Author Topic: The Frustration that is AH  (Read 1722 times)

Hans

The Frustration that is AH
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2000, 03:03:00 AM »
Man, this reminds me of when I started playing WarBirds for the first time.  I didn't actually hit anybody for about a day.  I never actually shot somebody down for a damn week.

Currently the only way that I am able to be successfull is with my brother Franz and work as a team using team based tactics.

Together we killed about three to five guys before one of us gets shot down.

When I tried this game without his help I got stomped.  Last run solo I was 0-5 and logged off.

Hans.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2000, 05:41:00 AM »
"Once it goes pay, every swinging stick in there is going to be a natural born killer. All the freebies will be gone."

Not a chance ! Mr Target will still be there for you  

I usualy manage to get 1/1 kill death for the moment, wnen flying Solo (not a choice) and get some much better results when i fly with a wingie, or if I just follow someone...

------------------
Saint
DCO 186th Wardogs (Falcon4 Squad)
 http://www.wardogs.org/
"Firepower Mate, that is what separates the men from the boys..."
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2000, 06:42:00 AM »
HaHa,
One other thing to keep in mind: lateral separation.  In that BnZ scenario where the target breaks upwards, forcing you to overshoot under him, the key to that situation is don't follow.  Instead, keep speed up, put a little distance between you (1.5k is good), then pull up into a good, strong climb, ending in an 180 immelmann.  No aircraft that breaks that hard on you will be able to follow, resulting in either the target diving away, or the target ending up right below you (1.0-2.0k).  Either way, you retain superior position.

------------------
leonid
129 IAP VVS RKKA
ingame: Raz

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2000, 08:19:00 PM »

Originally posted by Westy:
"Once it goes pay, every swinging stick in there is going to be a natural born killer. All the freebies will be gone."

Um. Not really guys. See.....

I'll be in there.

-BigFatTarget
And I am his wingman!  
KKEN

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2000, 09:32:00 PM »
HaHa I'm one of the guys that will get you to miss me then kill you right after.

Just like Dolomite said I will wait till you are close then roll and when I come around I will have a quick shot on you.

If I don't kill you I will at least hurt you bad enough you won't be able to do much.

As far as the quality of the players in here getting better..well I hope so. I learn something new everytime I fly and I hope the other pilots do to.

------------------
Mighty1
The New Baby Harp Seals

"Come try to club THIS Seal"
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Robert

• Copper Member
      • http://home.midsouth.rr.com/rwysairwar/
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2000, 11:34:00 PM »
i just wish there was a place to see some of the thing that these aces are using against me so i can get the kill for a change !
i know i know use the film. but you dont get to see all the controls ajustment the other pilot makes. another thing i cant under stand is how a plane can break right as you come by at 400 ias then break back left in behind you and still have enuff time to get a shot off.