Author Topic: Mitsu sound difficulty  (Read 523 times)

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
Mitsu sound difficulty
« on: May 20, 2002, 08:11:56 PM »
Hi everyone...

First let me say thanks to Mitsu, for his AWESOME sounds. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but here it is from my previous post:

I recently installed a Philips Acoustic Edge 5.1 (PSC706) Sound Card. I've been using custom sounds for about a year and a half now without problems. Ever since the sound card installation, I am missing the "doppler" effect in outside views and I can only hear sounds at certain viewing positions. For example when I drive an M3, I can't hear the gun when firing directly straight forward. But when I rotate the gun, the sound slowly increases to a point where it is maximum. Another example is when flying a zero, the machine guns sound piddly, however when I use the view front and left I hear a loud pounding machine gun. When I fly any plane, the main problem is the sound ramps up. When I say that I mean immediately upon pressing the trigger the sound is weak, but in a matter of a second or so it increases to full volume and sustains it till you are done firing. Any suggestions on fixing this? or any settings changes that are needed? I just reformatted my HD and installed Windows XP and I am still having the same problem as before the reinstall, thanks.

Jason
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline Bonden

• Nickel Member
Mitsu sound difficulty
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2002, 08:58:02 PM »
Try going to setup, multimedia and reducing your sound quality a notch or two - worked for me.............

Luck

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
Mitsu sound difficulty
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2002, 08:04:16 AM »
I don't know if anyone else has the Philips Acoustic Edge, but I'm still having trouble figuring everything out. From what I understand even games with 3D Gamer sound only utilize a 4.0 speaker setup. So I use the receiver to direct the sound to my center, etc. Does anyone have any advice on setting up the sound card so that I get the doppler effect? thanks.

Jason
AKSpnDoc

Offline Bonden

• Nickel Member
Mitsu sound difficulty
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2002, 10:44:07 AM »
Try going to setup, multimedia and reducing your sound quality a notch or two - worked for me.............

Luck

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
Mitsu sound difficulty
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2002, 07:14:00 PM »
Hey Bonden,

Thanks for response, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. I have XP and can't find the screen with the quality settings (I know which one you are referring to though). Do you know where to find it? I looked under Sounds (couldn't find a multimedia folder) and couldn't find the quality controls.

Jason
AKSpnDoc

Offline Bonden

• Nickel Member
Mitsu sound difficulty
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2002, 11:18:20 PM »
I have win 98 - Its in settings, control panel, multi-media, audio, advanced properties. Mine is set to 1 level above lowest....

Luck

Bonden