Author Topic: Message Board and GOD mode question.  (Read 462 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Message Board and GOD mode question.
« on: May 30, 2002, 10:33:24 AM »
Message Board- I read these alot and am wondering if a 'Message Board Guru' can give me a tip or three. How can I avoid cycling thru the posts I have allready read and just view the newer unread posts?

GOD mode- Being a WW flyer, er target..., I was wondering how I set my joystick buttons to Dx output. I have a full CH setup, FX stick with Pro throttle and Pro Rudder, and use the basic keystrokes programmed thru Speedkeys for my output now.

Any help greatly appreciated, and thank-you in advance.

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: Message Board and GOD mode question.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2002, 01:47:14 PM »
Originally posted by fuze
Message Board- I read these alot and am wondering if a 'Message Board Guru' can give me a tip or three. How can I avoid cycling thru the posts I have allready read and just view the newer unread posts?
Each time you log in to the BBS, you will notice some threads have an "open" envelope and a down-arrow symbol.  These are threads which contain new messages since you last logged on, and clicking the down-arrow will take you to the first unread post in that thread.  The only problem I find is if you spend a long time either eading a thread or typing a message, your connection "times out" and any remain unread threads will be marked as read.... otherwise it works pretty well in cutting out messages you have already read...  :)
GOD mode- Being a WW flyer, er target..., I was wondering how I set my joystick buttons to Dx output. I have a full CH setup, FX stick with Pro throttle and Pro Rudder, and use the basic keystrokes programmed thru Speedkeys for my output now.
Basically, to use the God mode you need to set up three buttons on your joystick as DX buttons (in Speedkeys), and use AH keymapping to set them for normal use - fire, bomb, etc.  Then, when you hit F5, the buttons will work in the God mode... otherwise they will work as normal.  Hope that makes sense.  I think there is a better explanation in how to move, etc, in the Special Events Forum.  :D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2002, 01:51:21 PM by Flossy »
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2002, 06:38:37 AM »
Thanks on the BBS stuff, now that I look the text next to that arrow it says 'go to first unread post' and on the main BBS page in the upper right under 'welcome back so-and-so' it also says 'view new posts'. I'm such a marOOn LoL. Now I feel like one of those guys in the MA who chimes 'how do you start the engine?'
I'm still 'slightly' conFUZEd on the Dx stuff but further research will be done before I ask more questions.

You probably didn't even have to put your 'Guru Hat' on for those questions. Again thanks a ton... oops I guess that would be a Kilo for you :)

fuzeman

OK , one more... do I have to wait for a WW or event where I can access GOD mode or can I test it offline or in another place like the SEA?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2002, 09:32:37 AM »
Unless your a CM you have to wait for a WW.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2002, 10:14:44 AM »
Thanks Ghosth...
at least WW is weekly :D

fuzeman

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2002, 11:16:54 AM »
Thanks Ghosth...
at least WW is weekly :D
Actually, I believe it can be used by anybody offline....  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2002, 03:46:59 PM »
Oh no... I started a con-TROV-ersy and am getting conFUZEd by the nanosecond [of course it doesn't take much to do that].

I'll revoke the GOD mode question and be happy I got 1 out of 2
:)
fuzeman

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2002, 05:11:18 PM »
Flossy gets the 'Guru' award, GOD mode does work offline and I have it working correctly. I didn't have to change anything, the bonehead was operating it incorrectly.
I'm such a marOOn :rolleyes:

Thanks again for all your assistance,
fuzeman

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2002, 03:30:15 AM »
Flossy gets the 'Guru' award, GOD mode does work offline and I have it working correctly.
LOL, glad you got it going OK..... however the word "Guru" sends shivers down my spine as I remember the dark days at EA.com.... as EAGuruHelen!  :rolleyes:  Glad to have helped anyway....  ;)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2002, 01:09:41 PM »
While shivers down the spine can be good or bad, I remember those days myself being an AWer for three years until it's demise.
Thanks EA :mad:
I'll retract the 'Guru' and use.... hmm lets see....
Brainiac of the BBS?   naaa
Ms Know-it-all?   naaaa

Let's just say it was a question well answered :D

fuzeman

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2002, 01:38:03 PM »
Let's just say it was a question well answered :D
LOL, thanks anyway, fuze.... ;)

Flos in AW....  :)
Flossy {The Few}