Author Topic: Pongo - Equalized Numbers Discussion  (Read 1575 times)

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
Pongo - Equalized Numbers Discussion
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2002, 04:20:45 AM »
Originally posted by MANDOBLE
whichever method plus the surrender button.

A surrender button is the worse suggestion I have heard on this thread yet. What would stop a bunch of rook/bish from defecting to have the 50% adv to push the button? The only way that would work {imo) is if every knight had to push it.
Besides.
Surrender hell.   :mad:

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2002, 06:11:00 AM »
Umm.. what benefit would one have on defecting just to press surrender button? lol.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2002, 02:39:59 PM »
Automated diplomacy.

If one county's population exceeds the population of the other 2 countries combined for say 20 minutes, then the 2 smaller countries automatically form an alliance against the larger country.  This would have the following effects for the allied countries:

They could no longer shoot each other down (with some warning before killshooter toggles on).
    They could no longer damage each other's bases or strategical targets.
    They can sortie from each other's bases.
    Their communications channels are combined.

If the population of the larger country falls below the population of the alliance for more than 20 minutes, then the alliance ends and its back to a 3 country war.

I don't care about this issue and I don't know how tough this would be to implement, but this would be a way to equalize the numbers between opposing sides.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2002, 02:42:22 PM by Lance »

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2002, 03:35:44 PM »
That's actually not that bad of an idea Lance... but I think it already happens to some extent anyways.

Though... Looks like it would be a tough one to impliment without using an arena reset of some kind.

AKDejaVu