Author Topic: I was robbed I tell ya.  (Read 270 times)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
I was robbed I tell ya.
« on: June 03, 2002, 09:18:51 AM »
Was flying a Yak9U near a Bish field lastnight picking off rooks that were trying to take it for the reset. Got my 6th kill then had to run like a lil' girl from a zeke that caught me low & slow. I got away, but just before I landed, the terrain reset and I lost my kills.

Oh woe is me!!!!

Offline K West

• Silver Member
I was robbed I tell ya.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2002, 09:35:56 AM »
"Got my 6th kill"

WTG! :)

Westy

*Saw you  in a '51 a week or so ago and it was such a sad sight to behold.  Going from a Yak to an easy mode plane.  Glad to see you back in it ;)

Offline Vector

• Nickel Member
I was robbed I tell ya.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2002, 09:52:15 AM »
I was robbed too while was flying Tempest and then war ended. Four minutes time to fly to other side of the arena... there went 70 perks, doh!
There should be a popup window after the reset with option to warp to tower or something, really. I don't care about losing the kills, but losing 70 perks just because the reset, that's wrong!

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
I was robbed I tell ya.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2002, 09:55:46 AM »
Congrats on your 6th Kill Apache. Keep up the good work and #7 might be just around the corner

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
I was robbed I tell ya.
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2002, 10:38:08 AM »
Going from a Yak to an easy mode plane. Glad to see you back in it

Going from an easy mode plane to another easy mode plane :)

Feels bad to get robbed though.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
I was robbed I tell ya.
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2002, 10:41:05 AM »
Originally posted by K West
"Got my 6th kill"

WTG! :)

Westy

*Saw you  in a '51 a week or so ago and it was such a sad sight to behold.  Going from a Yak to an easy mode plane.  Glad to see you back in it ;)

51 is easy mode? :D
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
I was robbed I tell ya.
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2002, 10:46:32 AM »
hehe, the brainwashing begins anew...

Wouldn't it be funny as hell to see every single pilot in the arena in a LW ride for one night? I mean, what would they cry about then?

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
I was robbed I tell ya.
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2002, 11:08:03 AM »
Lol Westy. Now look what ya went & done. Least it wasn't the super easy mode 51D :)

hehe Sikboy. I don't think I'll ever get 7 in a Yak. 6 is tops for me and actually, it should have been only 5 but that 109 just wouldn't leave me alone :D.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
I was robbed I tell ya.
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2002, 11:33:23 AM »
Originally posted by Vector
I was robbed too while was flying Tempest and then war ended. Four minutes time to fly to other side of the arena... there went 70 perks, doh!
There should be a popup window after the reset with option to warp to tower or something, really. I don't care about losing the kills, but losing 70 perks just because the reset, that's wrong!

Are you sure you lost the perkies?  Unless HT has changed something, the server is supposed to count everyone as landed when the war is one and the subsequent reset occurs.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
I was robbed I tell ya.
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2002, 11:57:34 AM »
Nhaaa, not alking about LW being specially hard, but there are planes a HELL OF ALOT harder then a Yak and P51. To mention a few allied rides, F4u, P47 D30 and such.

The Yak is THE uber ride except for guns, almost as fast as a 190 G10 at the deck, turns alot better, climbs great, no wep but it's so damn fast anyway. Can outscissor anything, a 190 doesn't stand a chance in scissoring.

P51D a bit harder to fly although you can run better in it.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
I was robbed I tell ya.
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2002, 12:59:49 PM »
Originally posted by Wilbus
Nhaaa, not alking about LW being specially hard, but there are planes a HELL OF ALOT harder then a Yak and P51. To mention a few allied rides, F4u, P47 D30 and such.

The Yak is THE uber ride except for guns, almost as fast as a 190 G10 at the deck, turns alot better, climbs great, no wep but it's so damn fast anyway. Can outscissor anything, a 190 doesn't stand a chance in scissoring.

That doesn't make any sense. You are contradicting your own statement. How can a ride be uber "except for guns", almost as fast and no wep?

Also, it climbs great. Better than a G10? What about roll rate? Better than a 190D9?

Dang, if the Yak is Uber, what are the rides you mentioned?

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
I was robbed I tell ya.
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2002, 01:17:37 PM »
Contradicting my own statement? Only in your head.

No wep means it's got its speed almost as fast as the G10 (G10 on WEP) but it can maintain it all the time. It outclimbs most things while it outwurns most things except for dedicated turn fighters (spits, nikis, zekes and hurris and maybe some others).

It's got good guns, as good as a G10 (using 20mm) only a bit less ammo.

One of the easiest planes to fly although you might need to work some on the gunnery to get more then 3 kills in it.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Offline K West

• Silver Member
I was robbed I tell ya.
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2002, 01:18:08 PM »

;)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
I was robbed I tell ya.
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2002, 01:39:40 PM »
Contradicting my own statement? Only in your head.

No wep means it's got its speed almost as fast as the G10 (G10 on WEP) but it can maintain it all the time. It outclimbs most things while it outwurns most things except for dedicated turn fighters (spits, nikis, zekes and hurris and maybe some others).

It's got good guns, as good as a G10 (using 20mm) only a bit less ammo.

One of the easiest planes to fly although you might need to work some on the gunnery to get more then 3 kills in it.

If you're comparing the Yak9U to 109G10 and saying it is easier, I agree. If you're saying its the easiet in the set, you're a nut job.

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
I was robbed I tell ya.
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2002, 02:03:57 PM »

Yeah, it is so uber, that people avoid flying it. I can spend the whole day in MA, and see not a single enemy yakU.

Funny how often those "YakU uber" comes from people, who never flies it.

And what is that 190g10 anyway? :)

Fariz