Author Topic: Agw  (Read 545 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Agw
« on: May 31, 2002, 03:03:10 AM »
I was reading a pretty interesting discussion down at agw today about AH.

There were several very funny comments like WB fliers claiming you can't dodge bounces with ACM in AH, AH feels mushy compared to WB (!??) etc. stupidities..

Tried to reply and since I have forgot my old id in agw, tried to register.. Surprise..

vBulletin Message
Sorry. Registration has been disabled by the administrator.

I wonder what's up with that.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline julle

• Copper Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi
Agw
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2002, 03:35:35 AM »
AH! HA!

So U are the "wise prettythang" of AH. Should have quessed...

julle

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Agw
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2002, 04:16:09 AM »
Julle why don't you just say wise bellybutton like the rest of us?

Does me wanting to post to your homeboard make me a wiseass now? What are you then?

People at WB have tried AH for 2 weeks. You can't adjust from WB to AH FM in 2 weeks it takes more like 2 months to get to the level where you were in WB.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Agw
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2002, 04:59:56 AM »
Don't bother with it Ripley.  It's been done dozens of times already, yet the idiots will continue to rant about why AH sucks and about why WarBirds is great (and vice versa here on this board), and why one respective community is superior to the other.  It won't make a bit of difference to anyone who's open minded enough to actually give the other one a try if they're interested, and only goes to prove how narrow minded some are.  We're all one big community who (for the most part) are interested in WWII history and who all love to fly and blow toejam up with virtual WWII war birds - some choose to fly WarBirds, some choose to fly Aces High, or even one of the others.

As for registration, I think the moderators over there close it down now and then, tho' I'm not sure why.  I know they've closed it and opened it back up at least one time in the past.  They'd probably set an account up for you if you emailed 'em.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Agw
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2002, 06:51:46 AM »
Why do you feel so defensive as to try to reply to their envious crap?

If you like AH who cares what the diddlytards think. Let em sink slowly on their tar pit.

Offline Stridr417

• Zinc Member
Agw
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2002, 07:03:57 AM »
If you like AH who cares what the diddlytards think. Let em sink slowly on their tar pit.

Wow, man that's a bummer attitude  :(

Stridr

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: Agw
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2002, 07:04:16 AM »
To answer your wonder...

As far as I know there was a disruptive person on the agw board and when they'd shut him out he'd just log back in with different names.

In order to stop him they just stopped people being able to register.

DmdKanth

Originally posted by MrRiplEy[H]
I was reading a pretty interesting discussion down at agw today about AH.

There were several very funny comments like WB fliers claiming you can't dodge bounces with ACM in AH, AH feels mushy compared to WB (!??) etc. stupidities..

Tried to reply and since I have forgot my old id in agw, tried to register.. Surprise..

vBulletin Message
Sorry. Registration has been disabled by the administrator.

I wonder what's up with that.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Agw
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2002, 08:34:41 AM »
Originally posted by Stridr417

Wow, man that's a bummer attitude  :(

Stridr

Is that Gatineau as in Gatineau, or Gatineau as in Hull?

Offline Stridr417

• Zinc Member
Agw
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2002, 08:39:49 AM »
Hey, a local guy!

Hull, but closer to Aylmer, actaully.  Just off of Chemin de la Montagne on the other side of the Champlaine bridge.  I can't get used to the new name... "Gatineau" to me always conjures up images of strip joints and  seedy bars...

Lots of other AH and Warbirds folks are in the region as well.

Stridr

Offline julle

• Copper Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi
Agw
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2002, 09:00:40 AM »
For the others not-in-the-know I was referring to a totally other post by this creature. I personally have never said anything to offend AH/il-2/WWIIOL on these boards. I play 2 of these games and have tried the 3rd too. If I canīt play AH itīs ALL the same to me if you can. To you my post seems odd since it refers to something you donīt see here. The word: "stupidities" caught my attention. Since it (ripley) had accused me being lame for supporting the Brewster to AH!

Here I go again: Brewster into AH! :D <=Suck that...

julle, NOT converting anyone to ANY game!

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Agw
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2002, 12:04:07 PM »
Just email Argo and ask him to register you. That's what I did during the '98 registration close-down. :)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Agw
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2002, 04:11:51 PM »
I think iEN is looking to phase out AGW and get people to use the official iEN board where they rule with an iron fist.  Most of the people that were on AGW when I started are gone now, and with registration blocked, I imagine it won't be long until it's deserted.  I also think that Argo has neither the spare time nor the interest in WarBirds to run AGW actively so I doubt he would mind terribly much if it faded away.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2002, 04:15:28 PM by funkedup »

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Agw
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2002, 04:32:39 PM »
Originally posted by Stridr417
Hey, a local guy!

Hull, but closer to Aylmer, actaully.  Just off of Chemin de la Montagne on the other side of the Champlaine bridge.  I can't get used to the new name... "Gatineau" to me always conjures up images of strip joints and  seedy bars...

Lots of other AH and Warbirds folks are in the region as well.

Stridr

Ah Gatineau, how I fondly recall going to Pigale's for the first time, at the tender age of 15.  heheh.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Agw
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2002, 04:34:26 PM »
Don't know if I agree with Funked's assessment of the current reason for closed registration, but he is dead-on about iEN's desire to control all BBS traffic associated with WBs and DoA. These intentions they've made clear in the past, and only the immediate and vitriolic outcry of the AGW community prevented it. It should also be added iEN is very tight in the way they run their BBS- no criticism allowed.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Agw
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2002, 05:30:23 PM »
Originally posted by Kieran
It should also be added iEN is very tight in the way they run their BBS- no criticism allowed.

They know their game is flawed, so they will do all thats possible to prevent negative word of mouth (wich is what these games live of)

Different case with HTC. They know their game rocks, so they allow any dipshit to come here and talk crap. These retards promptly make fools of themselves, there is no need to ban them :)
Any doubt a potential customer may have will be cleared with the 2 week trial period.