Author Topic: WW2OL Pics  (Read 786 times)

Offline K West

• Silver Member
WW2OL Pics
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2002, 11:15:56 AM »
"but it's much better than before"

Agree'd.  I just offered a cute trick to try out :)

I played last night. I'm taking advantage of the free trial time left and what time I have with my ISP this month - as well as giving it a thorough shake down.   I've been strictly Allied as I was only Axis during the Gigex trial.
 I like much of what WWIIO has to offer. And I also dislike it about the same amount, maybe more, for it's faults and problems.

If I could prepay for online time, with OUT a middleman charging an extra fee of about 50% extra,  I think would do it.   But Playnet (and iEN) will get not get any credit or debit card # of mine due to the many billing problems I've read and heard about with them.

In three years at AW and three years at AH I've never had one single problem.  Other companies could learn from them to say the least.

But there is fun to be had in WWIIO.  Even more so if you have a machine with the mojo power to run it.

Westy

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Pics
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2002, 12:26:25 PM »
Been some billing glitches but not as many as you think. Usually we just point the guys to hatch and he handwalks the problem thru and the fix is in, in a short time. Early on a lot of ppl thought they were being double billed in Oct cause they saw one bill for OCt 20 and another for Oct 22..that Oct 20th bill was from Setp 22 to Oct 22 when it went pay for play and no one was billed in Sept. But, again, errors get worked on quickly.

hardcase

Offline Braz

• Zinc Member
WW2OL Pics
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2002, 12:51:28 PM »
A polished turd, heheh

Year and a half after release and look at the damage models!

Don't compare AH to this unstable mess, it can't.

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Pics
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2002, 12:55:45 PM »
Actually a year. Any possiblity that ww2ol is more complex than AH?(not a flame guys) BTW, if it is unstable for you, and it is stable for a whole bunch of ppl, all with diff systems, perhaps, the problem is your setup. If you want to play, give us a post with your sys specs, OS,
we try to get everyone up and running.

BTW there is damage modeled..there is no damage graphics yet(the wing does fall off even tho you are spinning and see both), they model multi points of the wing from tip to root and damage in any section degrades the flight model. Control surfaces, Oil, water,gas, pitch etc are modeled, overheating, I think the compressors are also. There is a very complex damage model in, Graphics are a front burner item.

Couple of guys from here played last night and had a great time.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2002, 01:02:10 PM by hardcase »

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
WW2OL Pics
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2002, 01:07:46 PM »
Originally posted by Braz
A polished turd, heheh

Year and a half after release and look at the damage models!

Don't compare AH to this unstable mess, it can't.

OK let's look at the damage models :)  I don't play WW2OL anymore just not enough time to devote to it for it to be played like like it is supposed to be played.  BUT :D  Their damage model is the most complex I have ever seen, just not graphicaly yet.  AH has a kick bellybutton DM too, but I don't know the inner workings of it to be able to honestly comment on it other than saying I love it :)

WW2's DM is very complex taking many things into account.  I'll never forget the time my prop took  a 37mm round in WW2.  The clutch or something was fried because I had the throttle firewalled and everything at max power but I could only muster about 150 ias.  Fire damage, artery damage all kinds of stuff.  

There are plenty of things to gripe about ww2 but the DM is one of the best and most complex things inhe game so that's not a good place to try and make your point. (IMO of course ;) )

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
WW2OL Pics
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2002, 01:18:34 PM »
... bad memories are hard to shake

Offline XNachoX

• Silver Member
WW2OL Pics
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2002, 02:04:46 PM »
Tried it out again....downloaded the 100+ megs of patches, and when I got in at around 8pm eastern time yesterday I found no action....several missions defending a base in which an attack never came....walked around for an hour as a german rifleman...got bored and logged off.  WOW that was great :).  If any of you know the peak times please tell me as last night was not very fun at all.  PS how the heck do you get a big map while you're in a plane...if you dont memorize your route you're pretty much screwed until you stumble across an enemy base, enemy plane, or your own field.

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Pics
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2002, 02:14:57 PM »
the map has flame Green icons for cities that are contested. Always spawn in them if you want a fight. Tune a channel to Origin, this will keep you in touch with everyone. Missions have their own channels.  There are always fights. Sorry you didnt find a good one last night. Drop in again, tune that Origin, and ask where the fight is, you should find one.

hardcase

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Pics
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2002, 02:54:40 PM »
If you don't have a printed map, you're pretty much screwed in the air if you're not in a mission.  With a printed map, you can navigate pretty well however.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
WW2OL Pics
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2002, 04:15:44 PM »
Just got off WWIIO and I have to say things haven't changed much.

After playing DOD and MOH the clunky awkward solders in WWIIO really blow.

Maybe I should give it more of a chance but this would be the 3rd try and that's 2 to many.

FINAL ANALYSIS:

WWIIO still sucks!!!
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Pics
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2002, 12:24:39 AM »
Due to a bug in the strat system last night..allies and axis had two spawn points separated by a bridge. The infantry fight got amazing deep after a while I got one pix early on, after we killed the first rush. Later on there were up to 25 inf on bridge at one time. We killed a lot of germans this night.

hardcase

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
Battle at Oostmalle
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2002, 07:27:44 AM »
Was a pretty heated battle after the Germans came in and took over Oostmalle we banded together from 2 different forward bases rolling Matilda MkII's , A-13's, and 25mm He aa guns.Plus lots of inf. I was able to grab one flag before falling prey to sniper fire. Wounded, I got a lift from a Bedford oy back to base and lived to fight another day. Was a real blast!

Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Pics
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2002, 10:58:50 AM »
Blkmagic, Glad you have slipped right in and found the fun:-) Post over on the forum and say howdy. WB, AH, and WW2OL are filled with simmers and any simmer can enjoy any of these sims.

hardcase

Offline cobra427

• Nickel Member
WW2OL Pics
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2002, 02:00:16 PM »
ahahahhahaha i got it ....well i downloaded it .... 107megs on a 56k now i gotta do the 97 meg update ...... for what who knows i cant get a job yet to pay to play lol

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Pics
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2002, 05:36:19 PM »
You should not have to get another update, that 107 megs from Gigex I assume is the full install. Why are you trying to get another 96 meg. Check the manifest file in ww2ol directory and see if you version is 1.6.4 If so you are good to go.

hardcase