits) during the Texas day, and with other friends (rooks) at night.
Is it at all possible to permit side switching more frequently than the current twelve hours?  Even six hours would make me happy.
Espionage isn't such a big problem that you have to be so restrictive on all of us.
It will never be that big of a problem.
I also understand that a good deal of the AH community will be against me.  But should we really set our standards by those who are too afraid to discover that each country is pretty much like any other?

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
HTC, I'm begging you
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2001, 12:37:00 AM »
 Yea I second that.

Moose11

HTC, I'm begging you
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2001, 12:38:00 AM »
Yeah, I think he's right.

mostly because I hafta wait for him to change over to rooks every night.  

funked

HTC, I'm begging you
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2001, 12:49:00 AM »
Yeah I don't see why the delay should be so long.  An hour is plenty.

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
HTC, I'm begging you
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2001, 02:52:00 AM »
i agree i too would like to be able to switch during the day and night

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
HTC, I'm begging you
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2001, 03:21:00 AM »
Pipe in your way old and pointless "they will cheat"  reasoning Pongo.

It should be much shorter, agreed.

Its nice to join other squads and meet new guys. This totally discriminates against interaction like that.

Offline Fidd

• Copper Member
HTC, I'm begging you
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2001, 03:54:00 AM »
Absolutly NOT. Of course this will be abused. Make it a week and have done with it!

Originally posted by Dinger:
I fly with my squad (knits) during the Texas day, and with other friends (rooks) at night.
Is it at all possible to permit side switching more frequently than the current twelve hours?  Even six hours would make me happy.
Espionage isn't such a big problem that you have to be so restrictive on all of us.
It will never be that big of a problem.
I also understand that a good deal of the AH community will be against me.  But should we really set our standards by those who are too afraid to discover that each country is pretty much like any other?

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
HTC, I'm begging you
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2001, 07:01:00 AM »
Personally I side sides more often to help out the current underdog, but the time penalty is too restrictive. WOuld like to see this changed too.

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
HTC, I'm begging you
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2001, 07:27:00 AM »
I agree, 6 hours is a good standard.

Just make it you have to fly one country at least 24 hrs. or longer to recieve any reset perks.

Sax

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
HTC, I'm begging you
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2001, 08:30:00 AM »
As always, I think shorter is much better. Even if spying did/does occur, who really cares? And, if memory serves me correctly, the reason for the switch wasn't spying, it was the fact that some guys were upset about people switching sides to end an overwhelming side's abuse of a weak side- that is, they switched to high side to force the reset. Some guys were really pissed they couldn't preserve easy vultching, or that they couldn't just "own".

"What are you doing, Kieren?!"
"I'm flying the goon into the base."
"Why? If we get that field, we reset!"
"Yes, I know."
"Don't do that! We worked for a whole afternoon to get the fields where they are!!"
"What's the point? Are you going to keep it this way forever?"
"Muahahaha!"

Anyone else remember the events? Hitech happened to be in the arena shortly after one of these "episodes" and people screamed "set the time limit up!" He said "24 hours long enough?" The crowd said "Yes!" and here we are a year later.

Offline Fokker

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.inbusiness.no
HTC, I'm begging you
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2001, 08:59:00 AM »
I agree. It is too long at present. In WB i changed sides a lot. Normally to join the underdogs to balance numbers.

I always found it more fun to have lots of targets than to compete with 20 others for a single kill.

Thus I also had several tours of more than 1000 kills a tour of duty. Could never do that being on the numbers team.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
HTC, I'm begging you
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2001, 10:51:00 AM »
cc kieran, but 6 hours sounds better than 12 now.  

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
HTC, I'm begging you
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2001, 11:33:00 AM »
Creamo. relax
I have seen people hang out at a field and tell their buds when the goon was coming in.
I have seen people change sides to use our dar against us.
I saw mitsu just recently change sides to get in on shooting down a huge buff mission that we launched.Even your heros do it.
That whole thing about people ending a vulch by switching sides to capture the last base I thougth was crap. I think its crap to deliberatley keep a county in that state.
I do think its funny that one of the people most likly to take advantage and cheat and think it was funny that people didnt like it is here critisizing me.
If it was an hour then cheating would be rampant. Hell we had someone from another county spying on our rw a few months ago.
The 5 people that legitimatly want to change sides more often would be lost in a wave of cheaters that did it for "thier squad".
If people are doing it with the 12 hour wait. what happens with a 1 hour wait.
I think that 6 would be fine. Probably equivelent to 12. As I understand it the 12 was just the result of a channel 1 pole the night that the reset was forced.

funked

HTC, I'm begging you
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2001, 12:26:00 PM »
The thing is, who gives a flying fart if it's abused or not?  It's just the Pork Arena anyways.  It's basically a practice arena.  Does anybody really care one way or another which chess piece is ahead in the landgrab porkfest?  If somebody cares about it so much that they will cheat or spy, then let 'em.  Who gives a crap.

Offline DRILL

• Copper Member
      • http://www.457thbgh.com
HTC, I'm begging you
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2001, 12:48:00 PM »
 I agree 6 hrs is good tho i never change im a die hard knight but ya never know  

------------------
DRILL
Drill /384th FA/CH 364th