Author Topic: Spits? American Planes? LW planes? Bah!... the planes I truly hate to see...  (Read 503 times)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
When I see most planes in the arena... I have a pretty good idea of their capabilites and know what to expect.

The only aircraft I truly don't know how to combat are those fricking Yaks and c.205s.  Thank God for limited fuel and ammo capacity or we'd all be talking about the non-US/non-LW uber planes dominating the arena.

The climb.. they turn... the accelerate... they do most things better than most planes.  I really do hate them.

You put an excellent pilot in them and I downright fear them.

AKDejaVu

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
Shhh Deja....I like it that only a few of us fly the Yak.

Cobra

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
The 205 is a nice ride, but it loses control effectiveness just like a 109 at high speeds.  It also performs poorly above 20k.

The Yak is a nice plane, but has limited fuel and ammo.

Personally I think the La5FN is the most dangerous plane below 10k.  (Been flying it a little myself.   )

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Yep.. gotta agree.. the Rooski's and the Pasta Pro's are hard to deal with. I try to stay faster than usual when I engage one of these with my pony.. and slash at 'em with a large alt or 'e' advanage.

Or die.

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
205s are very underated - a brilliant fighter in the right hands and they're good for anti-buff too...  After F4UCs the 205 is the next one I dredd to see in a buff.

It if wasn't for the ammo loadout, you would see many more Yaks.  Very nice easy to fly plane, and pretty good in everything bar ammo load.

Regards

'Nexx'

[This message has been edited by Replicant (edited 08-30-2000).]
NEXX

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
the YAK is really something to respect especially when you fly a HOG .. you can only outrun it on the Deck if you have a lot of WEP left .. and then only barely if you had enought seperation to start with or he'll just out accelerate you in a blink.

Oh yea the 205s ... the worst is that they seem to come in Italian tradition "la familia" style  

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
C.205 must be dangerous mostly because of the pilots flying it, because on paper it's not that much better than the Me 109F-4!

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Let's not forget that my favorite planes are C.205 and Yak-9.... how could dweeb like me fly such poor planes?
They must be uber in that case because I fly those!  

for truth, C.205 and Yak-9 are my favorite planes in AH, and I surely don't think neither of them as poor.
When I flew Yak-9, I made 25-30 kills without dying a single time.. it is REALLY good plane. (poor you who underrate it!)
It has just right amount of fuel also and use of ammo is up to pilot. (though, I still have half the accuracy in Yak that I have in 109)

SpyHawk

Yeah. Those Eye-Tal-yun's that only fly the 205. I mean the guys that the 205 is the only ride they take. Those guys are absolutely incredible to watch. Usually on my 6.

I find the 205 is the most deadly plane in the game in the hands of a pilot that knows it.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
The three planes I have a hard time hitting:

1) citabria's P-38. Yesterday, I had alt on the guy, after spotting him just after a blackout (pilot wound). Did my best to get at him, but he (barely) kept outta guns solution and then I blacked out, extended and went for home, with him pinging me good from d1.0.
2) 190A5. That plane rolls and dances, making me spend most of my 150 cannon rounds to get a single one down.
3) C205. When it ain't split s'ing, it's breaking hard, making it very hard to kill. Turns very well, and is fast in a dive too.
4) LA-5. Small, agile, yet powerful, in 1v1's I have to drag 'um up high to have a chance of killing them, if they're flown by a edcent pilot.
5) Zeke (and to a lesser extent Spit V). They always seem to perform impossibly sharp immelmans/break turns that leads up to a HO I wish to avoid.

The planes that I hit good but require lots of ammo to down:

1)P-47. It takes a beating and keeps on going
2) N1K. Sturdy plane.
3) F4U-C and D. Resilient buggers.

------------------
StSanta
JG54 "Grünherz"
"If you died a stones throw from your wingie; you did no wrong". - Hangtime

Offline Snoopi

• Zinc Member
Spits? American Planes? LW planes? Bah!... the planes I truly hate to see...
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2000, 08:47:00 AM »

Originally posted by StSanta:
The three planes I have a hard time hitting:

5) Zeke (and to a lesser extent Spit V). They always seem to perform impossibly sharp immelmans/break turns that leads up to a HO I wish to avoid.

I love the Zeke because it is a "Angry Chihuahua". It is dangerous, but it can be killed easily if the pilot has bad SA or is not thinking. To get in a HO in the Zeke with almost any plane right now is almost, but not quite, suicide.

Regards,
Snoopi

P.S. ixnay the akYay ommentscay !
     ecretsay !  

[This message has been edited by Snoopi (edited 08-30-2000).]

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2000, 10:55:00 AM »
205 is a dangerous foe, but drag him high and kill then.

Yak is a dangerous foe, but drag him high and kill then.

Pony is a dangerous foe... Well, you got the idea (I hope)  

Fariz

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2000, 11:18:00 AM »

...but drag him high and kill then.

...but drag him high and kill then.

LOL! You must be a 109 or a spit pilot  Us F4u drivers don't have "drag him high" in our vocabulary.

As for those mentioning the La-5.... I haven't had much experience with these.  Usually it was at low alt... but I always came in with an e advantage.  I can't say I've ever bean leary of one in the area (no more so than any other aircraft).  Anyone have experiences that should tell me to pay more attention to them?

AKDejaVu

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2000, 12:19:00 PM »

Originally posted by Fariz:
205 is a dangerous foe, but drag him high and kill then.

Yak is a dangerous foe, but drag him high and kill then.

Pony is a dangerous foe... Well, you got the idea (I hope)  

Fariz

As I recall, you never go low, so how can you drag any higher from that?  

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2000, 12:36:00 PM »

Originally posted by Fishu:
As I recall, you never go low, so how can you drag any higher from that?  

Just show them finger from 35k, and they are after you, at least till 30k  

Fariz