Author Topic: MA Numbers  (Read 294 times)

Offline Vipermann

• Nickel Member
MA Numbers
« on: June 17, 2002, 07:10:28 AM »
Just sayin
Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dieing

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
MA Numbers
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2002, 07:33:20 AM »
You have a photoshop, dont you?

:confused:
I am a spy!

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
MA Numbers
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2002, 07:38:46 AM »
I recall having logged and see :

1 bishop (me ;)) 4 knit and 3 rook ... and being vulched by a knit rook alliance ...

wow .. I'm getting old :(

Offline Kaz

• Silver Member
MA Numbers
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2002, 08:20:01 AM »
nah u're not getting old u can see that kinda stuff if u log on real quick after a reset :D oh btw how about preventing newbies from joining bish for a lil while til the numbers even out some. no wait that won't work coz different sides have the number advantage at various points during the day/week. so what to do what to do....:confused:

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Re: MA Numbers
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2002, 10:00:53 AM »
Originally posted by Vipermann
Just sayin

Your photos must be faked because everybody knows that the Bishops always outnumber all sides by at least 2:1 margin.  :rolleyes:

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
MA Numbers
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2002, 10:29:26 AM »
I was up and watching the number of feilds quiet abit last night.  I saw the numbers also.

The thing I noticed and Iv seen this before was the flow to the winning side.

Last night the Rooks nearly had the reset, The Knights and Rooks tied.   It looked like the rooks were going to do it.   Then in a short time, the Rooks numbers grew.   The Bishops seemed to lessen along with the Knights.

Then the Knights lost a feild to the Bishops, and the Rooks had to fight the flank.   The Bishops got  a rook field.   Then the tide of battle started to swing toward the Knights.  

As the Knights took the lead, I watch Rook number drop, Bishop hold pretty steady and Knights swell.  

My Conclusion was some guys must be jumping countries to gain the reset perks.    I dont really know if its true or holds water, but It sure appeared that way.   Beside, its their $15 and they can play as they choose.  

I did find the flow of numbers pretty interesting.  

I dont know if the Knight won the reset, but I do they seemed to be on the ball last night.   ::Salute::

A salute to my rook country men that fought bravely and well.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
MA Numbers
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2002, 10:47:20 AM »
Originally posted by Grimm

My Conclusion was some guys must be jumping countries to gain the reset perks.    

Can't be done.  You have to be in that country an "X" amount of time to get the country perks, and I'm sure that time is more than 12 hours.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
MA Numbers
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2002, 10:59:03 AM »
PU-LEEZ!!!

The Knights come up with a numbers advantage once in a blue moon. When it does happen Rooks and Bish team up as they did last evening. At which point the Bish were down to 2 bases, and the Knights had a 10 field advantage over the Rooks, said Rooks abandoned their' Bishop flank and let the Bish roll over 'em simply to prevent a reset.

The Knights prevailed and are extending an open invitation to all to join us in celebrating this great victory. Cheese is being served in the adjoining room.

DmdMax

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
MA Numbers
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2002, 11:27:49 AM »
Originally posted by DMax
PU-LEEZ!!!

The Knights come up with a numbers advantage once in a blue moon. When it does happen Rooks and Bish team up as they did last evening. At which point the Bish were down to 2 bases, and the Knights had a 10 field advantage over the Rooks, said Rooks abandoned their' Bishop flank and let the Bish roll over 'em simply to prevent a reset.

Thanks for providing a format for the "Number Whine Complaint Form."  :D

Offline TMASTadon

• Zinc Member
Numbers? We dont need no stinkin #'s
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2002, 11:33:21 AM »
Numbers? I keep hearing people complain about numbers and I've seen it swing every which away. I'm a Knit and I stay knits but I've seen our numbers drop like meteors when we're losing and I saw our numbers swell last night as we began winning. Jumping for perk points or just jumping to the side that has the advantage? Who knows? Who cares? AS it was said earlier, its their $15 bucks and they're there to have fun and they are free to do so within the boundaries of the rules of the game.

AS for last night! THAT was a lot of fun! A Salute to our despised enemies the Rooks & Bishops. All Loyal Knights know they are low-lifes who are beneath contempt :p  but last night they both fought very well. To the Rooks....well played ;) To the Bishops...what tenacity! :mad:  To the Kinghts....Great Teamwork guys! :D  It was really enjoyable to watch the Knights move about the arena to where ever they were needed. To hear the communication and the willingness on the parts of so many to do whatever was necessary to get the job done! Was really a blast flying with the Knights last night! Salute!

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
MA Numbers
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2002, 11:38:04 AM »
Notice the relationship between bish #pilots relative to the other two, and bish #fields...

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
MA Numbers
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2002, 11:43:45 AM »
The come up with a numbers advantage once in a blue moon. When it does happen and team up as they did last evening. At which point the were down to 2 bases, and the had a 10 field advantage over the , said abandoned their' flank and let the roll over 'em simply to prevent a reset.

Please feel free to use the above form letter when complaining about how the other countries are ganging up to beat on you.  When are you guys gonna learn that it happens to all 3 sides.....all the time.  But I guess its human nature, eh....the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.  :)

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
MA Numbers
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2002, 12:24:03 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort

Can't be done.  You have to be in that country an "X" amount of time to get the country perks, and I'm sure that time is more than 12 hours.

Im glad thats the case.   Still, I didnt know that.   I never switch sides.   Maybe some of those guys dont know that, or like another said, they just like being on the side with advantage.

My observations where not a complaint, just something I found interesting.  

I in fact saluted the Knights for their work last night.   Im not a numbers guy, I believe teamwork and tactics are the key.   Yes numbers are a factor,  but  working together is also.

Offline Vipermann

• Nickel Member
MA Numbers
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2002, 12:36:09 PM »
Would you happen to be the Grimm from AW, specifically the Motley Ace GR!M?
Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dieing

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
MA Numbers
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2002, 12:39:27 PM »
Something is wrong with that pic... I thought that when a country was down to 4 bases everyone was supposed to log off and then come to the bbs to complain about how unfair it was.  What happened there Bish?

AKDejaVu