Author Topic: Perks for countries with the least number?  (Read 81 times)

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
Perks for countries with the least number?
« on: May 29, 2002, 07:14:46 PM »
Guys, get a grip.  Some people are talking about giving perk points to players in countries with lower numbers.  Well, I think it can work, but not as a long term solution.  As AKDejavu mentioned in this thread: Bish #s in MA that Incentive is the key.

I will say this again and again as long as it takes.  The balance of the choices that we can do in the MA is skewed more to land grabbing than anything else.

I have suggested the following issues to be addressed:
1. its a constant land grab because winning the reset is the objective
2. side with more players wins the reset
3. its not too rewarding to take out facilities like factories or even HQs because it can be resupplied

and came up with this idea:
What came to my mind is this:
A. Set a time limit for a map reset (let's say 72 hours)
B. A map can be reset within the time limit like we do now by eliminating one side to one base. The side with more bases wins the reset like we do now.
C. When the time comes, the winning side will be determined by the number of perk points awarded per hour of player play.
D. Award bonus perk points for completely destroying strat targets like facilities and HQ. (let's say 10 perks)
E. As an option, the scoring system can be modified like the current ranking system for Pilot ranks and Squad ranks, where the average of the ranks for the categories for Fighter, Attack, Bomber, and Vehicle/Boat Ranks will determine the overall rank. In case of a tie (which will happen...), the raw scores of the perk points per hour will be considered. (I didn't want to say the number of bases as this will be the same as now).   A scoreboard as follows will clarify this point:
          Fighter     Attack      Bomber    Vehicle/Boat  Overall Rank
Bishops   xxx.xx (1)  aaa.aa (3)  xxx.xx (2)  xxx.xx (2)       (2)
Knights   yyy.yy (2)  bbb.bb (2)  xxx.xx (1)  xxx.xx (3)       (1)
Rooks     zzz.zz (3)  ccc.cc (1)  xxx.xx (3)  xxx.xx (1)       (3)

Discussion on this is in this thread:Suffering from the BigPac Burnout Syndrome

Blacksheep like it and started the following threads:
You all need to read this one...

You have to read this!!! (2nd post)

Please read those threads and think about it.  It is a long discussion so you would need some coffee and be able to sit back and think deeply into what is presented.

Any comments are welcome.