Author Topic: WW2OL annoucers Welcome Back Soldier  (Read 355 times)

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
WW2OL annoucers Welcome Back Soldier
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2002, 12:08:06 PM »
and what exactly are they allegedly claiming is better in that version?

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2002, 03:34:20 PM »
""""CRS:

please, please, PLEASE! try us again! we suck less now! really!"""

No offence man, but there really IS a world outside HTC....believe it or not....really.
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2002, 03:43:58 PM »
Originally posted by blkmgc

No offence man, but there really IS a world outside HTC....believe it or not....really.

That’s so true, as well as only getting one chance to make a first impression.

Offline HFMudd

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2002, 04:02:21 PM »
This screenie is from the current WWIIOnline and still shows one of my two main complaints with the game.  In this screen shot we show some poor schmuck, who really should be able conceal himself quite well behind the bush, is quite exposed.  Had the good soul with the MG not popped him, a panzer that was only visible as a dot to the poor schmuck no doubt would have.  When I played the game (And I loved the tanks!) I never felt I could hide.  This does not seem to have changed.

The other thing that, from day one I thought would be a fatal flaw for a combined arms sim, was that you can't get out of the d**m vehicles.  For me the game would be far more fun if I could get a halftrack from the vehicle shed, load up a PAK, drive off somewhere until *I* find a place I like, unload the PAK, hide the halftrack, hoof it back to the PAK....

WWIIOnline is a noble effort and I plan to give it a try during my free two weeks (while waiting for 1.10).  But I can't imagine that enough has changed for me to budget my time for it in the long term.

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2002, 04:11:21 PM »
"""That’s so true, as well as only getting one chance to make a first impression.""""

So true. ;)

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2002, 06:17:29 PM »
The inf guy is beyond where the bush enters the ground. Why should he be invisible.? I hope you dont think CRS should model each blade of grass(where did a put that damn Cray):)

As for vehicles..since about 1.30..there are two vehicles pools that can be drained. One is for Rank. Enought rank and you can get anything from that pool at any spawn point. The other is Mission Pool. To open that pool up you must take someones mission, that mission pool must have stuff left. You can "shop" missions. One will be empty of good stuff but another one can be full.  If you have no rank, and do not take a mission, your selection can become the pure contested pool. Inf, one AT and one truck.

Hope this helps.

hardcase

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2002, 01:02:25 AM »
I still dont see any improvements or fixes mentioned in this patch besides the eye candy. I mean really, WHAT the heck is better this patch that the other ones?

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
here ya go Tac
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2002, 06:28:49 AM »
ADDITIONS
-Added new User Interface and loading screens
-Added New Keymapper
-Added many new CPs and revisited many of the original "core area" CPs
-Added seperate archive support "Playarc.XXX" files
-Added New trooper first person models and animations
-Manual reload for troops added (r key)
-Added new and replaced many old troop sounds
-Added checks to insure archive validity
-Added bomb weights to aircraft carrying bombs
-Added Moon and new night lighting values to night cycle
-Added Host reconnect code
-Localized the settings application

CHANGES
-Updated teulkit.dll
-Updated EtxTools.dll
-Changed AI behaviour to be less accurate and shortened tracking ranges
-Adjusted AI rebuild times
-Removed "vehicle selected" text from radio buffer

NEW FEATURES/VEHICLES
-Added Hotchkiss 25mm AA gun
-Added PzKpfw IV D
-Added HE111
-Added Laffly French mover
-Fixed Matilda's gound clearance

BUG FIXES
-Fixed a materials format bug that darkened the models
-Fixed various memory issues
-Fixed various CTD issues

ENHANCEMENTS
-Revisited some of the existing sounds to help minimize load times and increase performance.
-All buildings are now enterable
-Map zoom in has been increased to 500 meters
-Added MLE38 to Brit spawn limits
-Removed Bedford from French spawn lists
-Added the stuka siren
-Added range finding to StuG commander (a la FlaK36)
-Enhanced all non-gunner commander positions on AT and AVF weapons. Bino view is now in sync with regular view, and elevation can be manipulated PRIOR to "deploy" or "open"
-Changed R35 loadout to include correct ammo types (HE/AP)
-Trooper death cam finaly displays full troop model

The new night lighting /moon  is really cool! Also really enjoy the way all of the hand guns/rifles "feel" now with recoil modeled. To many new things to cover..you have to take some time, try it and see for yourself. 2 week freebie is just around the corner.

What the hell...2 weeks for free. ;)

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2002, 01:45:04 PM »
for Nifty

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2002, 02:14:57 PM »
thank you most honorable banana.  I'll see about getting into the two week thingee.  Will have to get DeSelys to come fly Allied tho.  ;)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2002, 04:37:23 PM »
Originally posted by funkedup

Except for the small detail that they TAKE MONEY OUT OF YOUR CHECKING ACCOUNT.  :)

Debit cards shouldn't be used for online purchases. For the majority of debit cards there is no way to escape your liability if someone decides to use your debit account w/o your authorization. Your only recourse to recover lost funds is through the judicial system since your bank most likely will not cut you any slack at all.

Offline HFMudd

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2002, 05:21:12 PM »
The inf guy is beyond where the bush enters the ground. Why should he be invisible.? I hope you dont think CRS should model each blade of grass(where did a put that damn Cray)

It was the closest I could get to illustrate my point.  Obviously I did not do it well...  So let me tell you a story:

Once upon a time, when I was playing and enjoying a certain game (which was for various reasons was released far to early but I tried to make allowances for that) I was sitting around in a Panzer III.  I happened to have the gun sight (which was modeled so as to have perfect optics) pointed in the direction of a bush something over 500 yards away.  Suddenly I noticed a enemy infantry laying on the ground attempting to sneak a peek around the edge of a large bush.  However, due to the rigid infantry model, the poor fellow had to expose over 1/2 of his body around the edge of the bush in order to get even a glance my tank.  I watched him for a bit and he disappeared from sight, then he appeared again on the other side of the bush, again crawling on his belly, attempting to best of his ability to remain concealed, but again failing utterly.  A quick burst from the coax mg ended his mission.

So no, I don't expect CRS to model every blade of grass, but I do expect some sort of visual attenuation over distance that allows infantry to have some hope of hiding.  Nothing in the images available on their website, the linked one included, gives me any reason to believe that is now the case.

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2002, 07:12:32 PM »
i always wanted the inf body to "break up" with distance..so that, mayve half a leg, an arm other part would be modeled but not a complete body to simulate inf lying in the grass, maybe no head..etc.

hard

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2002, 07:47:02 PM »
Sorry CRS software, dont think I can make it.