Author Topic: tell me some tips against flak  (Read 419 times)

Offline 8Maniac8

• Zinc Member
tell me some tips against flak
« on: May 08, 2002, 03:04:29 AM »
How do you go against those flak vehicles or PT boats alone with out getting blown to pieces?

I mean I know its easy if you have 3 or more people around because the chance of the guy actually seeing you isn't great...but whenever I go in by myself...its pretty much the same ending to the story every time...I get shot down and the flak still fires to this day :mad: very frustrating sometimes....so is there any special tricks?  or is the only trick to never go in alone?

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2002, 07:12:15 AM »
Easiest way is to take up a TBM, KI-67 or B26.
Grab some alt, come over about 6k up.
Drop a big bomb on him.

Troubles solved.  :)

If you must attack in fighter misdirection helps
or attack from straight up and barrel roll slightly on the way down.

This will give them fits trying to track you.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2002, 08:23:09 AM »
Wait untill they're shoooting someone else, then drop a big bomb on them.  (Close DOES count:D )

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2002, 10:37:56 AM »
Attacking FLAK Panzers or PT Boats with a fighter (all alone) is dangerous if you are only working with guns. If you have some eggs, then you have a better chance. With eggs, you could damage the vehicle (smoking panzer) and at that point, visibility is limited and they might not be able to track very well. One egg on a PT Boat and it is destroyed.

If you have just guns and come straight in on these vehicles and they have you in the pipper, you are toast. Simple as that.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline ZOSO

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2002, 11:04:39 AM »
I had a lot of luck strafing PT boats from coming straight down on them from 2-3k up.  Of course you have to lead them if they're moving so aim for slightly in front of the boat.

Can't help ya with flaks, they tear me up.

Offline Mino

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2002, 01:43:13 PM »
Rockets also work very well against both.  

Keep this in mind, most FlakPanzer or PT boat kills are within d500.  

Fire your rockets about d600-800 and then egress.  When egressing always change your plane of motion in two directions with an altitude change and a direction change simultaneously.  Be a hard target to hit.

Offline rookie2000

• Zinc Member
q
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2002, 02:04:02 PM »
maybe im on the wrong site but is this site aboute air warrior 3?
if it is can somebody tell me how to play the game online?
the game cd had a program called''gamestorm , but it doesn't work.
please somebody help me

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2002, 02:27:05 PM »
You're about a a year late rookie :)  This is Aces High a "game" similar to AW.  Go to http://www.hitechcreations.com, download the game and give it a try.  You get 2 free weeks of play online and unlimited offline and H2H use.  Also read the help files:D

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2002, 03:50:13 PM »
for GV- PT boats I use a Corsair . any size eggs will do and drop from above 2.5k  at a 60-90 deg angle   or rockets coming in at a 20 deg angle releasing them at 1.4k-1.2k .  now u need to practice practice practice to get good at this . a custom gunsite helps alot with a center drop down line and a scale . for you have to learn what angles of attack to use with what position  on your gunsite .
use a rolling approach   level and release at suggested distance and weave and roll . the idea is not to let your plane stay lined up to become a easy target .

The lower part of the outer ring on your gunsite is a good place to start . and no I will not give out my gunsite .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2002, 04:30:39 PM »
A couple of tips:

-D800 and closer is suicidal range, break off before that.
-Use 1K bombs, that way you only need to get close and not pickle the GV directly
- Come from higher angles or almost 90deg straight down if possible.  I makes your aiming easier while the weapons traverse on GV's/PT's tends to be harder.
- Weave on approaches if possible, only straighten up for your shot.
- Shoot earlier than normal, remember these are almost stationary targets so you can open fire earlier.
- Set your convergence out further (D650) if you know you are going to be attacking GV's and PT's.  Remember to set it back before going plane hunting again.
- Don't attack with anything less than 50cals... 303's are near useless. 20mm are best in bunches.

Just some tips I try and use.

-Soda
The Assassins.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2002, 04:34:11 PM by Soda »

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2002, 04:44:10 PM »
Hi!

I had some luck in MA with Spit9 against PTs and GVs.

Concernig field defence, one 250 bomb and two rockets + 25-50% fuel.
You could climb to the 3k AGL prety fast which is enough in many cases.

Your best bet is co-op attack. Attack with wingman same time from OPPOSITE SIDES. That one who get GV or PT fire, break out away from wingman and other could make attack run "easy" even with guns only.

If you are alone dive bombing from high straight down with 500-1000 eggs is your best card.

ADD
Dont surprice if GV aint destroy even after 1000 pinpoint bomb... I had see many GVs midle of the create(?) and going well :eek:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2002, 04:49:10 PM by Xjazz »

Offline 8Maniac8

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2002, 05:04:03 PM »
thanks for the tips...this stuff will definately help :-)