Author Topic: Blatently Ignored  (Read 573 times)

Offline Mushkin1uk

• Copper Member
Blatently Ignored
« on: May 25, 2002, 05:08:37 PM »
Is it just me or do other people feel like if you havent been a member since day 1 then you get ignored, I wanted to join full time but I cant at the minute(Financial probs) so I have been playing in H2H and I try to talk to people to see whats happening and never get any response:mad:,Soory to moan just wanted to see If I was right
« Last Edit: May 25, 2002, 05:17:15 PM by Mushkin1uk »

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2002, 05:14:56 PM »
Did someone say something? :confused:
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: Blatently Ignored
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2002, 05:16:19 PM »
Originally posted by Mushkin1uk
Is it just me or do other people feel like if you havent been a member since day 1 then you get ignored, I wanted to join full time but I cant at the minuite so I have been playing in H2H and I try to talk to people to see whats happening and never get any response:mad:
Well, I haven't been playing since Day 1 by any means.... only just over a year.  However, I am sure you will find we are much more approachable once you start flying online in the MA.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Intrepid

• Zinc Member
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2002, 05:26:45 PM »
However, I am sure you will find we are much more approachable once you start flying online in the MA.

egads what a shameless plug. ya get a kickback for that? :)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2002, 05:35:30 PM »
Yes, there is a problem, and I think it's just that there are so many new players these days, what with people wanting to know things like "How do I bomb/How do I drop drop tanks"; The old hands get pissed off... I have flown lone missions for months, and occasionally get involved in the takeover of a field. Your k/d will suffer as a result of the lack of support. All I can say is, try to get through it. I just play AH for fun, and until the AH populace thinks enough of me to help me out when I'm in trouble, and give 6-calls when they are needed, I shall just fly ad-hoc sorties. I don't give a toejam about scores. I went through all that in WB, and made my mark there. Here, I'm an also-ran.

See you for a pint in the Finsbury Park Tavern, Seven Sisters Road (?)

Offline Mushkin1uk

• Copper Member
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2002, 05:38:45 PM »
Sounds like a plan to me just a couple of stops on victoria line, maybe we can let everyone know the true power of the londoner;)

Offline BotaBing

• Copper Member
Webster
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2002, 05:44:22 PM »
The only thing blatenly ingored here is the dictionary.

Offline Mushkin1uk

• Copper Member
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2002, 07:30:31 PM »
Just proves my point really though didnt you!!:(

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2002, 07:45:24 PM »
There are only tree questions that I ever see in H2H.
1. Why dont I have outside views?
2. Why arn't there any bombers?
3. Why cant I have more ammo?

My answer is . I dont care.
Why should I keep repeating it over and over?

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2002, 07:54:23 PM »
Mush, no disrespect, but people don't have time to 'yak, yak, yak' when they're  playing the game.  Simple questions like 'What's up at A21' might get you an answer but 'How do I land on a Carrier?  Or 'How do I take off with a Ardo?' don't have easy answers.
   AH has very good instructions on it's Web Page on how to do all of this plus a Training Arena where you can ask any question you want.
   It's really not the responsibality of the players to show you how to play the game if you first don't take the time to first try to learn it yourself.
    AH is a very complicated sim.  Too complicated to explain on a text buffer.
    Read all you can offline and 95% of your questions will get answered.
    Good luck in AH.....

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2002, 08:44:03 PM »
Are you trying to talk to people in H2H and just get ignored?

AKDejaVu

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2002, 08:49:54 PM »
Mush,
Literally, I have been flying since day 1, but I have try to try H2H.  So no comment on it.
If you want to learn stuff, read the BB and the help files.  It's much more efficient for everyone.
The best advice that I can give you, however, is:
Cough up the $15!
It's the best $15 you will spend each month, no question.
I'd rather eat Top Ramen 7 days a week and be able to afford AH than eat well (like you can eat well on $15 a month).
A typical AH ready computer cost 100 times what AH does a month!  
A typical ISP cost more!
Pay the fee and your fun will increase 100 fold!
You will also get access to the training arena, where you will often find tons of help (and even be ignored, or alone on occasion).
From there, you can go to the main or CT, and learn by doing.

eskimo

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2002, 11:04:20 PM »
Mush,what is your H2H handle? :)
I find the best thing to do is say hi on channel 1 when you get into the room,even the team's if it's a team game and always salute when you get killed :)
 Fly for fun and enjoy yourself,there is plenty of help available,but remember,most people are either in a fight or looking at a suspicious dot and don't need to answer questions like "how do i start the engine?" or "how do i drop bombs",also remember that most of the "old hand's" have been asked these questions so many times that they have gotten tired of answering.....unless they are on a long hop in a bomber :)
 Hope to see you up soon :)
Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline cajun

• Silver Member
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2002, 11:28:52 PM »
Funny after my first 2free weeks on the MA I found the People in the H2H quit help full, though it sometimes does take a good deal of time to explain the basics, I just recently got a friend to play AH and the first 2-3 days I was answering so many questions I could hardly fly lol!

But I allways try to help when possible, whats your Aces High name?

Offline Bluedog

• Silver Member
Blatently Ignored
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2002, 01:02:52 AM »
Think of it as a Pub........hundreds of people inside having an absolute blast, chatting away, dancing, and generally enjoying themselves.
Outside, there are a handfull of people milling about, and occasionally one of them taps on the window and asks a question like.." Whats the beer like in there?"..."Any cute women?"
The response would more than likely be the same as you will get around here......" Pay the cover charge at the door, and come in and see for yourself, I'm too busy drinkin' beer and checkin' out the babes myself to spend time tellin' you about it"

Ie, if you are even half serious about it, cough up the dough like the rest of us, and become part of the crowd of revellers, not just an interested bystander, you will then find out all the answers to your questions, just like we all did.

It's cheap, value for money entertainment, second to none if you are into this kind of thing.....costs less than a beer a day.
Do you smoke ciggarettes? buy 2 less packs a MONTH, and you have the coin to get the full service.
$15 US/month is simple to come up with.....if it isnt, you really cant afford the time it would take to enjoy the game...you should be either working to get cash, or lookin' for a job .

I havent been here since day 1, but I have been here quite a while, and I allways found the AH community more than helpfull with any problems I had..........at least when there were people who could remember seeing my handle online for more than 2 weeks ;-)

You are obviously interested, or you wouldnt bother to post here, so, do as we all have done, make a few tiny little cutbacks in the monthly budget, sign up, and enjoy.

Blue