Author Topic: All the difference in the world  (Read 777 times)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
All the difference in the world
« on: January 27, 2000, 04:18:00 PM »
I fly AH at all sorts of odd hours due to a volotile schedule.  I've flown with all types of people in many different circumstances.  I can't say that I have enjoyed all of it, because I haven't.

I'm almost beginning to think AH is like golf.  You don't really think about those 85 bad shots you had... but about the 6 good ones.  Forget all the bad sorties... remember the truly pleasurable ones.

Today was one of the good ones.  Flying with 2 squadmates and some old friends from FC, I simply had the most fun I've had playing this game.  Conversing with the squadies on RW while we attacked, destroyed, vulched and eventually captured the last rook field was simply awesome.  It was followed by a cleanup sortie where we went head to head with the 20 rooks that were near f9 when it suffered from a reset change to knight .  Even the sortie after that where we geared up in F4u-1Cs with drop tanks and went buff hunting.  All of them were truly memorable.

This game isn't as much about what type of aircraft you fly.  Its about who you fly with and how you work together.  Three people flying together with RW are a deadly force.  Its truly an enjoyable experience for all but the enemy  I'd gladly pay $30 a month to fly with this crew!

AKDejaVu

Thanks AKWabbit, AKSeaWulfe, GhostFT, Rocket and TazRD... it was a blast.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2000, 04:37:00 PM »
Yup... it's not WHAT yah do here. It's HOW yah do it.. and WHO ya do it with.

Good post AKDejaVu

Salute!

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2000, 05:42:00 PM »
That was a very good way of putting it  

-Westy

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2000, 09:47:00 PM »
Great Post DejaVu.

Salute.  It is people like you that make this  simulation a pleasure!

------------------
Damn Ghostrider!  This bogey is all over me!!
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2000, 10:24:00 PM »
DJ,

You got that staight man.  I had just logged on as a lark after coming home from work early because they're moving my office.  Didn't even expect to see you guys.  And it turned out to be one of my funnest adventures.

I feel sorry for those guys I see flying lone wolf.  They think the game is about nursing thier stats.  But I don't think they've ever had the fun I had today.  It isn't about having the best stats, its not always about being the one to get the kill.  Its about protecting your wingmen.  Its about working together to complete a mission.  Its about gladly sacrificing yourself to let that gooney make it to the field.  Its about hearing your wingmen say they have your six and knowing (I mean knowing) you don't even have to check your six because they got it!

I was sweating driving that gooney into the last base.  I was NOE and had several enema's including a 190 pass overhead without spotting me.  And Rocket cleared my six on the way in.  

DJ and SeaWaffle had that base locked down tight by the time I made my approach.  Whoohoo!  My first gooney sortie.  It was a blast!
{S}!!!

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.