Author Topic: Coaching kids T-Ball :)  (Read 361 times)

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
Coaching kids T-Ball :)
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2002, 03:12:24 PM »
First of all, T-Ball promotes violence among our babies. Get them into a game that doesn't require them to physically strike an object with a weapon. Creative dance is a healthy sport for young children, I suggest any parents of t-ball age kids look into it.

Second of all, "Viva Knievel??" I've never heard of it. Creamo, is there a link to a movie review??

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2002, 10:25:46 PM »
A thread destined to be made into a Lifetime Original Movie............

I coach both of my sons' teams (soccer and baseball), and it's as fun as anything that I do.

Cobra

PS. Creamo, your post is absolute poetry!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2002, 10:47:16 PM by Cobra »

Offline fdiron

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2002, 02:59:04 AM »
I remember when I played t-ball when I was very little.  My coach was a bit more agressive than the others and made us run laps around the t-ball field.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2002, 03:09:18 AM »
Oh, what a beauty!  Thank you Creamo, I know what my weekend rental is gonna be :D

http://www.stomptokyo.com/otf/Viva!/Viva.htm

SOB

Gene Kelly plays Will Atkins: Evel’s mechanic, mentor, and a legendary stuntman in his own right
Lauren Hutton plays Kate Morgan: a reporter with a nose for sensationalism
Leslie Nielsen plays Stanley Millard: South American druglord
Also be on the lookout for small supporting roles by Dabney Coleman, Red Buttons and Frank "My Wife Can Too Sing!" Gifford.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2002, 03:13:56 AM by SOB »
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2002, 03:53:32 AM »
That link is just hilarious, and is the best link to get the jist of the movie too SOB.

Here's a time-waster. Copy and paste that review it into WORD, and use the -edit-replace-words- feature. Try like 'Wife Beater' for 'Drug-Lord'... 'black-belt engineer' for 'stuntman', you get the picture. Pretty fabulous comedy if your bored.

Anyway, a classic flick.

Evel,  Role model and spiritual healer-
The opening scene has Evel sneaking into an orphanage late at night - the orphans fast asleep, snug in their beds, with visions of sugar plums and flaming motorcycle mutilation dancing in their respective heads. Anyway, Evel awakens the young lads, much to their surprise and delight, and presents the orphans with action figures of – you guessed it – himself! And just when you think you’ve seen it all – one of the boys waddles out from between the beds, pushing himself along the floor on two crutches. Upon seeing his idol (that would be Evel), a wave on inspiration crosses the youngster’s countenance, and he immediately shucks the crutches aside and walks on his own two feet – miraculously healed! Triumphantly, the boy states, "You’re the reason I’m walking, Evel!" And then rushes into the daredevil’s arms.

Imagine that little bugger!Cute scene, but heart wrenching... :(
« Last Edit: June 26, 2002, 04:03:50 AM by Creamo »