Author Topic: Full Warp Ahead Mr. Drunky  (Read 413 times)

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Full Warp Ahead Mr. Drunky
« on: May 17, 2002, 10:50:03 PM »
COMMUNIQUE BEGIN

All,

TOD is great....it's what gives me the patience to handle the day to day crap that is existant in everything.

It's the warp factor that is really pissing me off lately :mad:

I don't mind getting killed...I do it often, but then again I usually kill often also.

What I don't like is when I have a Hurri within 350, check six and then start squeezing.....and BOOM....you are f*cking dead :mad:

I check six as often as a crack potato checks his crack...my wife even made fun of me because i physically jumped when I heard rounds from behind me one time...(of course I lived that because I could check six and lo and behold I did have someone ON MY SIX not some phantom ghost who had already been there)

Is the SEA not getting the bandwidth it needs?   I don't have these warps in the Combat Theatre (yes I don't play the MA anymore...why would I want to?)

I love the "one death" play of TOD (it gives the sortie a sense of sincerity and finality) but if the warps do not stop then you will find one less player in this arena.  Why play in a "one death" arena when your "one" death is more determinate on the warping than on your skill.

I enjoy playing AH and Combat Theatre on a fairly regular basis.  I really do enjoy playing the CT (no consistenly noticeble warp) but I have to admit that my big love is the TOD...I view the CT as a vehicle to hone my skills for the TOD...and as I mentioned before I don't fly the MA.

Simply put...if the warp in the TOD isn't rectified then I'm feeling that I don't have a need to play AH anymore...it's just to damn frustrating.

Oh yeah...frustrating....HOW ABOUT A FREAKING WARNING ABOUT BAD LANGUAGE INSTEAD OF AN IMMEDIATE SQUELCH...I SEEM TO RECALL A WARNING DURING THE BETA DAYS.

If not...oh well....I'm drunk anyway but I don't forget these days.

Mssr. Drunky

COMMUNIQUE END
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2002, 11:40:01 PM »
I found out a con can get on you soooo fast in the TOD it is not funny!  If one of our section would not of spotted a 109 above us, I would of been dead meat!

In the furball seen no warping, but during the formation flying i seen alittle.

Sorry Drunky!  Warp can be a real PITA!!
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2002, 06:14:12 PM »
Good place to rant. Here on the BB. :)

Well no doubt the SEA needs more room. Right now we can only hold 250 max. I don't often hear of Warping problems in the SEA.

I have had several conversations with Pyro about upping the capacity of the SEA and they have been working on that problem for quite a while. The issue has been with some other companys and the fact they don't see "eye to eye" on the costs of making that kind of change. Nevertheless he told us for our next Scenario we can expect to be able to host 450 so lets cross our fingers.

Hope those warps don't cause you problems in the future.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure