Author Topic: Bush knew of Hijack threat before it happened  (Read 1615 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2002, 06:32:20 AM »
Just shows how desperate the Dems are in trying to drum up SOMETHING to attack this administration with as Enron didn't stick :rolleyes:

nothing but cut throat politics - at their worse ...  to bad the average dumacrat is too ignorant to see through the smoke and mirrors.

Hey Rip, the header for this post reads like something from MSNBC or our great CNN.
 Keep stirring :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Bush knew of Hijack threat before it happened
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2002, 07:47:17 AM »
Originally posted by Sikboy

So tell me Rip, exactly what type of spoon do you use to stir this pot anyhow?
;)

-Sikboy

Not a spoon and the pot is the Democratic party. I wanted opinions from the left, to see if they actually can cut thru the rhetoric bullship and see what their party is trying to do...basically "are you thick enough that you actually believe these people have a valid concern?"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Bush knew of Hijack threat before it happened
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2002, 07:49:33 AM »
Originally posted by Pongo

Is it generaly accepted yet that Roosevelt knew there was going to be an attack at pearl? It is certainly fairly widley held..

I believe it is generally accepted that Roosevelt knew the Japanese were going to attack the US, but where, what time was unknown, similiar to this event. ;)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2002, 08:07:35 AM »
Where is the press asking why Clinton did not prevent this?

MON DEC 14, 1998 04:09:22 UTC

TERROR THREATS HIT AMERICA

Osama bin Laden may be planning a strike on Washington or New York, TIME
    magazine is reporting in fresh editions. Just as, U.S. embassies in four
    Persian Gulf countries were warning Sunday night of a "strong possibility"
    that terrorists might attempt an attack against one or more U.S. targets in
    the region in the coming weeks.

According to reports, the U.S. government has obtained information
    indicating "a strong possibility that terrorist elements are planning an
    attack against U.S. targets in the gulf, possibly in the next 30 days."

The U.S. issued the warning on Sunday to Americans in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia,
    Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates. The warning was "unusually precise,"
    reports the NEW YORK TIMES on Monday. "And it was backed up by a show of
    particular concern." In Bahrain, headquarters of the U.S. Fifth Fleet,
    nearly 1,000 U.S. military personnel have been put under curfew and told not
    to gather in public places.

But the Laden scare also is being felt domestically, intelligence sources
    tell TIME they have evidence that bin Laden may be planning his boldest move
    yet--a strike on Washington or possibly New York City in an eye-for-an-eye
    retaliation. "We've hit his headquarters, now he hits ours," a State tells
    TIME.

No one has yet used the new "threats" in any argument against the pending
    impeachment.

Offline H. Godwineson

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2002, 08:27:42 AM »
I'd like to make several points about all this if I may:

1.  20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing!

2.  The world is a big place, filled with nations and groups that hate us and are potential threats to our security.

3.  The United States has business concerns operating in every country on the globe, even in those nations that do not have our best interests at heart.

4.  Our security and intelligence agencies have been spread increasingly thin over the last decade to protect those interests.

5.  While our military and intelligence agencies have had their missions expanded greatly during the last ten years, budgets to support their activities have not grown to keep pace with that expansion.  Indeed, their budgets have been slashed by the previous administration.

6.  U.S. intelligence agencies have their hands full keeping track of all the threats to our nation's securities.  Before September 11, Osama Ben Laden was just one of many potential threats.

7.  The number of intelligence reports that have to be analyzed to develop strategies to counter these threats must be staggering.  The analysis of this information to determine which of these threats is the most significant poses problems that are often insuperable.

8.  The report about the WTC attack currently under discussion pointed out a potential threat, but was not specific about the form that the threat might take.  It only mentions that Arab immigrants of questionable character were taking flying lessons under suspicious circumstances.  Nothing really new about this, after all, for Arab terrorists have been hi-jacking airliners for more than 30 years.

9.  The President, when notified of the potential threat, and without any specifics to determine the actual nature of the threat, notified the appropriate security agencies and put them on alert.

10.  When similar threats have arisen in the past, previous administrations have acted in exactly the same manner.

Now for the critics making snide remarks about the President's actions under these circumstances I would like to pose a question.

Had you been in the White House under similar circumstances, and without the benefit of 20/20 hindsight since 9/11, what would you have done differently to counter the threat?  Remember now, you must forget everything you have learned about the terrorists and their activities since the WTC was attacked.

Regards, Shuckins

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2002, 08:54:10 AM »
Shuckins, when you post an arguement rebuttal that well thought out, there's not a liberal on this board that will, or can respond. Silence is all you'll get.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2002, 09:07:20 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Shuckins, when you post an arguement rebuttal that well thought out, there's not a liberal on this board that will, or can respond. Silence is all you'll get.

LOL... Saying no one will respond is the stinkiest of all troll baits.

Just felt the uncontrollable need to say that....... Be kind as you reel me in please. :D :p

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2002, 09:11:23 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target

LOL... Saying no one will respond is the stinkiest of all troll baits.

Just felt the uncontrollable need to say that....... Be kind as you reel me in please. :D :p

Your post is the equivelent of silence in my eyes.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2002, 09:13:38 AM by Ripsnort »

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2002, 10:39:38 AM »
Here is what I have been seeing reported:

Democrats: "We need to investigate these reports and see what we could have missed / what we could have done differently / why we waited 8 months to share this info.

Republiclowns: How dare they act this way in time of war! How dare they question our poor President! How dare they attempt to make political capital out of this tragedy!

:cool:

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2002, 10:55:43 AM »

Democrats: "We need to investigate these reports and see what we could have missed / what we could have done differently / why we waited 8 months to share this info.

Republiclowns: How dare they act this way in time of war! How dare they question our poor President! How dare they attempt to make political capital out of this tragedy!

Why weren't the questions brought up in 1998?  Seems its politically motivated to bring it up now. :) And Lemmings like yourself give them the nod...thats pretty sad...says alot for you and your party.;)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2002, 10:59:34 AM »
What I see:

Democrats: "We're desperate, we live off "fear factor" to get votes, there are gullible people like Midnight out there, let's first organize with the press, then whine about a picture that no one would have even known it was taken on 9/11 if we didn't tell them, and then try to blame 9/11 on the White house's failure to warn the public, even  though box cutters were still legal to bring thru the terminals when the first warnings came out during the Clinton Administration.  We're deperate, do you blame us?

Republicans: "Clowns as usual"

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2002, 11:11:16 AM »
Now Dubya is stating that they had plans to strike Al Queda before September 11.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&u=/nm/20020517/ts_nm/attack_bush_dc_30

Right... Uh-huh... Okay...  :rolleyes:
sand

Offline majic

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2002, 11:22:24 AM »
c'mon Sandman, you don't think the CIA would have proposed a plan for taking out Al Qaeda?  They were a problem before 9-11.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2002, 11:22:46 AM »

MT my man, the democrat leadership is full of it on this.  I personaly saw tom damazinhunk,  dick gephardt and barbara boxer ask why this information was not given to the Senate.  Later in the day it comes out that they had the exact same briefing ast he president!!!!!!!  These people are playing political games when we are at war.  They are attacking the president at any hint of an opportunity.  They have been for the past 6 months.  It's treasonish and highly irresponsible of them to do this while we are at war, IMO ofcourse.

Tell me what good it does our nation to chip away at the President in a time of war?   They so effing shallow they make me want to puke :mad: :mad:

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2002, 11:29:15 AM »
Even you two (Sandman, TahGut) have to admit that the tone coming out of Washington has not been "Gee wally we should make sure nothing went wrong" There has been quite a bit of Venom coming out, and more than you would expect for something so simple. Perhaps the Demoscats are pissed off that they were kept out of the loop. Maybe the Republiclowns are being extra-jumpy trying to wring more political capitol out of Sept. 11th? Whatever the cause, I think these allegations of the DEMs (the allegation that the Bush Admin should have done something more than they did for those not keeping up) and the refutation of the GOPs are much more politicised than they need to be.

In my perfect Intro To American Government world:

Demoscats:We need to investigate what went wrong
Republowclowns:That's a good idea. We have nothing to hide

I know, I know, fantasy land. If nothing else, that's how I'm handling the situation lol.

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.