Author Topic: The Dora, La7 and the other new rides....  (Read 654 times)

Ice

The Dora, La7 and the other new rides....
« on: March 13, 2001, 02:12:00 PM »
Well, I'm happy for all of you that enjoy drivin your new aircraft around. From what I've read on the boards and heard in the arena, HTC has once again done a good thing.

Me? How do I feel about all of this new horsepower in the MA? I love it!

I have not changed my ride, tried the 51B, but prefer the bubble canopy(I like to see stuff around me)and the 51D with a 4 gun loadout under 10k is plenty good enough for me. The excitement of having the Dora, La7 and others in the MA, being thought of as such formidable rides, is killing them.

Engagements are made with a renewed level of seriousness which I have found refreshing. It is now lethal to make the slightest tactical error. I'm enjoying myself much more than I used to.

Lastly, I find myself laughing at the fact that I have to chase these birds not unlike how many used to feel about chasing the 51...ironic eh? I still believe the 51 is the Cadillac of the Skies, but if you guys don't agree, thats OK too

------------------
Ice
13thTAS

It's not the Big that kill the Small, but the Fast that kill the Slow!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2001, 02:16:00 PM »
LOL, I still picture 20 Bish surround (A44?) last night and 4 P51D mustangs *finally* coming down once all cons were low, then, 4 mustangs chasing one hapless victim as he launched the runway, buffer reads "Kill awarded to Ice of TAS 13th.  

<S> Ice, I too find myself loitering in my F4U-1D looking for an LA-7 with just a slight altitude disadvantage!

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2001, 02:23:00 PM »
Best release so far!

Mox

Ice

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2001, 03:33:00 PM »
Ahhh my confused friend Rip

What you failed to see, were the 2 Dora's that we killed above the cloud cover and the 6 assorted foe's we killed once we punched thru the cloud cover on our way down to the poor defensless victims launching from their field, as well as the 5 others we killed on the egress home, all without a single loss to a 13th TAS pilot

But hey man.....I catch your drift

Cyas Up!<S>

------------------
Ice
13thTAS

It's not the Big that kill the Small, but the Fast that kill the Slow!

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2001, 11:55:00 PM »

------------------
Voss
13th TAS

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2001, 01:52:00 AM »
Dora rules! Yesterday I had 4 kill mission (P-51D, P-51B, Spit IX and F4U-1C) and that was something like my third sortie in it. And those were not vulch kills but happened near 10 kft!

It is just a new wonderful world of opportunities for pilot who has used to fly Fw 190A'd which are slower than most late war planes. My respect for P-51 has completely gone because I know I am in quite equal plane.

I haven't used Ta 152H-1 online yet since I have not seen any use for it. Still 1000/2400/400 perk points to spend...

------------------
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2001, 02:56:00 AM »
The La7 seems to have taken the Chogs crown as the new scourge of the arena. Seems to be about all I run into below 10k lately. Other than that, no real notice of the additional planes. Flying my Dora and smiling from ear to ear.

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2001, 03:28:00 AM »
Well,its still early but at this point WD is just lovin the introduction of the 190-D9.And the La7..

Wardog has 15 kills and has been killed 5 times in the Typhoon IB against the Fw 190D-9.

Wardog has 19 kills and has been killed 7 times against the Fw 190D-9.

Wardog has 15 kills and has been killed 9 times in the Typhoon IB against the La-7.

Wardog has 16 kills and has been killed 11 times against the La-7.

I can see La7 being a bit of a pest, there very quick.

Love takin the tiffy into low furballs, not smart flying but damn fun..

Dog out.......

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2001, 03:57:00 AM »
I'm dyin a lot but havin a blast in my 51B  
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2001, 05:04:00 AM »
Fly the La-7 and you will see it is not a chog. For one thing it can't spray and pray.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2001, 05:30:00 AM »
My main ride still remains the P47-25 but I have recently really enjoyed several sorties in the P51-B. It is really a sweet flying airplane and though the armament is weaker than what I am accustomed to I did get a kill in it my first time up.

The Yak 9T is also fun when straffing ground vehicles. That cannon definately does a number on them.

Havn't flown any of the new LW planes online, never cared for them much so I leave it to those who can really appreciate them.

MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2001, 07:25:00 AM »
I do see quite a few La7's in the arena, but I see more Dora's.  So I don't quite think the La7 is the new "scourge of the arena" like some people would like us to think  

It will be interesting to see the stats for the new planes at the end of the tour.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2001, 07:41:00 AM »
I agree with Vermillion. Wait until next TOD (thousand islands map) and you'll see hordes of C-Hogs and Nikis again: 4x20mm turbolasers (with plenty of ammo) are difficult to forget ...

P.S.: Verm, I took a look at the Ju87 manual but it is in italian ... I guess not so easy to read  

GAT
4° Stormo Caccia - Knights
"The Eyeties are comparatively easy to shoot down. Oh, they're brave enough. In fact, I think the Eyeties have more courage than the Germans, but their tactics aren't so good. They are very good gliders, but they try to do clever acrobatics and looping. But they will stick it even if things are going against them, whereas the Jerries will run." (G.Beurling)

[This message has been edited by gatt (edited 03-14-2001).]
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2001, 10:20:00 AM »
Gatt, thanks for taking a look at the Ju87 manual   As you guessed however, I speak no Italian at all, so it would be essentially useless for me.

Keep an eye out for any new manuals in English if you get the chance  

Thanks again

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2001, 10:27:00 AM »
Relative to the P51D:

LA7 = Too close to call
Fw190D9 = Excellent
P51B = Very Good
Tempest = Awesome
Arado = Very Good
TA-152 = Good
Yak9T = Very Good
Fw190F8 = Dud

Yeager

[This message has been edited by Yeager (edited 03-14-2001).]
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns