Author Topic: The only flaw in AH worth whining about IMHO  (Read 638 times)

Offline samu1

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.sammu01.clara.net
The only flaw in AH worth whining about IMHO
« on: April 21, 2001, 12:23:00 PM »
As you can see I don't post very often but I do read the board regularly. Those of you who were privilidged enough to remember the pre AH glory days of AW will also remember the different attitude overall. Almost everyone saluted each other after killing or being killed by an opponenet and it was common for plenty of friendly banter. Unfortunatly here in Aces High, it is much rarer for downed pilots to be saluted and much more importantly it is much more common in Aces High to hear battles over CH1 about the "HO CHog Dweeb" and the "Cheating Nik". Much worse are the insults pilots throw at each other. There seems to be a bad attitude in Aces High, instead of a bunch of WW2 combat fanatics logging on and having a laugh, guys log on and after getting beaten in a fight, start mouthing off about a porked FM, a cheater, a HO, the list is endless. Unfortunatly to say i think these "bad vibes" emitted by some are affecting others including me. When I came to AH I always <S> kills as often as I could and kept the old AW attitude. Now even I have been guilty of getting mouthy on Ch.1. Guys, this to me is the biggest flaw in AH, the lack of community spirit in the MA. This is just a game, whether you like it or not, it is a very good game IMHO. Is it too much to ask just to enjoy yourself online, isn't that what you pay for, if you enjoy getting into the flame wars on Ch.1, I think you should rethink your attitude. If you get shot down it is no shame, you fought, you lost, you'll have another chance when you re-up. I'd like everyone who hasn't fallen asleep by this stage and wants a better, more sporting attitude in the MA to post here, then, maybe we'll be able to work together to create an MA we can be proud of.

------------------
Better to live on your feet than to die on your knees :)

Moose11

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2001, 12:33:00 PM »
I think the best dogfights are when afterwards, you exchange friendly banter on private or on ch.1 with the enemy.

Was once in a fight with air_guard for almost 10 minutes - two G10s, and we couldn't put each other away. I finally pinged him and he nosed in.

Was very polite, respectful, and we chatted about the dogfight and what our mistakes were. (his were that he had gondolas  )

Wish every kill or killer would be that way!

Offline samu1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2001, 12:41:00 PM »
Here, here Moose, I'm glad someone knows the joys of friendly banter  

Offline DRILL

• Copper Member
      • http://www.457thbgh.com
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2001, 12:53:00 PM »
mosse sounds like ya had a great time  
 i dont get them myself to often but they are the ones i enjoy the most  ..<S>

------------------
DRILL
Drill /384th FA/CH 364th

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2001, 01:02:00 PM »
remove the chog and n1k, problem solved      

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2001, 01:13:00 PM »
 Since the whine comes up again. Ill bring the question up again. Name one thing that the nik does better than any other plane.

Ill grant the chog has the best guns. But why is it always the chog AND the n1k2.  Half the planes will out run it. 2 or 3 will out turn it. 2 or 3 will out accelerate it. What is your whine based on.

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2001, 01:37:00 PM »
It is important to be polite for a game and for a comunity. I always salute those who killed me, I have the line which I normally paste when killed. It is as follows:

<S>. #%^@#$^ HO @%@Q$% cheater @$%@$% niki &*(&@#$ chog.

Fariz

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2001, 01:45:00 PM »
Cause they arena is full of schoolgirls flying tough planes.  They should leave the harder ones to us men and stay in the chog and n1k til they can fly them without crying.

Offline samu1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2001, 01:51:00 PM »
i'm not Whining about the niki or the Chog, I'm whining about the fact that people are so consumed with fighting and not with having a laugh and creating a great atmosphere that everyone can enjoy.

Everyone be happy  

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2001, 03:18:00 PM »
No flame wars or whiners in AW?

Maybe you were playing boxed AW offline.

Offline BBGunn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2001, 04:02:00 PM »
Hi Samu1:  Yeah I agree.  There seems to be some need in people to copy the lowest form of behavior stuff here in the US.  I noticed on the news the other night that some folks were playing "smack down" wrestling and ended up going to the hospital.  The lowest common denominator of behavior is used by TV moguls to trick people into watching that stuff but people copy it too. Barf-Gack!.  Maybe the players here that have a consciousness should form a union or something.  Most of the comments that I have gotten from sim developers (not including HTC)and sim Bboard editors state that you have to pretty much play with people you know and have some trust in to have good games. Oh well.  But it is a definite problem and I think those of us who care should keep discussing the subject and maybe a solution will suface.  EG: dogfighter.com has a comment on its bulletin board in th 'online' category.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2001, 04:56:00 PM »
The problem with the N1K is that it's a very small plane with a quite big engine.

As it gets slow, as in zooms etc, it should have a terrible torque that'd twist it around. As it is, it just holds in the air, utterly stable.

It also holds e way too good IMHO.

------------------
Von Santa
Staffelkapitän 9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"If you return from a mission with a victory, but without your Rottenflieger, you have lost your battle."
- D. Hrabak, JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bigpond.net.au/phoenix
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2001, 05:14:00 PM »

Name one thing that the nik does better than any other plane.

Here's a counter-question for you easymo  

Name one plane that does everything as well as the Nik?  Turn, guns, climb, speed, e-retention?

Moose11

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2001, 05:30:00 PM »
What happened to the original question?

<--- is surprised how any topic can be diverted into a chog/nikki thread!

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2001, 05:33:00 PM »
 How can it do "everything" When it does not do anything best.

Just a hint. The reason I fly it, is it does the very thing that people claim it doesnt do, very well.

[This message has been edited by easymo (edited 04-21-2001).]