Author Topic: Whats you favorite defensive move?  (Read 853 times)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Whats you favorite defensive move?
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2001, 08:13:00 PM »
I do a low G rudder turn and point the front of my AC at them once they are lined up I fly right towards them and hold the trigger down.

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2001, 08:30:00 PM »
On the deck;

I chop throt, nose up hard, then nose down hard into either a hard right or left break turn depending which side the enema is closest to, pop flaps as much as allowed, and apply hard rudder in direction of turn to keep a/c nose from climbin'.

This usually forces the overshoot, At which point I close up flaps, center control surfaces and open throt w/WEP on. and begin chasing the enema.

Only a few will see it for what it is and barrel roll to stay behind me puttin' the rounds in my cockpit.

------------------
"ASSASSINS have BIGGER Joysticks!"

<< MILENKO >>
ACES HIGH ASSASSINS Website
WB/AH ASSASSINS Website

Offline Oosik

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2001, 09:10:00 PM »
Point Straight down and see if the the con will follow me into a dirt nap.

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2001, 10:03:00 PM »
My favorite defensive move...is the one where I don't get shot! Now, if I could only remember what that was. However, If I was to go by what I always yell at my squaddies on RW, I would say:

1) Split-S
2) Barrel Roll
3) Bring him back here!! (The drag)

------------------
Sundog
VMF-111 Devildogs
'Criticism is always easier then craftmanship.'

Offline fats

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2001, 10:04:00 PM »
Leph,

The more I've thought of defensive moves, the more I've come to the conclusion that in order for any of them to work the attacking pilot must screw up. For example a Bf 109G-10 pilot dives long enough for the stick forces to come really heavy. Someone follows you to a dive, you slow down and start a 'split-S', they might end up ripping the wings or overshoots and you recognize it early enough to abort the 'split-S' for a snapshot as they zoom up or something.

If it was clean 1 v. 1 there's nothing that will save you from a higher and faster plane indefinetly. Luckily the arenas are hardly clean 1 v. 1, so IMHO the best you can do is to deny good shot from the enemy long enough to get help from friendly planes or AAA.

// fats

Offline llbm_MOL

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2001, 11:58:00 PM »
Jugs are alot of fun low and slow if its you and anything but a niki or a spit. Everybody underestimates them. I kill more planes in a Jug when they catch me low and slow than any other plane. They think they have an easy kill but the jug handles very well at just above stall speed with a notch sometimes two of flaps and plenty of wepp. All you have to do is force the overshoot. If he doesnt have to much smash you can usually get a good shot for a second or two from those 8 50's. They rip a plane to pieces in seconds if you get all 8 on em. Use rolling scissors to make em miss or if you still have some smash I like to draw them in by keeping my speed high but going into a shollow right or left hand turn. If you use the turn right you give the appearance of being very slow. He's watching the distance icon shrink fast but you still have plenty of speed. Right when he's about to open up, you have several options as you still fast. One barrel roll, a hard pull back on the stick, a scissiors, any and all will work to make him miss the shot. Then its your turn and you had better not miss. At least knock something off of him so he's flying more like a Jug

LLB OUT!!!!!!!!!

eskimo

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2001, 08:04:00 AM »

Originally posted by Oosik:
Point Straight down and see if the the con will follow me into a dirt nap.

ROTFLMAO 0osik!

BTW guys, I don't think he is kidding and I wouldn't put him past this kind of a ploy.

eskimo, Brother of 0osik