Author Topic: Friendly Reminder to all TOD pilots  (Read 508 times)

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Friendly Reminder to all TOD pilots
« on: May 18, 2002, 08:12:24 AM »
Ok folks.....we seem to be having some problems with folks not making sure they are showing in the roster as a member of a valid TOD squad.  Keep in mind that for scoring reasons and for crowd control we need to make sure that everyone in the roster shows up in a squad....if you dont, you will be booted.  

Warnings are broadcast by the controlling CM so you get plenty of chances and reminders.  If you dont listen and check for yourself to see if you are an offending party, there is nothing we can do for you.  

Most of the time, the CMs are so busy getting everything else set up and making sure that all the ducks are in a row that it is impossible to hold everyone's hand on a 1 to 1 basis and make sure that everyone knows where they should be.  

Please take some initiative upon yourselves....especially you COs.  Make sure that all your guys get an invite and make sure that they relog to let the screen update them so that they show up as being in a squad on the roster.  Keep in mind also that you no longer have to maintain your roster on the TOD HQ page, so making sure you have all your guys invited in the game should be a lot easier to handle.  We shouldn't have to put on the boot and start kicking.  :)  

If you guys would help us out by doing this one small thing it would make things run much smoother.  I know its a hell of a lot easier to make sure things are set up correctly if I dont have to worry about making sure all the gate crashers are gone before we roll.

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2002, 08:17:01 AM »
The DAMNED had 4 new Pilots / Guest show up - all were added to the TOD Squad and re-logged as requested before take off time.

GOOD JOB CM's !

Mike "DmdJordi" Bowman
DAMNED TOD CO
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline ~Pyroman~

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nightmares.org
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2002, 08:49:15 AM »
My Turn,

Let me start off by saying thanks Jordi for doing that.  It made my job so much easier and I really appreciate it.  I apologize for spamming so much to you about it.  

Now I know I made alot of people upset last night when I booted your squad mates.  Two things I would like to point out regarding that issue.

1.  I probably left 8-9 posts telling you CO's to make sure your guys are signed up and after they are signed up they leave and come back.  That didn't happen so I had no choice but to remove them.  I also stated that if people didn't have squad tags they would be removed at 11pm EST.  No excuses guys you had all week to get them signed.  No reason to wait till the last minute.  This leads me to point two.

2.  When I did remove them I got the 3rd degree from you and some of your squad mates.  The TOD is no place for that the boards are.  I didn't appreciate it when I'm trying to keep up with text chat AND deal with your complaints at the same time.  

Just remember guys rules are made for a reason.  I wasn't on some power trip last night looking to try out the eject option.  To be honest one of my own squad mates showed up last night without a tag and I told my CO that if he didn't have a tag by 11pm EST I would have to boot him.  So I wasn't picking favorites either.

I'm not chewing anyone out so please don't take offense to this post please.  :)

I just wanted to explain why I did what I did.  

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2002, 09:20:11 AM »
Sounds to me like he's being pretty light on you guys. Cut him some slack or I'll come back out of retirement!

You all know what its like when I put on my CM hat and start chewing.

I boot first and ask questions later.

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2002, 09:45:48 AM »
Originally posted by ~Pyroman~
My Turn,

Let me start off by saying thanks Jordi for doing that.  It made my job so much easier and I really appreciate it.  I apologize for spamming so much to you about it.  

NP here - I had to spam my new guys to get the job DONE !

Glad to be of help in a minor sort of way.

Mike "DmdJordi" Bowman
DAMNED TOD CO
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline ~Pyroman~

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nightmares.org
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2002, 10:33:55 AM »
Well it was a tremendous help and I appreciate it. :)