Author Topic: RACEWAY!!!!!!!!  (Read 656 times)

Offline MiG Eater

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.avphoto.com
RACEWAY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2001, 04:45:00 PM »
Wicked, how'd you get in Vlado's P-51?

MiG

Offline Mars

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.screaminmeanies.com
RACEWAY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2001, 08:35:00 PM »
I'd fly the RR powered 51 or maybe one of those late war F4's with the 3000+ H.P 4 row   Maybe we could incorporate NO2 injection? Hehe!
         BTW..any other squads going to Reno in Sept??
"NO!!......NO!!!!..I WON'T eat it!!"
                    -Christopher Walken in "Mouse Hunt"-

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
RACEWAY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2001, 11:09:00 PM »
Definately a F2G-1. Gimme.

------------------
Neeeeeigh.
 -- Bessy

Fire from the bowels, Nomads own the latrines
 www.33rd.org

Offline Wicked

• Zinc Member
RACEWAY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2001, 04:37:00 PM »
MiG Eater,

Glad you asked.  

As you can tell from my sig, I am a member of the WB/AH 352nd FG.  All members of our group are real life members of the Official Friends of the 352nd Fighter Group Assosiation.

Last September, many of us attended the final real 352nd FG reunion held in Richmond, Virginia.  It was held at the Virginia Air National Guard(VANG) and they flew in Vlado's Moonbeam McSwine as well as Kentucky Babe.  They even painted up one of their F-16s as Cripes A'Mighty.

Vlado was letting people take a seat in his plane all morning.  Just before I was going to take my turn, along came a photo crew and took over the plane to take some staged shots with a guy dressed in vintage attire.  After waiting about an hour or so to finish, everybody else had lost interest and left.  Vlado was nearby talking to a group of people and I asked if my squadie BBGun and I could have a seat and he said sure and nodded towards his plane.  We spent about 45 minutes crawling all over her by ourselves.  Vlado even left the keys in the ignition.  Boy was I tempted!  

You can take a gander at some pix I took while at the reunion HERE

I also have a litte piece of Quicktime Video I shot while inside the cockpit.  You can view it HERE

------------------
1st Lt. Wicked
XO,487th FS "Lil' Bastards"
352nd FG "Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney"
352ndfightergroup.com

[This message has been edited by Wicked (edited 02-10-2001).]

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
RACEWAY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2001, 09:10:00 PM »
Snafu, thats a pix of Lyle Shelton's "Rare Bear" right?

He used to play Aces High in the Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group if I recall correctly.

Would love to get in the pits near that beast.  

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
      • Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group
RACEWAY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2001, 10:32:00 PM »
Yeppers ..thats Lyles Grumman F8F WWII era Bearcat "#77 Rare Bear". Lyle Shelton is a Lifetime Dickweed Member and since you wanted to get in the pits near that beast...here it is. The Bear did not fly in 2000 but I personaly took these at Reno in 1999 in Lyles Pit and hanger! It's one of the finest racing machines in the WORLD!!!

This picture was taken from the rear veiw of Papafox's P-51 of Rarebear and --th-- (me) in formation landing after an airshow practice in WarBirds. Airshow smoke and Acrobatics are really a hoot! I know its on HiTech's down range list so someday we well have fun doing our routines again!

This picture was taken from the rear veiw of Papafox's P-51 of Rarebear and --th-- (me) in precision formation roll--smoke on!

Lyle is still one of the best "damn" pilots alive!

Thunder
Aces High DickweedHBG: www.dickweedhbg.com

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
RACEWAY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2001, 10:36:00 PM »
BTW .. if you want to check out more on the "BEAR" click on  http://www.rarebear.com

Thunder

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
RACEWAY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2001, 10:40:00 PM »
NUTTZ,

I would like to learn more about our Air Racing format. Lets hook up private.. It
would be worth your time.

Thunder

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
RACEWAY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2001, 01:32:00 PM »
I have no email at the moment, what you need? I was going to release the map for H2H tonight. IMO, the map i made really focuses on the pilot, NOT the plane. I tried to add an assortment of obsticles, that will allow each plane to have an equal advantange... example: there a few straight ways where the fast planes will shine,theres a slalom where the turners will shine, theres a madatory forced turning climb where the F4 and LW will shine. Hopefully i will finish this and open it up tonight .

NUTTZ

NUTTZ

Originally posted by Thunder:
NUTTZ,

I would like to learn more about our Air Racing format. Lets hook up private.. It
would be worth your time.

Thunder

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
RACEWAY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2001, 02:56:00 PM »
There are some real life Reno Air Racers that might like to have a try at it. It may be a fun thing for all. Contact me at

thunder@13thtas.com

Thunder

[This message has been edited by Thunder (edited 02-11-2001).]