Author Topic: New pc and.....  (Read 590 times)

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
New pc and.....
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2002, 01:50:19 PM »
pure dx8 games Ripley...

Well lets put it this way... The most common cards found in pc's nowadays has to be a GF MX series.  Sure in the not too distant future some games will come along that the MX line may not be able to do 'everything' but any developer that ignores the MX crowd is in fer a shock...  (something HTC cannot afford to do atm)

There are several features on the Ti series of cards that the MX cannot do, but I've yet to find a single current game or app that cannot be scaled to permit an MX card to play the game.

As far as MX's being raped hardware...  BS again +)  its a faster GF2 MX thats all.  Its close to 2x as fast as my old one and it cost me the SAME as it did.

By the time games come along that an MX cannot play...  The 'latest and greatest' crew will be using GF8's.(and spending at least 2x as much as those of us with either A) different priorities B) smaller wallets)

SKurj

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
New pc and.....
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2002, 02:07:59 PM »
Skurj it doesn't really deserve the GF4 title because it lacks practically all the technological advancements embedded in the real Gf4 series.

It will be outdated months, maybe even a year before the real deal, forcing you to pay more than the difference for a more powerful card.

My principle is to upgrade to 80% of the top performance - that way I won't have to change parts every other month, keep cost reasonable and have top-notch performance in the meantime.

I haven't seen a hardware site yet that would actually reckommend buying one if you can spare a few extra bucks for the Ti.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
New pc and.....
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2002, 04:22:08 PM »
Sorry ripley, i won't spend anymore then than i will now...

I will spend 40% of the cost of a high end card next yr as i did this yr, and last yr...

SKurj

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
New pc and.....
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2002, 04:58:39 PM »
Naturally that's your choice Skurj and I understand that..

I just wanted to make clear that the MX series is not the best bang for your bucks.

There are also other things to take into consideration like image quality (especially high-res 2D) and overclockability. I chose my present card because tests showed it had a superior RF filter design, giving a far better image quality than the standard geforce cards.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
New pc and.....
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2002, 01:50:57 PM »
thats kewl ripley, i'll buy a gf4ti4600 next spring for probably little more than i paid for my mx

o course or a gf5 mx lol

SKurj

Offline DW58

• Zinc Member
New pc and.....
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2002, 05:08:02 PM »
Anyone look at the price of a GF3 TI200 lately :)