Author Topic: Ground vehicles are extremely overpowered.  (Read 533 times)

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Ground vehicles are extremely overpowered.
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2001, 03:29:00 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM:
Maybe overpowered versus aircraft, but the Panzer is grossly underpowered when attacking anything on the ground larger than a AAA emplacement.

My $0.02...

It's still a mystery to me why a tank sometimes has to hit an Osty 10-15 times with AP to kill it and at times only to have a plane strafe it and get the kill. The GV to GV ammo/armor modeling is what needs addressing more than anything GV related IMO

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: MrLars ]

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2001, 10:45:00 PM »
Orel:

http://home.earthlink.net/~jayboyer/50pen.htm

I don't have access to a lot of source material atm as I am traveling but I believe that the armor surrounding the IL-2 cockpit and engine compartment was 8mm of homogeneous armor.

Hooligan

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: Hooligan ]

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2001, 07:39:00 AM »
So the real gripe here urchin is that the IL-2 is under modeled and not that GV are xtremely over powered? i can agree with that.

----

Vermillion

2 words.. King Tiger  ;)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2001, 08:54:00 AM »
The only thing I agree with is the Ostie seems to do more damage to a Panzer than a Panzer does to an Ostie with AP rounds.  I even posted about it in the bug forum.

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"