Author Topic: Wanna Know Why We're All Here?  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
Wanna Know Why We're All Here?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2001, 07:01:00 AM »

Originally posted by llbm_MOL:
I MISS The Nightstalker! Wish they showed re-runs of it!

LLB OUT!!!!!!!!

Remember how SCARRY it was when the intro music started. Oooo.   I loved that show.

I really liked Ku Fu. My mom had to keep me away from the big pot of boiling stew on the stove. I kept trying to lift it with my bare forearms. Only in the winter of course so you can run out and throw you arms in the snow. LOL! Really I loved trying to walk to around in the sand and not leave foot prints like he did on the rice paper. LOL!

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2001, 07:02:00 AM »
Anybody else remember 12 o'clock High (a Quinn Martin production)?  Not the movie, the TV series.

That's what bit me way back when.

Who used to watch the Johnny Quest cartoon?
Remember when Race Bannon had to duel that crazy German Baron von Fruelich in his WWI planes?

How about Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea?

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2001, 07:05:00 AM »

Originally posted by mrfish:
i have a green pleather couch that belonged to one of ramirez' victims - no kidding - it is getting ratty but i keep it for morbid reasons

Wild. Where did you get that mrfish.

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2001, 07:14:00 AM »
Great story Hangtime. I'm sure your uncle accomplished exactly what he wanted to. He loved planes and he saw that you liked them to. After that air show you were hooked for good.   I went to some air shows as a kid but what started my interest was models and the movies Battle of Britain, TORA, TORA, TORA, and Midway. Then the TV show Baa Baa Black sheep. There really wasn't anyone in my family that was into planes at all.

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2001, 07:27:00 AM »

Originally posted by oboe:
Anybody else remember 12 o'clock High (a Quinn Martin production)?  Not the movie, the TV series.

That's what bit me way back when.

Who used to watch the Johnny Quest cartoon?
Remember when Race Bannon had to duel that crazy German Baron von Fruelich in his WWI planes?

How about Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea?

I don't remember 12'oclock high. Some of these shows are starting to be before my time.   I do remember Johnny Quest. I forgot to put that in the list. That was one of my favorites. They came out with a new version about 10 years ago that was actually very good and kept the feel of the original. I was very surprised because the original was pretty violent by todays standards. I don't know when Johnny Quest came out. It my have been in reruns in the late 60's and early 70's when I watched it. I miss the original Bugs Bunny cartoons with all of the original violence. There so chopped up now they don't really make sense. I watched a show that interviewed some of the original cartoonists and Mel Blank of course. They said that they really made the cartoons to entertain themselves'. They were for adults. If I remember right I read some place that the Flintstones and I think the Jetsons came out in prime time at first. They were the Simpson's of the 60's.

[This message has been edited by Jimdandy (edited 02-09-2001).]

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2001, 07:40:00 AM »
Let me add to da list. Sorry if I duplicate some. Some of my favorites from back then:

The Green Hornet
Daniel Boone
The Big Valley
Get Smart
High Chaparral
The Addams Family
I Dream of Jeannie
The Avengers
Bewitched
Lost in Space
Petticoat Junction
Dark Shadows
Gilligan's Island

Man, this takes me back  

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2001, 07:58:00 AM »
 What a great topic.  <S> Ice, you're so right.

-Westy

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2001, 07:58:00 AM »
Oh man Get Smart. That was the greatest! High Chaparral, I Dream of Jeannie (oh man I want one of those bottles     ), Daniel Boone he was my hero. Like I said I got to shake hands with Fess Parker. We were in a rodeo arena in Eugene Oregon. There were 50 kids mashing each other against the hand rail trying to see him and shake his hand. He was on the back of a horse and he made it look small. He rode straight over to me and shook my hand. None of the other kids just me. Then he rode way. I felt like that kid on the movie Shane.    

[This message has been edited by Jimdandy (edited 02-09-2001).]

Ice

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2001, 09:48:00 AM »
Kinda funny how we can spend our youth wantin to be older, then once there, wish we were young.

Just like losing our health trying to make money, then when we've made the money, we spend it trying to save our health.

Crazy trip, but a good one at that!

Salute to all of you!

Ice

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2001, 09:54:00 AM »
The Green Hornet~~LOVED this program, couldn't get enough!

Daniel Boone~~So-so
The Big Valley~~Great Western..I now own property where parts of The Big Valley was filmed!~
Get Smart~~So stupid it was funny.
High Chaparral~~Bored me.
The Addams Family~~So studid it was funny.
I Dream of Jeannie~~Worshiped B.E. and wrote letters to her!
The Avengers~~Boring English, great looking lead lady!
Bewitched~~Another "Samantha Fan"..in love with her too!
Lost in Space~~Loved it!  
Petticoat Junction~~Slap stick comedy
Dark Shadows~~My introduction (and departure) from daytime soap opera's with a twist of horror!
Gilligan's Island~~Mindless comedy good for eating a big bowl of cereal after school!

Anyone remember seeing the Beatles or Elvis live on the Ed Sullivan show?  Watched the Rolling stones as well, had two older sisters crazy about the above.

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 02-09-2001).]

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2001, 10:02:00 AM »
thanks for the flashback Ice  

Johny Quest, Combat, McKale's Navy, Rat Patrol ....

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline BaneX

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2001, 10:15:00 AM »
Great topic Ice   Haven't seen anyone mention The Outer Limits...

"Do not try to adjust your set.. "

Have to say though I'm still a kid. I get up every saturday and watch the cartoons with them and probably enjoy them more than they do.   For those of us old enough to remember some of those older cartoons some cable companies have a channel called Boomerang which show a few of them. Like Quick Draw McGraw, Yogi Bear, Penelope pitstop and so on.

Battlestar Galactica was the coolest and I always thought the young blond on Bonanza was pretty hot  

Remember when my mom took me to the naval base to get my dad when he finally got back from Vietnam... He would drive me arond on his Norton motorcycle or His 65 Mustang which he painted at least 5 times lol.

Anyone remember those Shogun Warrior toys? I had one that would shoot missles from his fingers and there was one the would shoot something from the stomach. My little sister was terrified of the thing and I'd spend hours chasin her around the house with it.

Man those were the days.

Bane
13th TAS

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2001, 10:21:00 AM »
Flash, Dale, and Ming the Merciless  
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Paxil

• Copper Member
      • http://marathontoathens.blogspot.com
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2001, 10:26:00 AM »
Very nice piece of work ICE... very nice indeed. <S>

Offline MrBill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2001, 10:29:00 AM »
GOSH!!!  Leave it to Beaver, My Three Sons, The Donna Reed Show, My Little Margie, The NFL in Black And White, Friday Night Fights, Family Ties and Barney Miller, The Twilight Zone and One Step Beyond, Have Gun Will Travel and Bat Masterson.
  A sad day when the academy award winner for best picture is a remake of a 50's "B" movie so weak it was not even a Feature film (It was better the first time around also).
  As a side note Dale Evens died yesterday, Happy trails to you Dale.

------------------
OhNooo
smile awhile

[This message has been edited by MrBill (edited 02-09-2001).]

[This message has been edited by MrBill (edited 02-09-2001).]
We do not stop playing because we grow old
We grow old because we stop playing