Author Topic: Connection issues. Need help/advice. Please!!!  (Read 254 times)

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Connection issues. Need help/advice. Please!!!
« on: August 29, 2000, 12:47:00 PM »
 Hi, guys.
 Recently I've got my new PC and immediately opened a trial AH account.
 I have a DSL line and my ping times to both www.hithechcreations.com  and alt.hithechcreations.com are very good at all times - about 130ms. The packet loss is negligible.
 Despite that I experience problems preventing me from playing:

Whenever I connect in the morning or during the day (can test that only on weekends, I get a connection and can fly just fine).

Whenever I try in the evening (New York - Eeastern Time), I get the connection, some updates on the radar map and in the outside views, a few messages in the buffer and then it stops! In avout five seconds, I would say. I get "host connection lost" popping up shortly.  

Whenever I go to the H2H in the evening, I connect and immediately get "switching to TCP/IP" message and after that I can fly fine.

All that time my pingplotter shows good ping times and packet loss numbers - nothing to indicate total loss of connection.

It looks like at certain (busy?) times of the day something on the route to HTC is dropping UDP traffic. Is that likely? Can something be done about that?
 My ISP is Juno, DSL wire provided by Covad. I would not be able to change it because I have a year-long contract.

Is it possible to connect to HTC arenas via TCP/IP? Any other suggestions?

miko--

Offline Snoopi

• Zinc Member
Connection issues. Need help/advice. Please!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2000, 04:09:00 PM »
Miko2d:

Try re-posting this in the Support Area.

In regards to H2H....
As far as I know...UDP doesn't work in H2H.
Everyone gets the "Switching to TCP/IP"

Maybe send HTC a trace route for those times when your connect drops.