Author Topic: What happened to Citabria?  (Read 597 times)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
What happened to Citabria?
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2002, 02:06:59 PM »
If you are not the same person... might I suggest getting a "FesCAS" handle for the BBS until your other one is restored.  The one you are currently using is not doing much to disassociate you with the individual that got your "fester" id banned in the first place.

AKDejaVu

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2002, 02:12:40 PM »
Saddam Hussein, Hitler, Stalin, Fester...names forever shrouded in infamy

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2002, 02:21:50 PM »
This casts a shadow on all of us Festers

ROFL  . made my Monday

Offline Ive Been Banned

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2002, 02:44:04 PM »
might I suggest getting a "FesCAS" handle for the BBS until your other one is restored

Because I was Fester first ;)

It's a long story, I flew as Fester for a few years off and on since the beta.  Then changed my handle to "Rarey" as that's my family name and there is some WWII history associated with it. (P-47's)

But once a fester always a fester and I went to change back and low and behold Citabria had snagged it.  I was going to change my handle to Citabria to really confuse the issue, but decided on FesCAF instead (CAF is for Cactus Air Force)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2002, 02:49:29 PM »
Fescaf are you related to George Rarey?

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2002, 02:51:08 PM »
I'll say it again very slowly.

UNTIL YOU GET YOUR OTHER HANDLE BACK, it would be better to use FesCAS as opposed to your current handle of choice.

If you keep the "I've been banned" handle, its not just Cit that's giving festers a bad name.

AKDejaVu

Offline Ive Been Banned

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2002, 02:56:17 PM »
UNTIL YOU GET YOUR OTHER HANDLE BACK

Ok, my bad.  Just got back from vacation and didnt read your post closely enough.  Good point too.

Fescaf are you related to George Rarey

Yes I am

My name is Joe Rarey

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2002, 03:18:25 PM »
Originally posted by Ive Been Banned
UNTIL YOU GET YOUR OTHER HANDLE BACK

Ok, my bad.  Just got back from vacation and didnt read your post closely enough.  Good point too.

Fescaf are you related to George Rarey

Yes I am

My name is Joe Rarey

Joe,
I think we may be distantly related!
My uncle (Paul Krasnowski) sent me a copy of the book of your father's cartoon artwork.  (Am I on track here?)  It was a few years ago, and I am forgetting the details, but somehow I think Paul is related to you and your father...?  Most of my possesions are in storage... I know that he wrote an inscription on the inside cover... I just can't remember the details.  

Feel free to Email me if I'm on track... otherwise sorry if I'm raving like a lunatic and don't know what I'm talking about.

eskimo

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2002, 04:19:25 PM »
Towd-

That very easily could have been me, and it's true. No reason to assassinate the character of a person who can't defend himself.

Offline Ive Been Banned

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2002, 05:07:54 PM »
Joe,
My uncle (Paul Krasnowski) sent me a copy of the book of your father's cartoon artwork. (Am I on track here?) It was a few years ago, and I am forgetting the details, but somehow I think Paul is related to you and your father...? Most of my possesions are in storage... I know that he wrote an inscription on the inside cover... I just can't remember the details

I THOUGHT YOU LOOKED FAMILIAR!!! :)

not my dad, distant uncle.  Yes I have the book as well, very very cool.

All Rarey's with that spelling are related.  The original "Rarey" was Charles, he had 6 sons, George (Dad Rarey of P-47 fame) came from one, My line came from another, and John Soloman Rarey (the original Horse whisperer for anyone into horses) came from a 3rd. The name is americanized from Rhoerig (German).

joe_rarey@yahoo.com

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2002, 06:06:50 PM »
Originally posted by Ive Been Banned
Joe,
My uncle (Paul Krasnowski) sent me a copy of the book of your father's cartoon artwork. (Am I on track here?) It was a few years ago, and I am forgetting the details, but somehow I think Paul is related to you and your father...? Most of my possesions are in storage... I know that he wrote an inscription on the inside cover... I just can't remember the details

I THOUGHT YOU LOOKED FAMILIAR!!! :)

not my dad, distant uncle.  Yes I have the book as well, very very cool.

All Rarey's with that spelling are related.  The original "Rarey" was Charles, he had 6 sons, George (Dad Rarey of P-47 fame) came from one, My line came from another, and John Soloman Rarey (the original Horse whisperer for anyone into horses) came from a 3rd. The name is americanized from Rhoerig (German).

joe_rarey@yahoo.com

I don't know why I assumed that you were Damon's (sp) brother...  Anyway, it sounds as if we are very distantly related!  Small world.  Great book.

eskimo

Offline Fester'

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2002, 03:25:42 AM »
I don't know why I assumed that you were Damon's (sp) brother... Anyway, it sounds as if we are very distantly related! Small world. Great book

Ive been reinstated, my record is clear!

Anyway, yes it's an amazing story actually, they profiled it on WWII letters home on the history channel.  Rarey is a very... well... Rare name, to hear it on TV was kinda cool.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2002, 08:27:20 AM »
So let me get this straight. Citabria has not only been stupid enough to get himself kicked off the BBS, but he's also guilty of callsign theft?

Oh the humanity! :D

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2002, 11:00:53 AM »
dang i promised i wouldent say bad things :(