Author Topic: Tod Aar 5-11-02  (Read 424 times)

Offline Grinder

• Zinc Member
Tod Aar 5-11-02
« on: May 11, 2002, 01:28:52 PM »
TOD AAR 5-11-02
Rogue Squadron
Yukon
ME-109e4

Upped from a10 with usarmy in 109's and proceeded to climb to 18k and started patrol between a14 v50.
First enemy contact was made SSE a13 19k, bandits were 3 spitfires, we did not engage the spits.
Second enemy contact was made SE v50 bandits were multiple Huricane's, at least 5 , 4 of which were
co-alt with 1 possibly 5k higher than the rest. These bandits engaged us and a pitched battle began
in wich we were outnumbered at least 2-1. Shortly after the begining of the engagement I managed to
score hits on one hurri that caused black smoke to pour from engine. At this point usarmy and myself
were engaged purely defensive. The fight got closer to the deck I managed to get a few snapshot
hits on another Hurri with no visible damage. All the while I could hear my aircraft taking sporadic
.303 hits, no damage. At this point usarmy reports collision and is down. Smokin Hurri is still airborne
and offensive. I try to gain seperation from him and the other Hurri's taking pings all the while but sustaining no damage. Dux arrives on the scene relieving pressure on me I try to get turned arround to assist him in time to see the smokin Hurri has damaged his engine/oil and he is low on deck and soon down.
I try to dive for speed kinda panicked as I was surrounded by multiple cons. In my exitement I drive my 109
cleanly into the channel. Must learn to govern my emotions they are my undoing lol, but big fun and I am thrilled that RS is back on the TOD scene S! all.

yukon