Author Topic: Naval wish list...feel free to add yours  (Read 295 times)

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
Naval wish list...feel free to add yours
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2002, 01:04:29 PM »
I agree, Spawn points along the lines of the PT would still be essential.

The following photos show off the lines and armament to even better effect.

-  Seagoon
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline BOOT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.327th.org
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2002, 01:16:43 PM »
Drooling at the thought of subs and corvettes !!!

BOOT

Offline Dr Zhivago

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2002, 05:49:38 AM »
That Castle Class Corvette is just too slow, i prefer japanese destroyers as perk boats...

Matsu Class Destroyer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Displacement  

Full Load 1,506 tons (trials)
Standard 1,262 tons
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dimensions

328'1" x 30'8" x 10'10"
Propulsion

Boilers 2
Turbines 2 geared steam
Horsepower 19,000shp
Shafts 2
Max Speed 27.75 knots
Endurance N/A
Oil Bunkerage N/A
Armament

Main Battery 3 x 5" (127mm)/50 cal (Model 1914) (1x2, 1x1)
AAW 24 x 25mm/60 cal AA
Torpedoes 4 x 24" (610mm)  (1x4) launcher
w/4 x 24" (61 cm) Type 93 (1933) Model 2  
ASW 4 depth charge throwers
w/36 depth charges
Complement  

Usual 150

More info...
http://www.combinedfleet.com/dd.htm

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
Destroyers
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2002, 08:16:08 PM »
Hi Dr. Zhivago,

While I'm not adverse to Destroyers being added as perk ships (and perhaps the fleet destroyers being fully modelled). But I believe that a player controlled ship that powerful (it either has 12x2 barrelled or 8x4 barrelled 25mm AA mounts for instance and 3x5 INCH guns or more mannable AA mounts than the current CV!) should at least initially be a boatload (pun intended) of perk points. 3 of them, for instance, would have nearly the same bombardment power as a current fleet. The Matsu is also pretty zippy even when compared to the ELCO PT  - 27 kts vs 41 kts.

I still think the Corvette would make a better second step between PTs and DDs (I think DDs should be step 3)
1) PT
2) Corvettes & Subs
3) DD

The lower number of weapon mounts, the lesser offfensive power, and the slower speed, plus the greater sub destroying power of the hedgehog, would make for a cheaper (in terms of perks) and less potentially imbalancing transition. Although, I'm not wed to the Corvette, there are other ships (gunboats and frigates) between the PT and the DD which might also be introduced first.

Also as far as speed is concerned, regardless of what the top speed is, spawn points will be a must, anything less than 180mph in a flight sim is considered excruciatingly slow.

Still, I do look forward to the day when some DDs are introduced, and bring on the Subs!

- SEAGOON
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline CMC Airboss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2002, 01:59:38 PM »
Coastal bases resupplied via the sea with freighters.

CMC Airboss aka MiG

Offline cajun

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2002, 01:30:36 PM »
Fairey SwordFish & Sea Gladaitor :D

Offline Yippee38

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2002, 02:27:14 PM »
I'd like to see something like the little steam vents they do on modern carrier decks.  Perhaps a windsock type of thing on the forward end of the carrier.  The carriers need something to show when they are turning (it's not always easy to tell) and to show when the relative wind across the bow is more or less favorable (more or less as in greater or less than, not somewhat).  That way, if you are going to try to lift off a heavily loaded Hog, you can tell if you've got a decent headwind (fleet is heading into the wind) or not (fleet is travelling with the wind).  Along with this, increase the sea level wind so the carrier pointing in the right direction would become more important to launching planes.

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2002, 01:55:31 PM »
Would like for fleet commander to have actual fleet command.  While actually present on the ship, be able to check gun fire and enable/disable aircraft launches.   The reason for this?  So the ships can get to places without some joe giving away the fleet before it is in position to strike.

Command of this level should require perks.

Offline BotaBing

• Copper Member
Yep
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2002, 09:11:11 PM »
All good ideas.

I would like to see waves, and actual water (when you crash on it, you sink)

Offline Preon1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2002, 12:26:08 PM »
the more targets the better :)