Author Topic: Does that wingman need a bath?  (Read 568 times)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Does that wingman need a bath?
« on: December 16, 2001, 01:46:00 PM »
Wingman Bath

I know several of you fly with cats around, here's a way to knock the smell down.  ;)

Offline Chaos68

• Silver Member
      • http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2001, 02:17:00 PM »
isnt that the only way to wash them?  :D

Offline Exile

• Gold Member
      • http://www.simladder.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2001, 02:19:00 PM »
hehe ... not a chance

Try giving my cat a bath. If you come away without needing stitches, I'll give ya $100.  ;)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2001, 02:25:00 PM »
Give me a frog gig and I'll take that bet.  :)

Offline Chaos68

• Silver Member
      • http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2001, 02:49:00 PM »
our cats love getting wet. they always get in the shower with my girlfriend and i if we are taking a shower.

they also like drinking out of the sink while the water is running. ?odd cats?

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2001, 03:35:00 PM »
?odd cats?

I think that's a bit redundant don't you?   ;)

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: Soulyss ]
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2001, 05:02:00 PM »
Fuzzballs Quandry

On occasion, my ex will drop off the Westie.. (looks like this)

..which happens to take a dim view of cats in general; and in my new cat Fuzzball.. (looks like this)

..in particular; since Fuzz rode the Westie around like a cheap potato on the last visit.

Anyway; I'm taking a hot shower when the Fuzz, in retreat from the westies reprisal raid for some transgression is chased into the bathroom... and onto the side of the tub outside the shower curtain. I've got my back to the shower head; blocking off the shower stream when thru the curtain comes Fuzz... with the Westie in hot pursuit.

Now, I gotta mention at this point that as the years go by; the sack seems to hang a lil lower. Probably not a detail that seems important to most folks; but right then and there that lil detail suddenly became a BIG factor in my mind.

Anyway; I now have a cat and a dog and my sack in close proximity; with a shower stream beating on my back and I realize that my life experience to this point has not been particularly condusive in successful solutions to cat/dog disagreement negotiations conducted by naked humans..

Fuzzballs Quandry: "..there's a lot of water in here, that stupid lil dog is in here and a big bald monkey thats staring at me like I got a knife, a habit and no future.."

The Westies Quanndry: ".. I got that nasty lil cat ailen critter cornered, and NOW I'm gonna settle the score.. BTW; ain't this the place I get a BATH.. I hate baths... "

The Bald Monkeys Quandry: "... if I mess this up; my gongs are gonna be filleted."

For one long second the three of us freeze; then we all explode into action silmultaneously.

I turn and reach for the shower controls and the jewels; which unblocks the shower stream..

The cat dashes between the far side of the tub and my leg (not UP thank god) avoiding as if by magic the entire stream of unblocked water ..

The dog starts to apply motive power in pursuit of the cat; fails utterly to get any traction at all and falls flat on her face..

..and catches the full force of the shower stream for the instant it takes me to turn of the shower.

Results... one wet very pissed off dog; one relieved bald monkey and one fast smug cat now perched on top of the refrigerator in the kitchen.

I'm happy to report my sack came through the entire affair unscathed; though it was about a half hour before my voice returned to its normal baritone.

Moral.. don't leave the bathroom door open when I take a shower, OR; a low sack; a cat on smack and a dog with a death wish is not the essence of a kewl a party scenario.

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: Hangtime ]
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Oosik

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2001, 05:39:00 PM »
LOL Hang - You have to keep them cats out of the bathroom <S> to Fuzz

0osik

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2001, 05:40:00 PM »
ROTFLMAO Hang! Good one...lol  :D :D :D

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2001, 06:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by Chaos68:
our cats love getting wet. they always get in the shower with my girlfriend and i if we are taking a shower.

they also like drinking out of the sink while the water is running. ?odd cats?

mine too. she loves water.

Offline Durr

• Copper Member
      • http://us.geocities.com/ghostrider305
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2001, 06:57:00 PM »
Now we know how hang got his name!  :)

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2001, 06:58:00 PM »
LOL

Old cat don't like water.  We got 5 inchesof snow last night.  Threw the kittens (3 months old now) out there, they kinda walked, checked feet, walked, checked feet and played around in it.  Threw the 1 year old out there and he ran back inside.  7 year old clung to the doortrim and didnt go  :)

Mind you these are indoor cats!

Offline FlyingDuckSittingSwan

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2001, 07:21:00 PM »
I like cats. People often dismiss them as thick in the head, cos of dogs being able to guide blinds or use an ATM (I saw it on telly). But if you treat a cat like an intelligent animal, it'll surprise you. I have a cat who tries to talk. If she had better formed vocal cords I'm sure she could. They are clever you know why? Cos they know we use sounds more then they do and sight, so they adapt to our way of thinking and our senses. For example..a cat will know you are in the other room by smelling you, but they know you can't smell them, so they make themselves heard or seen. They are cleverer then us, cos they adapt for us!

Also, they smell less (or not at all in some cases) then dogs.  ;)

Offline Durr

• Copper Member
      • http://us.geocities.com/ghostrider305
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2001, 08:12:00 PM »
If you think they smell less than dogs, than you have never had a tomcat that still has all his equipment in working order.  They piss everywhere! Territorry marking I guess. And let me tell you something, tomcat piss is one of the most horrible smells on the face of God's green earth.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2001, 08:15:00 PM »
Hug your cat after she wanders out of that little sandbox....peeeuuuuuu

'Course I feed mine chili   :D