Author Topic: How to increase Revenue in A/H  (Read 623 times)

Offline Curly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
How to increase Revenue in A/H
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2001, 08:43:00 AM »
"Well, put it this way Jerry.  There are at least two 5 year olds who fly Aces High and get kills in it."

<waves>  Who's the other? !

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2001, 08:51:00 AM »

Originally posted by Buzzbait:
S! all

Someone made mention that RED BARON only has a handful of players now.  Wrong.

That was me Buzz, and this was a little over a year ago that I quit flying RB. Not because the corporate FMs were crap, but because of a host of other reasons. Back then the servers were never populated, even ones running player created FMs. The problem with that was the security had to be disabled. How do you know the guy you were up against had the same FM as you? After the 3rd "Great War" I gave up. I had no question in my mind that some of the german flyers I went up against were not using the proper FM, but were using the corporate FM. The Great War FMs had somewhat nullified the endless looping of the Albatros series when they were damaged, but several of them that I damaged would loop endlessly and I was unable to do anything about it. Yet others couldn't do the same, yet they were flying the same plane and had the same damage applied to them from my guns. Without the security enabled on the servers and with the known problems of "Oh I forgot to load the correct FM", RB3D quickly lost it, atleast for me. I gave my CD to a squaddie who still participates in it, but back when I quit there were maybe 10 or 15 guys on a server during peak times. Maybe since then more people have joined in since RB3D's cost went down to 9.95$ in store retail boxes.

Anyway, that wasn't the point to my argument against a 2 sided war.
-SW

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2001, 09:19:00 AM »
Forget all that, just charge $2.00 an hour  

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Trip01

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2001, 10:28:00 AM »
The best way for AH to generate more revenue is to organise a continued delay to the launch of AW4.

Which by the way is due in '2 weeks', so that shouldnt be a problem.

There are now more AWers I know playing AH than playing AW and some of us have been playing AW for 5 or 6 years.

Trip