Author Topic: A whine? The sneak attack  (Read 278 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
A whine? The sneak attack
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2002, 02:10:22 PM »
Skurj is right. I personally have done a couple of solo milkruns - ie fly a heavy 110, level the town, auger the 110, fly the goon in.

IE, one guy... yes ONE... can capture a base.

Shouldn't be that easy but it is.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2002, 02:16:03 PM »
what you seeing is the result of the "under dar request", people are just learning how to sneak attack, all sides do it, we will just have to adapt new tactics to counter sneak attacks.

the offense vs defense is not so black and white, last night the bish would take a base by sneak attack with the field undamaged and then up 15-20 fighters to "defend" the base from counter attack, the knights did not have superiour numbers and with so many knights tied up trying to "attack "the well 'defended' captured base the bish would just grab another one.

we will just have to adapt new tactics

44MAG

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2002, 05:18:45 PM »
I dont know what the deal is. Before you had bar dar screaming that there was enemy AC in the sector.. and with 1 or 2 bar dar blocks in an empty sector, its a no-brainer whats going on.

Then it got "fixed"... which actually means "replaced". Now the fields BLINK like a mofo anytime an enemy plane is near them (10..15 miles?). Which again, makes most NOE flying useless.

but i hear the capture system will change next version, so no use to get angst over how it is now.

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2002, 05:27:35 PM »
Originally posted by Tac
but i hear the capture system will change next version, so no use to get angst over how it is now.

really?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2002, 05:30:53 PM »
I can't agree that NOE is useless. We've been very successful doing NOE base captures. Even though the field and town flash they give no indication of the size of the inbound force like the bar does.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2002, 05:44:29 PM »
"really?"

werent they saying they were tying base capture to capturing some strat target that controlled the field (like a big city or something)? Dunno. Or maybe they were considering it. *shrug*

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2002, 05:52:51 PM »
Originally posted by Tac
"really?"

werent they saying they were tying base capture to capturing some strat target that controlled the field (like a big city or something)? Dunno. Or maybe they were considering it. *shrug*

oh yeah, now I remember, something about a sector capture thing where strat in the area comes into your control if you capture certain stuff in the area.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2002, 09:36:37 PM »
So far Tac the new capture model i believe only relates to capturing the facilities not the bases...

SKurj