Author Topic: An AH webpage I think needs to be created *serious post*  (Read 122 times)

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
An AH webpage I think needs to be created *serious post*
« on: June 03, 2002, 11:59:57 PM »
A webpage listing all the convergences for each plane and showing which color = which gun for that particular plane. On the majority of the planes I have no idea which color is what. Take the mossie for instance, how would you know what gun is what!  I'm sure alot of the vets have memorized each color for their particular favorite rides. A list of these would be well worth the time to create it. I know I would use it and be be grateful for the data collected.  What do you think?

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2002, 12:40:07 AM »
Eh? You cant follow the lines back to the guns they come from?

A mossie or any nose gunned plane has no need to set convergence.. its nose guns, they dont have convergence issues.

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2002, 01:28:39 AM »
and showing which color = which gun for that particular plane

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2002, 08:59:50 AM »
I thought convergence also controlled the angle up on the guns, to counter gravity (so convergence on your centerline .50s in the P-38 set to 300 and set to 600 on another P-38 would make a difference).  Is this not the case?
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline xHaMmeRx

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.netaces.org
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2002, 09:06:47 AM »
Originally posted by Nifty
I thought convergence also controlled the angle up on the guns, to counter gravity (so convergence on your centerline .50s in the P-38 set to 300 and set to 600 on another P-38 would make a difference).  Is this not the case?

Nifty,

I thought this, too, but after testing several guns at varying ranges, the only difference I can tell is in the distance the guns come together horizontally.  There does not seem to be any influence on range.  I have several of the tests posted here.  The initial page talks about range (haven't gotten around to changing it yet) but the tests show virtually no difference in bullet drop for different convergence settings.  I haven't done the extremly short settings, but why would I set them that low anyway?

HaMmeR
netAces.org - Tactics, Info and More!

=GHOSTS=....You Will Believe!

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2002, 11:09:11 AM »
It does change the elevation, but there realy isn't much difference in the bullet arc until you get the convergance in very close.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2002, 11:12:53 AM »
thx, HT.  :)

good tests hammer.  
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline xHaMmeRx

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.netaces.org
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2002, 10:27:56 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
It does change the elevation, but there realy isn't much difference in the bullet arc until you get the convergance in very close.

Thanks for the info hitech.  I'll do some tests with the convergence set in close just for fun

HaMmeR
netAces.org - Tactics, Info and More!

=GHOSTS=....You Will Believe!