Author Topic: It's Simple....Get Used To It!  (Read 853 times)

Renfield

It's Simple....Get Used To It!
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2000, 06:59:00 PM »
After you guys left (I think), I engaged LLB and raked him across the top. Didn't draw blood though and lost the E advantage I had. I decided discretion the part and was headed home with him trying to catch me.

I had already lost one gun and LLB lit up the radio with his incessant "run chickenshit" goading.

After all the crap I had put up with from RAM, I decided to see about shutting this guy up. Bad decision. I turned on him and he went for alt. I tried to get one shot in but just couldn't hold the aim that I needed to kill him.

Next thing I knew, he was diving down - guns blazing. I lost parts and ended up dying.

So that's it for me. I will always play to the strengths of the plane I am flying and will not let the losers try to goad a response. It got me killed. They can call me chickenshit all they want for exiting the fight.

I played into his hand and lost. Lesson learned. My advice to anyone on the receiving end of jerks who like to berate over the open channel is to ignore them. Fly it your way and realize that they are only trying to sucker you in.

Basically these guys vent as a tactic. Pay it no attention and don't take it personal. Just hunt them down and show them no mercy. It's another case of I can't kill you while you fly smart so I'll get you to fly dumb.

The crap about "runstangs" and "alt monkeys" is only because they are at a disadvantage. Exploit it.

Offline llbm_MOL

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2000, 10:03:00 PM »
Heheheheeh MAHAHAHAhahhahahaaha

You didnt turn so whats the problem? If you had you would have got to check out the sunset from the tower.

Look at it from my POV. I'm at a base with about 20 cons with alt from both countries. Most of my ROOK brethern were 5k or lower. I used whatever advantage I can to turn the tables. You didnt turn and Renfield did. Sorry your pissed about it Ren but thanks for leading me to the c47 inbound Was a good sorty
 I dont know when it became not PC to goad your opponent into makeing a mistake. Course I have never been much on PC.

LLBM OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Badger

• Copper Member
      • Military Surplus Collectors Forums
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2000, 06:53:00 AM »
"My Time, My Terms, My Ground"

Adolf Galland (1944)

Originally stolen and paraphrased from Sun Tzu......

Guess that makes me a qualified monkey.  

Was outnumbered 9-2 by allies while flying KI-84 last night in WB Historical Arena (no enemy icons till D17).  Up against F6F's, F4U's, P40's and Spit 5's.  Following this rule with great discipline and avoiding temptation to fur ball or be drawn into engagement by channel 100 whiners, managed 3 sorties with all safe landings, resulting in 7 kills and 3 assists.

Horrido!!!!  ...  or whatever Japanese equivalent is.  

Regards,
Badger

Looking for a different kind of environment to discuss your favorite on-line flight  simulator?
 http://www.egroups.com/group/flightsimsonline

Renfield

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2000, 11:52:00 AM »
LLB, you should realize that whatever your tactics, calling people names and goading like you do does a disservice to the sim and to the community. It isn't a question of PC or not.

I got tired of hearing it and turned. Ice was smarter and didn't. I won't in the future and will be making more use of the squelch command.

I only posted here so that others would know that it is more than OK to not respond to the kind of whining crap that you and a few others are resorting to.

You guys that whine and squeak and expect your opponents to hold still for you to kill them or give you the advantage when you entered combat without it are hurting the sim.

I tried it your way and it was obvious, and you now admit, that all you were doing was trying to provoke the stupid move. But it is a lame way to do it.

The squeaking in the arena is way over the top these days. The guys that whine about the HO's, whine about leaving a fight after losing advantage, etc. are driving the good players away.

If you could enter a fight with advantage (i.e. not launch from a capped field, choose your target, and use good strategy and ACM) then you wouldn't need to squeak, complain, and call names.

If you think calling someone names to get them to give you a kill is good ACM, you are sadly mistaken. Go play Quake - it suits your attitude much better.

funked

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2000, 11:54:00 AM »
Define "smart".  

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2000, 12:21:00 PM »

Originally posted by funked:
Define "smart".    

Mongo???

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2000, 12:37:00 PM »
Thread is 4 hours old...

Ram!  Wake up dude.  

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

"hehehe...I like this thread :) squealing Bastids!"
SOB

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2000, 01:36:00 PM »
Yawn.

------------------
Ram, out
Erg/JG26 homepage

I WANT THIS PLANE!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 09-01-2000).]

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2000, 02:54:00 PM »
 Hey Ice, just out of curiosity what was your handle and tail number on AW dos??

-Westy

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2000, 03:33:00 PM »
Channel 1 is for several things.
<S>.
#%&@(!
El espano figiwhata bruen gokenspeil!
and Turn arround you dweeb.
People should really not take offence. Let him have it back!.
You cant let the other guys dictate your tactics. Even if hes rude.

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2000, 03:47:00 PM »
Westy...

His handle was Iceman and its been so damn long i dont remember my tail numbers or his  

I had 3 tail numbers as i had an account with Delphi, Geni and Concentric trying for the best connect and rate. As back then you had to pay by the hour for ISP & hourly for AW DOS.

Dog out...

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2000, 04:04:00 PM »
 Roger all that Wardog. Just curious because my understanding was the original Iceman (from the first days of AW in 88) was a most worthy fighter pilot     Been several others who've used the handle since of course.  I just like to meet the legends  

-Westy

(which is one of the great things about AH for me is to run into folks who I never flew with or against but had heard of)

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2000, 04:50:00 PM »
Everyone knows the P38L is the best plane in Aces High.
<runs away laughing>
-SW

-towd_

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2000, 05:59:00 PM »
face it if you fly like that ice you aint fightin you are vulchin. what do you do when you see a countryman with 2 or 3 guys on him... you leave  in real life you would return to base and be killed by his buddys for being a coward.you like to fly that way great but you could do alot more if you got you hands dirty

("My Time, My Terms, My Ground"
Adolf Galland (1944)

Originally stolen and paraphrased from Sun Tzu......

Guess that makes me a qualified monkey

badger)

so he wanted to fight in berlin? what a load.

"you win wars by fightin you make points by runnin"

TOWD 2000

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
      • Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2000, 07:17:00 PM »
Salute!   Fly that 51!

Thunder
Aces High DickweedHBG: www.dickweedhbg.com