Author Topic: Sunday TOD Philippines Frame 2 Scores  (Read 608 times)

Offline AndyH

• Copper Member
      • http://www.ahope.myby.co.uk/wod/

Offline AndyH

• Copper Member
Sunday TOD Philippines Frame 2 Scores
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2002, 12:35:30 PM »
Do these score have any bearing on the outcome of the TOD frames, or are they based on who best carries out the orders they are given?

I can't see any victory condition rules on the web page as you would normally find in a scenario.

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2002, 01:35:39 PM »
There's a scoring page that gives the rules.
The scoring system has a lot of problems with it, so most of us don't use the score to rate our enjoyment of a scenario.

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2002, 01:48:12 PM »
Also they are not correct says i was shot down by unknown gunner twice in frame 2.
1st was a ditch on take off, first time with new joystick and fully loaded F4U-1D from CV not a pleasant experience.
2nd take off (within allowed time) i was shot to scrap and exploded by a DWEEB in a Hi N1k ;)

Offline Exile

• Gold Member
      • http://www.simladder.com/
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2002, 02:03:53 PM »
Originally posted by 214thCavalier
Also they are not correct says i was shot down by unknown gunner twice in frame 2.

They are correct as far as the logs are concerned ;) ... I can only show what the server records. In your case it recorded both flights as ending in you being "Killed", the server just didn't record who shot you down. It did however record that Gremlin shot you down on one of those flights.

Not really sure what could cause the server to not record who shot you. It happened with alot of other recorded events as well.

Offline AndyH

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2002, 02:24:52 PM »
Is there a web page somewhere that shows how many points you get for each structure etc.?

Also how does the CM decide who wins a frame? there are no details of this on the web site.

I understand that the server will not get every detail 100% correct, logs will be quite low on the priority list. I wouldnt want it to miss my shot on an enemy because it was busy recording who shot who down.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2002, 03:00:04 PM »
Depending on the Admin CM for that particular TOD the scores may be more “objective” or “point” based. On that the Admin CM would decide on victory conditions.

I have never stressed for the Admin CM to post details of who won and why. Rather I have told them their focus is to keep things balanced, ensure squads will see action by over lapping targets/objectives for both sides, and players over all having fun.

We want to shift toward objective based results, but we are in the process of moving everything over exile has done for us to the lap of HTC. What happens after that is still open for debate.  

The value of all objects including ground and air vehicles are listed. That is something we hashed out a year or so ago. There is a page that lists the values of everything but that is in the Events HQ and only a few CM’s have access to that. I could share it, but I don’t see the need. I would not want players to start counting points when even the logs are not perfect. They would IMHO start subtracting from their enjoyment of the event and others if we start seeing posts about values, points and all the nit picking thereafter.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2002, 03:34:12 PM »
In the BoB TOD, it was subjective based on how much of the targets the LW destroyed mixed in with how many of them made it home and how many RAF lived through the attack.

Frame 1, the Axis leveled everything, but lost everyone.  RAF lost a lot, so it was a slight Axis victory.

Frame 2, the Axis leveled everything, and most everyone.  RAF lost a lot again, so it was a moderate Axis victory.

Frame 3, Axis hit London hard, one target pretty well, and one target not at all.  Both sides lost equal amounts of aircraft.  It was a draw.

It's kinda hard to go off of straight points unless both sides have the exact same strike objectives, and field about the same number of pilots.

Personally, as a CM, I like to visually inspect the targets after the frame to assess damage.  Then I count up the percentage of people landing safely, ditching, bailing, captured and killed.   So basically I go by who does the best given the objectives I gave to the Frame COs.  That's just me tho.  :)  Fortunately, we get "artistic license" when we do our TODs.  It doesn't make it consistent, but it keeps it fresh, IMO.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline AndyH

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2002, 03:50:14 PM »
Originally posted by Nifty
So basically I go by who does the best given the objectives I gave to the Frame COs.

Originally posted by  daddog
There is a page that lists the values of everything but that is in the Events HQ and only a few CM’s have access to that.

Thanx thats answered my questions.

Offline Grayarea

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2002, 06:20:49 PM »
Originally posted by AndyH
Do these score have any bearing on the outcome of the TOD frames, or are they based on who best carries out the orders they are given?

I can't see any victory condition rules on the web page as you would normally find in a scenario.

Hi AndyH,

Job well done. :)

The current system works OK if both sides are given objectives that match in point value.

For frame 1 of the philippines that was the case and the points show how well the Axis did.

However in frame 2 as the objectives did not match point wise they are only really good for showing who shot who :)

I set the objectives and I checked them at the end of the frame,  although the allies lost more air-frames they also damaged their objectives more.

Its a bit subjective really, I would say that the V field was 50-75% dead and A7 was really 80% dead.

The Axis objective (your fleet) was only 50% dead.

So an Allied victory.