Author Topic: Blatently Ignored  (Read 574 times)

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2002, 11:07:46 AM »
DjV,

read the post by Creamo.  There's your unemployed ref.

Mush,

dude, come fly in the MA, plenty of other Brits around will talk to ya....cant speak for these yanks though.  :D

Swoop

P.S.  yeah, HTC will sort out the currency conversion, they only take the equiv sterling to dollars....ya wont be paying 15 quid a month while these damn Yanks pay 15 dollars.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2002, 11:10:10 AM by Swoop »

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2002, 11:17:45 AM »
Ah.. thanks swoop... such is the price of ignoring most of creamo's posts.

Then again.. it hardly translates to "everyone" now does it?

AKDejaVu

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2002, 11:20:46 AM »
Aye, very true.  Plenty of peeps ignore Creamo, personally I read most of his, just looking for the opportunity to remind him of the running-for-ack-from-28k-in-a-dora incident.....oops, there I go again.

Swoop
« Last Edit: May 27, 2002, 11:35:43 AM by Swoop »

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2002, 12:13:31 PM »
Listen to you old hens pecking away and having a creamo fan club discussion. I can't recal you paying your May dues however...? (Animal, could you check into that?)

I'll have to update the Newsletter how Poop is still crying about Dora's and gameplay incidents no one else would care or notice let alone obsess over month after month. That I did anything even unintentional that consumes and bothers you is nice.

However, this Dega is now so clever thing, so much so to be broadcasting his ignoring me is a bit unnerving. Man, your starting to sound like DRippy moaning and squelching the Effenwolf fellow after recieving  a bbs beating of wits and i haven't even said anything to you, yet.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2002, 01:07:04 PM »
Bothers?  

lol

Mate, you running for ack from 28,000ft was the funniest thing that I've seen in the MA.....er......ever!  Made me laugh even more than the time SATAN666 told me (on ch 2) that he was coming to kill me.  :D

Swoop

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2002, 01:13:23 PM »
Is it just me or do other people feel like if you havent been a member since day 1 then you get ignored, I wanted to join full time but I cant at the minute(Financial probs) so I have been playing in H2H and I try to talk to people to see whats happening and never get any response,Soory to moan just wanted to see If I was right

well if you want to talk to people in the hth you have to find the right rooms (try bwidows,roscoroos,elimaxxes,wingnuts) these rooms are the best ones and you can normally get a good convo going (not much use trying to see hwats going on these places are ffa) and i have only been playing for 4 or 5 months and im not ignored

Offline Face

• Zinc Member
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2002, 01:27:00 PM »
Dont feel bad Mush, i do what i can to assist, alert etc.  i've played my two weeks and am own by ah for at least another 2 months.  

I have awards mounted all over my cockpit for being ignored:)

I Agree it gets Damn Frustrating, especially when you've been trying to defend a base and constantly asking for help and na da.
but when its captured by enemy, whoa watch them come runing.

I am quickly learning to ignore the map and whatever anyone is doing and just fly and play my own game.

if your Knight come fly with me and maybe we can learn:)

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2002, 01:53:27 PM »
Good point.Not everyone plays this game with the same goals and thats great.Its what diversifies the game.Theres damn near something for everyone.Some want the strat game and some just want to fly solo or with a few friends knocking down fighters,bombing runs or whatever there heart desires.Were never going to all agree on what needs done.Some could care less about resets.Some are fanatical about it.  Your best bet on questions is to print out the game commands.It explains alot and you can check it while flying.Ive never been in H2H so I cant say anything about that.I do know the training arena is usualy good for getting info.
Hang in there and enjoy the game on YOUR terms.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
Re: Webster
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2002, 05:48:40 PM »
Originally posted by BotaBing
The only thing blatenly ingored here is the dictionary.

Don't you mean "blatantly"?     :p

Offline Bluedog

• Silver Member
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2002, 08:36:03 PM »
Originally posted by Hortlund

!!!

A pack of cigarettes costs $7.50 in Australia?? WOW :eek:

Well, more actually, about $8.50~$9.00 depending on brand...rude isnt it?

Thats Aussie dollars though, equates to roughly half in $US, so three or four bucks US a pack.
They have increased in price nearly tenfold over the last ten years, I used to buy a pack of 30s for $1.50 10 years ago.
I think the idea is to make them so ludicrously expensive that no one buys them, thereby improving the overall health of the whole nation.....or somethin' like that
Smoking is flat out banned in a lot of places here, public buildings etc, resteraunts, even some bars.
If there is a single smoker in Australia in 20 years time, i will be very suprised.

So, maybe i exagerated a little bit, but you get what i mean....it doesnt take a hell of a lot of sacrafice to come up with US$15/month....the 'couple of packs of studmuffins a month less' was how I justified the subscription price to myself....and that was at $30/month.

Blue
« Last Edit: May 27, 2002, 08:41:40 PM by Bluedog »

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2002, 08:42:38 PM »
lol +) thats not a bad price at all

In some areas of the US and Canada they cost abit more than $3-4 +)

SKurj

Offline Mushkin1uk

• Copper Member
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2002, 03:02:04 AM »
A couple of days after I first posted this'Moan' I went to H2H and joind wingnuts game (No vaulching, which was nice) And me and him were siting In the Tower for about 40 Mins talking, How ironic.:D So thanks wingnut;)

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2002, 08:43:50 AM »
me and him were siting In the Tower for about 40 Mins talking

Sounds like u two are in luuuuuuv :D, noone spends 40 mins using AH as an chat line ;)
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline SPIKER

• Copper Member
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2002, 09:36:40 PM »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Mush, no disrespect, but people don't have time to 'yak, yak, yak' when they're playing the game. Simple questions like 'What's up at A21' might get you an answer but 'How do I land on a Carrier? Or 'How do I take off with a Ardo?' don't have easy answers.
AH has very good instructions on it's Web Page on how to do all of this plus a Training Arena where you can ask any question you want.
It's really not the responsibality of the players to show you how to play the game if you first don't take the time to first try to learn it yourself.
AH is a very complicated sim. Too complicated to explain on a text buffer.
Read all you can offline and 95% of your questions will get answered.
Good luck in AH.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been on for a month, and have found good information from  pilots that are engaged and pilots just enjoying the clouds going by.  Getting the time of day on a busy street may not be easy at times, so don't let not getting communication stop u from enjoying a good game.  The AH is as close to flight curve as u can get, it was hard for me and I am a pilot.  So keek back reed some keybord commands.  Because if u dont, I'll enjoy that easy kill.

ck 6
  spiker

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2002, 10:31:49 PM »
IMO this is simply a result of having so many players period.
If you want cozy and familiarity with everyone in the arena.. you need to be part of a very small group.  Probably not gonna happen with such a large crowd.

I don't think people mean to ignore you (or anyone) but due the the large numbers, and the sometimes very fast scrolling of the text buffer (again due to sheer numbers) that sometimes things get lost.  Also with numbers there are more people actually busy dogfighting,etc.. as opposed to flying around on 'cruise' looking for a fight.

I doubt seriously if anyone it's due to "not being here since day one".