Author Topic: Whats you favorite defensive move?  (Read 852 times)

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
Whats you favorite defensive move?
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2001, 04:32:00 PM »

Originally posted by Mk10 225th:
I've found that rolling back the cockpit and screaming like a girl helps.

Mk

Did you ever see "Rocketman", the Disney flick about the computer nerd who goes to Mars?

I had this mental picture of that guy screaming like he did when he was selected for the mission, while sitting in a Jug and I laughed out loud and made the whole damn office look at me...

My fav move is called "Stay in the Hangar".

------------------
Kratzer
Geschwader Kommodore
LuftJägerKorps

[This message has been edited by Kratzer (edited 02-06-2001).]

Sandman_SBM

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2001, 05:25:00 PM »
Simple! Just reach down, place the tab on the RJ-45 connector between your thumb and forefinger, squeeze and pull... Instant DISCO.  

Offline Regurge

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2001, 05:47:00 PM »
When chased on the deck, I like to do a sort of high yo-yo when theyre about 1.2-2.5k back. So when they get into guns range im headed back at them and almost straight down. The cool part is if they try for a tracking shot theres a good chance they'll auger. Even better is to do it going up and down the side of a hill.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2001, 05:53:00 PM »
Let him get about 600 or so yards back, I push the stick hard forward as I throttle back, roll left 90 degrees, pull stick hard, roll right 180 degrees, pull hard, watching him the whole time. This works almost every time, only a handful of pilots see it coming. If he tries to throttle back and follow me, he can't slow down as fast as me, and he ends up dead.

That's the plan anyway.  

Offline DRILL

• Copper Member
      • http://www.457thbgh.com
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2001, 05:53:00 PM »
Put my head between my legs and kiss my bellybutton goodbye!!  hehehehe

yep thats what i do  

------------------
 DRILL                     CO 457TH
Drill /384th FA/CH 364th

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2001, 05:57:00 PM »

Originally posted by Regurge:
When chased on the deck, I like to do a sort of high yo-yo when theyre about 1.2-2.5k back. So when they get into guns range im headed back at them and almost straight down. The cool part is if they try for a tracking shot theres a good chance they'll auger. Even better is to do it going up and down the side of a hill.

Yeah I luv that. They either nose down for the gun shot - red out and auger - or blow their E leaving you to zoom above them and pick your shot. Or they invert to follow you down and hit the deck. Or they go vertical and time it wrong so you can slip in right behind em  

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2001, 06:11:00 PM »
My favorite defensive move?

If that don't blind the guy and force him to auger I'll do a 'roll-away'.. leaves me on his six with enuff energy to make him go "OH toejam!"

------------------
Hang
1st/AG "Bishlanders"  << Recruiting!!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2001, 06:29:00 PM »
If I can't drag the bandit into friendly ack I have found augering gets him off my 6 pretty much every time.  

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2001, 07:13:00 PM »
Depending on the kites and relative E states there are a couple I like

Lag/displacement roll, snatching the throttle to idle when they're about 1500yds back and starting a slow quarter roll away from the best rolling direction of my kite.  When they close to about 700yds I roll 90degrees the other way and hold about 2.5 Gs through a roll.  Sends'em right out front.  Yaks are real good at this (right Hang?   )

Drag'em into a defensive spiral.  This works best with kites that can generate ALOT of drag and get minimal acceleration in a dive, like the hogs with thier gear extended.  Gotta be careful setting the bandit up though or they see it coming and zoom into a high yo-yo and yer toast.  If they fall for it you've got a shot inside of 2 revolutions.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2001, 07:16:00 PM »
I hate Yaks.  
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2001, 07:34:00 PM »
I like to do a big continuous lazy high-g barrel roll with the throttle cut if the con is much faster than me.  If he is about the same speed as me:  Roll inverted, cut throttle, drop flaps, pull hard, roll left until rightside up, hit wep, try to shoot them as they fly past you.  

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
      • Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2001, 07:41:00 PM »
Extending!      

Thunder

[This message has been edited by Thunder (edited 02-06-2001).]
Aces High DickweedHBG: www.dickweedhbg.com

bertie

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2001, 07:47:00 PM »
If in a typh do what i always do: Point the nose down with wep and get the heck outta dodge...

Nath-BDP

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2001, 07:51:00 PM »
Luftwaffe secret. ;)

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2001, 07:52:00 PM »
Yeah hblair, I've started trying the same type of move you describe.  The trick is that I keep my speed quite high in the Jug, so I normally don't have a big speed differential to work with.  I think I start it too early and the bogey just sits there and blasts the crap out of me as I flop around stupidly.  

I rope-a-dope a lot too, but to be honest I don't class it as a defensive move.  It's more of a sucker move, and as long as I have more E I'm on the offensive.. period.    Actually I have more luck with being the ropee.  A slightly lower P47 is almost always underestimated.  I like to come in lower and fast, and use lag pursuit to control my closure rate in the Jug.  This hides my true E state to a degree, and when that predictable 109 goes for the rope-a-dope, I just zoom up and blast 'em from the sky.

Somebody mentioned scissors in a P47.  I don't reccomend it!  The Jug will slow down fast, but at low speed it handles like a brick.  Just about any plane in the game can scissor with a Jug.  The only exception is if you keep the scissors going downward and keep the speed up.  If you can keep it over 250MPH, you can roll well, but your pushing it.  If they have enough smash that you think you can force the overshoot, a barrel roll of some sort is normally a much better option in the Jug.  The roll will rob you of less speed, and the Jug accelerates like crap at low speed, so you need to keep all the speed you can.

Tac, I haven't seen Frenchy's move.  I will tell you that with a bit of E, the Jug handles really well in the vertical.  Even very low speed reversals at the top of vertical moves are very controlable.  Is he pulling some kind of low speed rudder move?  Explain.  

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"A pig is a jolly companion, Boar, sow, barrow, or gilt --
A pig is a pal, who'll boost your morale, Though mountains may topple and tilt.
When they've blackballed, bamboozled, and burned you, When they've turned on you, Tory and Whig,
Though you may be thrown over by Tabby and Rover, You'll never go wrong with a pig, a pig,
You'll never go wrong with a pig!" -- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"