Author Topic: Side Balance and perk points  (Read 188 times)

Que

Side Balance and perk points
« on: February 06, 2001, 01:51:00 PM »

Have not checked the boards for a while. You guys keep this place busy! I was reading some of the newer posts and saw comments about the sides being unbalanced. At one time I remember someone saying that the perk planes might be enabled for a badly outnumbered team.
  Maybe what could also be done is add a factor to the perk scoreing system that takes team numbers into effect. With squads rotateing each tour it seems some team is usually outnumbered for quite some time.
  Even if this did not even out the numbers, at least there would be some consolation in knowing you are getting more perk points.
  If HTC provides some planes that are really valued by players this perk system might be very useful.

Que

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2001, 06:41:00 PM »
Who in their right mind is going to take up a perk plane when they are being gang banged???? Even if you don't lose the perk points for it all you are doing is giving the enemy side a gold plated vulch oportunity to kill your perk.

Mav   as usual
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline lemur

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2001, 10:01:00 PM »
I see your point, even if Maverick (SNORK) doesn't.

Just because it's 2 on 1 doesn't mean every field is being vulched.

The other week the Nits & Bish gang porked the Snooks. And the Bish all ended up with some large number of perk points for wiping them out.

Hardly fair considering they outnumbered their opponents by 2 to 1. Now if the defenders had been able to earn double perk points during their defense... well, I doubt you'd see so many folks loggin off when things started to go bad.