Author Topic: Sat TOD moving to Sunday for a tour....  (Read 1105 times)

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Sat TOD moving to Sunday for a tour....
« on: May 11, 2002, 08:59:32 AM »
We have decided to move the Saturday TOD to Sunday for a tour.  It seems that most of the folks that answered my unofficial poll would like to try it out on Sunday and see how it goes.  We have a few new squads who have signed up and hopefully attendance will be up this tour compared to the last one.

We are in the process now of getting the new guys (Grayarea and Bikekil)  up to speed and hope to start the next Euro-TOD sometime before the end of the month.  I am not real sure on the dates right now, but as soon as I get them I will pass them along to you.  It looks like Grayarea is going to run a Pacific setup this tour but I am unsure of the details.  I will ask him to pop in here and give you guys and girls a taste of what he is designing.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2002, 09:01:08 AM »
what time on Sunday?
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2002, 09:52:35 AM »
eh??? there goes the pacrim participants... :(

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2002, 10:19:13 AM »
Same time that it is currently held I believe.  I think that it starts at 3pm eastern US time.

Sorry about the time conflict with the Pac-rim guys FD.  I wish we could please everybody all the time, but its just impossible.  What times are good for the Pac-rim guys....maybe we can find a suitable compromise for the next go around.

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2002, 11:46:10 AM »
Originally posted by sling322
Sorry about the time conflict with the Pac-rim guys FD.  I wish we could please everybody all the time, but its just impossible.  What times are good for the Pac-rim guys....maybe we can find a suitable compromise for the next go around.

how about 5pm EST Saturday, it would be 7am Sunday in Japan, 10am Sunday in NewZealand, and 10pm Saturday in Great Britain, 11pm Saturday in Germany.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2002, 11:48:17 AM »
Sundays better for me anyway.

Swoop

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2002, 12:43:13 PM »
Originally posted by Swoop
Sundays better for me anyway.

would you be able to fly if it was like 11am Sunday (GMT) morning for you?

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2002, 12:44:40 PM »
11am?  getting up before 2pm on sunday just cant be done.....specially after staying up til 5am saturday morning for Friday TOD.

:D

Swoop

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2002, 12:50:31 PM »
Originally posted by Swoop
11am?  getting up before 2pm on sunday just cant be done.....specially after staying up til 5am saturday morning for Friday TOD.

ahhh.... so that's the reality... having another TOD on a saturday really bites then... I can see that... hmmm...

oh well... gotta think some more...

Offline Rompa

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2002, 12:43:42 PM »
I really cant understand why we are having two diffrent TODīs

The most logically thing would be to have the same TOD on two different times on Friday evening, the first (euro TOD) on 3:00 pm Estern time (21:00 CET) and the second (U.S. TOD) on 10:00 pm Estern time

(I would really like the euro TOD to move to Friday ;) )

It would not strain the CMīs that much if it was the same setup, and then maybe we could have a snapshoot on sat or sunday
« Last Edit: May 12, 2002, 04:14:36 PM by Rompa »

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2002, 08:33:16 PM »
Well, the Euro TOD not only benefits the Euro guys, but MANY other folks too. Moving it to Friday might effect attendance dramatically.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2002, 09:48:12 PM »
I'm in Sydney so a Sunday time slot only works if it converts to between 5 and 7 am (ie. 2 - 4pm Sunday EST).   Any later and I'm on the way to work (or should be)...

Offline Kronos

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2002, 11:45:41 PM »
Sundays not so good for me either.... 1500 EST makes it 9pm start over here....  That's about the time I usually hit the sack for work early monday morning.  How come the change anyway?

I'd hate to think that it was just to satisfy morons like TheFatz who made an bellybutton out of himself the last time in TOD, crying just because not enough of his squad attended.  

But thats just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2002, 11:48:30 PM by Kronos »

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2002, 12:50:24 AM »
The reason is that the last Saturday TOD was not well attended.  In Sling's poll to the CO's there was considerable interest in moving it to Sunday.

Now that we announce Sunday...we are hearing a similar amount of disappointment.:confused:

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2002, 01:58:48 AM »
well... this is a view from my side...

3pm EST (or 3pm EDT) is 5am Japan Standard Time (or 4am).  I will have to wake up about half an hour to an hour prior to the event... which will be time to milk the cows!  

I tried this for one Saturday TOD, waking up early on Sunday morning, kids would be waking up just about the time when the frame ends, but my brains would be too shot up even to say Good Morning. (not that I got shot down in the frame... although I did get shot down :D kinda tells you what kinda of mind I had while flying...)

Hence I took a break from the Saturday TOD for the last tour or so.

Would I want to do this on a Monday morning before work is something I would like to avoid.  I wish I could just sit there and get paid but reality says no...

Friday TOD is also a problem in some ways... it starts 1PM (or 12Noon) which is right smack in the middle of the day.  Kinda get canned at home for the whole Saturday.  (something my squad mates wanted to avoid for their Saturday for the Saturday TOD)

Of course, we can't please everyone.  There is absolutely no way.

So, what can we say from this all... to please everyone, we have to have three different time slots for TOD, one for US, one for Europe, and one for PACRIM.  Kinda want to volunteer to start one but... the commitment it takes... I have to consider.  Well, maybe I will consider this when AH 1.10 comes out with the Pacific Plane set.  It would be more of interest for the PACRIM players.

well... just my thoughts...