Author Topic: anyone here race there cars?  (Read 975 times)

Offline loser

• Silver Member
anyone here race there cars?
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2002, 09:00:26 PM »
yes. but we kept it eh hem.... "safe."

we took it out on the highway away from pedestrians.  The highway we race on is rather deserted in the evening...no pedestrians or innocent bystanders.  The racers range in age from 16 to 50 and cars from dumb assed Cavaliers to 700 HP muscle cars.

My baby:

Offline JoeDirt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2002, 01:38:31 PM »
aww man you really pooped on the mustang there chaoss(sp?)

you know there comeing out with 5.0's in 2004?

i was just telling my parents how gay those muff's were...
have you talked to some one who owns a car like that?

i like the subaru impreza WRX, my dad works with some one who has one and he has really suped it,  he says he races those teenagers and beats em every time. he said it can outdo a corvette. :eek:

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2002, 01:48:35 PM »
I'm sure this has been posted before, but here it is for good measure http://www.riceboypage.com/
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2002, 01:51:04 PM »
Originally posted by JoeDirt

you know there comeing out with 5.0's in 2004?

In June last year, I was >< close (had the check for downpayment written out!) to buying a 2002 Cobra SVT...however my requirements were to be able to have 2 jumper seats in the back seat with room for legs...there wasn't even room for childrens legs in the Cobra's backseat..and the fact that my head rested firmly on the door jam regardless of seat position finally swayed my opinion away from the Cobra.

Offline Chaos68

• Silver Member
      • http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2002, 02:14:34 PM »
Originally posted by JoeDirt

sorry man i live by detroit michigan (FORD country) and all i see are mustangs.  I kinda get sick of those cars around here.

Im staring out my window at the street corner and out of 8 cars 6 of them are fords.  I dont hate fords i am just sick of some of them.

I can go on about SUV's :mad: too but i will hold back!

....i need a vacation!

Offline nuchpatrick

• Silver Member
      • http://www.361stvfg.com
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2002, 02:20:40 PM »
Tho.. I drove my Cobra II (93-95 pictured above) in high school hey I took what I was given :)  

But, I'm a mopar fan by heart and I can't wait for the reliease of the Hemi 8. I'm hoping they build it!! Guess with that.. I look forward to buying new my 2002 Stratus R/T Coupe in the fall.

Guess till then I'll just sit back and wait..

Offline loser

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2002, 03:12:02 PM »
Originally posted by Sikboy
I'm sure this has been posted before, but here it is for good measure http://www.riceboypage.com/

ROFLMFAO!!!!!! thanks man....

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2002, 07:00:37 PM »
Looking into a new vehicle as of late - thinking about a 95-97ish M3 - anyone own one?

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2002, 07:23:25 PM »
Originally posted by Sikboy
Ah.. thanks for the link.  His page changed location and I didn't know the new URL.  Everybody has to stop by at least to check out the Diablo story(at bottom of page)... it spurned this incredible response from the driver:
Guesss who i am ? Im the guy with the Diablo SV that you unauthorisingly took a picture of.....and since your such a little jelous peon like many people i encounter....proceded too just talk alota inaccurate toejam about.....because your whole aim was too just try too cut down somebody who you know your not equal too.....and probably never have a life compared too mine....especially at my young age of 25.
First off.....if you had any dignity which you obviously dont....because you have a website dedicated too ridiculing people......you would tell the whole story.

If your a regular at the Autocross events.....you should know that i have attended several times.....and the time and photo you posted are accurate of my first run on a track that i just arrived at....with no walk through....and taking it easy the first couple times around.

If you payed any attention.....im sure you know how my times basically dropped about 10-15 seconds the 2nd time around.....and proceded too get dramitically better of 4-8 seconds for the next several times.

Im probably wasting my time telling you this.....you probably know damn well how much my times improved....and how the things you said was only aimed at slandering me because of your sorry little poor life......and not being honest.

You can bet....its not a good thing too have very rich people who know many other people too be on their bad side.

I challenge you too put up my letter alongside your comments.......in uncensored form.......but you probably wont.....because your whole aim is too talk toejam.....and toejam is all your full of !

Sincerally,

Mr.Diablo

P.S. Dont bother replying......your email will be deleted as soon as i receive it.....because its probably full of toejam also.

Offline JoeDirt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2002, 09:01:34 PM »
jeez that riceboypage guy is a major bellybutton hole. :eek:

Offline Monk

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2002, 07:43:31 AM »
Originally posted by superpug1
i ain't got no bloody but my dad has this for 6 months out of the year :rolleyes:

I passed an old German Couple in a Trabant on the Autobahn with 1 of those:D  bad boy would get up to 60mph.

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2002, 08:38:42 PM »
JoeDirt, perhaps you need a lesson in reality.

A Subaru WRX outracing a Corvette? Are you nucking futs? Or just stupid? There's the basic starting point of the Corvette having a better power-to-weight ratio than the WRX, but wait - it gets better! Perhaps you've heard the words "transfer of weight" or "transfer of power" before? Lemme explain it in simple terms for ya. Corvette: Hit the gas, and the acceleration is going to put most of the weight over the rear wheels. The rear wheels are the drive wheels. Result? Better friction for drive wheels. Better acceleration, and better speed. Impreza WRX: All-wheel drive. Which means, what? That only 40% of the power is on the back wheels, which makes it far less able to take advantage of weight-transfer than the 'Vette. At least it has some power on the rear wheel.

Don't get me wrong, the WRX is a great car, but a better performance vehicle than the Corvette? Puh-lease :rolleyes:.

It's for that reason that massive wings are so wasted on FWD and AWD cars. Makes them look stupider than they are already, since it essentially amounts to a massive neon sign reading "MORON" in twenty-foot high letters.

Real easy for ya: FWD - very practical, more efficiency, better mileage, safer in slippery conditions. RWD - Better for power, takes advantage of weight transfer, better in a racing vehicle for controlling slides through turns, oversteer specifically. AWD - Safest in bad weather conditions. Not so fuel efficient.

And ya know, that riceboy site guy may be an amazinhunk, but at least he isn't an idiot.

:rolleyes:

Hell, I know where I stand, at least. My first car will probably be a Geo Metro hatchback. Either that or a Honda Civic hatchback. I firmly occupy the bottom of the totem pole here ;).

Offline JoeDirt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2002, 09:03:54 PM »
i thot i mentioned he suped his car up?

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2002, 09:25:24 PM »
So what, JoeDirt? Let's see here. Under the hood of the WRX we have a little horizontally opposed 1.9 liter 4-banger that generates 227 hp at 6000 revs and 217 lb-ft of torque at 4000 revs, stock. (2002 model)

Corvette? *Ahem*. This car has a 5.7 liter V8 engine that generates a maximum of 350 horsepower. Sorry, I couldn't find numbers on the torque, but it's in the 300 lb-ft range, plus. Plus, it has rear wheel drive. This is all stock, again, 2002 model.

Now try to explain to me how there is any way in hell that this guy could "supe up" his little WRX to come anywhere near a stock Corvette? Even if it were possible to make that poor little four cylinder generate the one hundred and twenty-three  additional horsepower it would need to only close the gap that the two cars have in performance, there is still a weight-transfer problem. It's also worth noting that all-wheel drive is going to rob more horsepower from the raw specs than rear-wheel drive will. But then, have you ever heard of a 4 cylinder, 1.9 liter engine that could generate 350 hp? If so, please tell me. And then prove it, because I find it impossible to believe that any amount of mods could give such a massive boost in performance.

There is only one possible way your pal could have won that race: He is really good, and the guy driving the 'Vette really, and I mean really sucks.

Offline Bonden

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2002, 02:02:01 AM »
Capt. Virgil Hilts

I have an 84 Regal T-Type also. Was planning to restore it (to an extent) and part of the process was to rebuild the original engine.  Where are you located - got a brocure? - web site?

Thanks,

Bonden   :)