Author Topic: This Kraut Aint in the Menu *G*  (Read 457 times)

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
This Kraut Aint in the Menu *G*
« on: June 05, 2002, 09:33:54 PM »
Hey Hajo, you'll remember something similar ;)

I was fighting a 109, La5 and La7, hammerheading the 109 to death, then the La7 fell to the same trick, but at d500 the La7 warped from where he was (in my sights) to my 10 o'c and with his nose pointed up (when he was in sights the la7 was showing me his belly).. well, as things go either he shot me or we collided..

lost wingtip, engine 1 was hit and would soon fail.. I nursed the Swallow back to base at 500mph... with La5 and La7 chasing me. I left them behind halfway to base.

When I got to base (a13) I almost fainted to see the only runway I could land on was the S one (N had a hill in front).. and there were enemy m16 and flaks near the S runway. "$#@$" said I...

So I try anyways, engine 1 was about to quit and losing the engine on the same side you miss a wingtip=invitation to auger blender-style.

Slowed the thing to 200mph.. lowered gear.. 500ft off the ground... ENGINE QUIT! Almost spun out, with full right rudder and pushing nose up and down with full flaps out I managed to keep the plane from spinning to the left.. and of course, overshot the damn runway!!! Had to do a laaaazy right turn with full flaps and snap-ruddering to keep control... was in the last quarter of the turn to get to S. runway lign-up... and WOE! I see the La5 coming at me on the deck at 2.0. "%$#@$@#@#$ X2!!"

Amazingly, he was coming in so fast or I was spewing out so much smoke he hit me with 2 pings and overshot me... but his 2 shots put my engine on fire. "$#@$@#$#@ X3!!"

Having to land very quickly to at least get a ditch, jinxed the 262 nose down to 10 ft.. trying to not spin to the left.. rudder full right.. *SQUEAK* wheels touch land at 120mph... La5 is doing a high-yoyo turn to me, some Bish base defense try to get him but he's too fast... as I bounce in the ground towards the runway I kept thinking the damn thing was gonna explode.. I had been counting since the moment the engine got fire (takes 11 seconds for fire to make you go BOOM)... was 7 seconds so far..

plane 60 mph @8 seconds, NOSE WHEEL HITS RUNWAY.. la5 just turning his nose to me at d900... 45 mph.. la5  now at d850 coming in, ! TAIL NOW IN RUNWAY!! SLAMMED the breaks...

9 seconds... 10 mph.. La5 d770.. RUDDERED hard left and right, plane's wheels tilted up sideways... STOP! .

.ef .ef .ef .ef .ef .ef .ef .ef .ef .ef.ef .ef .ef .ef .ef.ef .ef .ef .ef .ef.ef .ef .ef .ef .ef.ef .ef .ef .ef .ef

*10 seconds*

.ef .ef .ef .ef .ef.ef .ef .ef .ef .ef.ef .ef .ef .ef .ef.ef .ef .ef .ef .ef.ef .ef .ef .ef .ef.ef .ef .ef .ef .ef.ef .ef .ef .ef .ef

*sphynxter shut tight* CMON YOU $#@$#@$#.

YOU HAVE LANDED SUCCESFULLY.

*does the Happy Tac Dance*

BOOOYAH :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2002, 09:35:44 PM »
Pass the S'mores...

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2002, 09:36:57 PM »
eep

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2002, 09:40:38 PM »
of course, here's the last few seconds of the action in I-MAX view! (64KB)

La5 Identified as ZULU944

Sorry bud, no perkie crown this round ;)