Author Topic: My 1st real sortie in AH ;)  (Read 606 times)

Offline Red Ant

• Copper Member
My 1st real sortie in AH ;)
« on: June 08, 2002, 05:02:16 AM »
So I finally decide to give AH a fair shake, put away all my WB preconceptions & just try to have fun :) Fly a couple of LA-7 sorties last 3 days, get a few kills, no real fights tho - too late on a weeknight, i guess. LA-7 seems REALLY uber. So tonight I log on, find a pretty big fight, & decide to try a Yak9U. After all, my grandpa flew those :) So I roll one, get some alt, get a kill. Then i get bounced by an F6F - now I'm low over a capped field, but i got some E in my pocket. So i just scissor & roll and he blows right over me like a rocket. Then he proceeds to dump all his E on a reversal and i shoot him :)

Next thing i know, a preson who shall for now remain nameless, but whose callsign i'm familiar with from this board, hits me with

"You ***hole, why dont you fly a real plane and not that UFO POS, etc, etc..."

so i have some questions :)

1) Isn't this the "All Uber - All The Time" arena? I thought everyone was in an uberplane ;)

2) Is this how newbies are generally greeted in the MA?

3) Is the Yak9T also considered "Uber", or just the 9U? How bout La-5FN?

4) Are we gettin' a P39 any time soon? ;)

Offline scspook

• Copper Member
      • The Skeleton Crew BBS
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2002, 05:15:27 AM »
Unfortunately for you , you simply ran into one of the growing number of whining dictators that I myself have noticed since returning to the game after an absence.

1. Fly what you want.
2. Fly it anyway you want to.
3. Kill them and all their little whiney friends anyway you can.
4. Squelch.

Welcome to Aces High S!

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2002, 06:44:02 AM »
Welcome to AH RedAnt!

For a new kind of less congested whining, try the CT arena.  Historical match-ups are the thing in there, so there's a bit less whining about player plane choice.

eskimo

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2002, 06:54:15 AM »
Eskimo if he's in russia I'm afraid the CT is totally empty.

At least I almost never see a single person there.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2002, 07:18:09 AM »
Redant,

take my advice.  shreck em.  Fly what you want how you want and any numpty who falls for a rope a dope, etc, gets what he deserved.  

Try the command  .squelch 1   and tada.....no more grey text.

However, the Yak-9x isnt regarded as uber......not really anyway.  Avoid the N1k, LA7 and some spits if ya dont wanna be called a dweeb........or fly a Spit Mk I and point it out to everyone you shoot down.  :D

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2002, 07:25:30 AM »
The Yak-9T and U are wondeful rides! I prefer the "one shot pop wonder power" of the 9T myself :)

Westy

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2002, 07:39:35 AM »
Hi Redant!Great to see you here.When is Avin coming over?:D

The CT is great and better than the main when enough people are on.

The LA7 is one of the better planes in A/H but can be killed easy enough, but is a handful with a good pilot.The LA5 is a good plane here also but just won't run down many planes.It's a great base defense plane with a little alt.

My favorite plane here is the Yak9u.Fly it a little bit and you can form your own opinion but I bet you like it.;) Most fun plane to fly in my opinion.and it scissors like nothing else!Just watch your fuel gauge.The 9t has the armament you prefer:D  but is slower and doesn't accelerate as well it seems.

BTW Rook is a good country to start in.:cool:

Frodo

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2002, 08:20:39 AM »
Heya Anton, glad to see you!

In answer to your questions:

1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3) Yes and Yes.
 and
4) P-39s are for wimps, real mean fly P-40s so quit whining.

And did you remember to bring Avin?

Hooligan

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2002, 08:24:55 AM »
hiya redant..  I can honestly say that I don't recall anyone ever berating me about my plane choice.  Heck, In WB I recall people whining about one or another plane every set...  I did myself.

You did happen to pick a couple of the current whipping boys tho for plane choice .   You should probly try a nik or a spit tho for now so as not to offend anyone.

Really, red... just have a god time and don't worry about it.
lazs

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2002, 09:01:46 AM »
Hey Redant...you just ran into an idiot, plain and simple.  It wouldn't matter what plane you were flying, as long as you dare to kill a few certain pile-its you are destined to be whined at on the open channel.  Do what I do - egg 'em on, and see if you can really make 'em cry :)

Fly whatever brings you the most fun, and if whiney idiots start to bother ya too much, type ".squelch 1", and you won't hear anyone on the main channel.  Or, you can just squelch them individually.

SOB

PS...Don't forget to get their chutes after they bail.  They really like that too!  :D
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2002, 09:19:54 AM »
Red Ant,

It is too bad you ran into a jeck your first time out.  I never get messages about the plane I fly.  Yes, once in awhile I do fly the La-7 or N1K2.  Perhaps I do, but I dont see the message buffer that much.  Too busy dying.  :)

Fly whatever you want and fly Knights and you'll be OK.  ;)

Swagger
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2002, 09:25:35 AM »
LOL! It had to be Mandoble ;) He's the only one I know who complains that the Yak-9U is a "UFO" But I have no clue why he royal luftwaffe highness was in a F6F  (just razzing you Mando :p).

RedAnt, don't let it bother you. Fly what you want and enjoy it.  And FYI none of the Yak's are considered "uber" by the community as a whole.

And why would you want a stinking P-39??? ;) The Yak-9T is actually a real Russian bird, with a much better gun and more manueverable too boot. Now if you want to talk about a P-63.... well then I'm with yah !! :)

Good to see you giving AH a fair shot!

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2002, 10:30:18 AM »
Red Ant!

Welcome to AH =) nice to see another familiar face!

the commands you will want to use are

.squelch 1
and
.squelch 6

It just makes flying better.

Warbirds:  Nyx
AH:  DmdKanth
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2002, 10:32:59 AM »
Oh yeah, welcome to AH by me too!

WB callsign mrsidl
AH callsign MrRiplEy
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2002, 10:34:19 AM »
I almost fergot.

Try the Typhoon. =)

It's like nailing someone with a 30mm round from a P39 in WBs

DmdKanth
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.