Author Topic: Congrats Bish  (Read 128 times)

Offline Ogun

• Copper Member
Congrats Bish
« on: May 30, 2002, 01:56:30 AM »
I love the Rooks, friendly kind folk...

Got to give credit to bishops tho because of these under dar missions; I know how easy it is to grab a field with only 3 players when nobody is watching or defending it low-- two of my squadies and I captured 3 fields within an hour the other night with just the three of us using various methods, but always under dar...

I've also busted up a few of those missions when I see little bars or dots pop up, then back down (I can just hear the pilots saying, "woops, maybe nobody saw") but that is rare I'm sure for most peeps; sometimes I even warn of under dar attacks 20mins before the attack and we still lose the field.

Most importantly, I think bish have a philosophy or two that I find exclusively bish.  Here they are, slam me, flame me, rag me and blame me...

1.  Attack nme.  Don't be thinking defend.  We act, they react, we win.

2.  Under dar missions; take a field on mainland.  While nme gasps and grumbles and tries a massive onslaught to recapture, just leave a few fiters or gvs there for distraction, and grab another field.  

(The second one has part of the first one in it "we act, they react" but it's special because of the under dar nature as opposed to  massive 120 dot hi alt straight up attacks)

I believe it isn't just the numbers for bish right now; I think that there is a large enough group of bish that follows the rule of offense and sneak.  

Can't help but wonder what would happen if all three countries did the same :confused:

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Congrats Bish
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2002, 04:55:46 AM »
Bishop top secret recipe for domination:

Step 1: Fly randomly to any base, en mass.
Step 2: Kill stuff.
Step 3: If enough stuff is kilt, ask where goon is.
Step 4: Hope goon is somewhere near.
Step 5: If goon manages to be near AND successfully deploys troops (re: not plant them in the dirt), proceed to step 6.  If not, repeat steps 2-5.
Step 6: Fly randomly somewhere else, en mass.  More killing of stuff.
Step 7: World/Arena Domination.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
Congrats Bish
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2002, 05:15:38 AM »
We were lucky yesterday, I was patrolling from 39-38 area to V10. Suddenly I saw huge bish noe mission ib A39. I attacked and killed their goons (2) and after that 2 La7 dweebs killed me. Their attack was not succesful without those goons and we saved 39. :D

We lost 38 and they started m3 run to 39 town.  Once there was 5 m3's in little area running like chickens. I killed 2-3 in 1 pass and 1 more in next pass.

Nice try bishes!:D
I am a spy!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Congrats Bish
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2002, 07:13:21 AM »
SOB, you will now be shot as a traitor to Bishland!

Revealing the top secret method of the Bish to any and all who read this board? What the heck were YOU thinking?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
Congrats Bish
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2002, 08:07:18 AM »
We (bish) also had a nice island hopping campaign last night.  We captured 3 fields in 1 mission- thanks for the missions you do fariz. :)   We would capture a field, refuel and head to the next one- dunno how many of us survived all 3 base captures but there were quite a few yellow mission icons around.

i agree SOB ought to be shot.:D
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
Congrats Bish
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2002, 08:15:32 AM »
Guess it's time for everyone to switch to Bish

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
Congrats Bish
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2002, 08:24:23 AM »
:D SOB

Reminds me of the good ol' days where Knight had more numbers ... delicious

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Congrats Bish
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2002, 09:37:19 AM »
Bah ....

No one country can claim exclusive rights to NOE Missions, we all do it, and its effective.

We (Knights) were down to 7 fields last night. All our remaining bases were porked with regards to fuel and troops except 1.

We ran a long range NOE mission from this 1 field, which resulted in the capture of at least 5 fields in a short period of time.

If you get the right pilots and the timing of the destruction is in line with the arrival of the goons, its extremly easy to do. The best part of a mission like this is that the base is untouched and completely operational for both offense and defense.

Ogun's point about the Bar Dar is significant. Twice last night when we left a field, we attracted some pilots who weren't in the mission and began to fly above 500ft AGL. With some stern requests, we were able to get them down to NOE, but we were all saying ... "I hope they didn't see that"
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Ogun

• Copper Member
Congrats Bish
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2002, 06:05:28 PM »
Retracted; was defending myself in place of SOB :D

Have to say tho that I did everything I could tonight to convice some rooks to come offense and get some fields, and just can't get them *and myself, it's quite contagious* out of DEFEND mode.  Even when our numbers shift high, as they rarely do, you notice a very slow transformation of rooks going, "Hey, cool, I can play offense."  It's the most horrible thing, but I think that rooks are getting outstanding training in that one fiter often has to take on two or more...

I don't think it's whining; rather, I think people in outnumbered countries feel down about it probably about equal to how "up" about it the fuller country is.

Also tonight, it was so predictable; we lost a field to an under dar raid (41) and I said, "I guarantee you that they are already reupping to an under dar on (37?)" which was another 0 alt field nearby.  So 10, 15 mins went by and sure enough, waaaay down there where we had no protection because we didn't need it, they strike (fortunately a few people upped there after all the hollering on rook channel and defended it)

I'm happy that it's getting so predictable :D
« Last Edit: May 31, 2002, 01:08:16 AM by Ogun »

Offline Ogun

• Copper Member
Congrats Bish
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2002, 01:10:17 AM »
PS I'm dying to see the composure of bishops when their numbers go down consistently and they are beaten down day after day :D  My guess, lots of them go to the higher numbered country.