Author Topic: B17 questions  (Read 748 times)

-floo-

B17 questions
« on: November 06, 1999, 03:42:00 PM »
As I find myself flying the B17 more often with the 463rd Bomb Group I have some questions...

1) Why is it when I jump into a gun position my B17 starts to gently bank until I get back into the pilots position?

2) Has anyone else noticed when looking at a B17 that is carrying a gunner that there is a small dot following the B17?

3) Will the B17 get correctly shaped engines as the current ones are too egg shaped. I know I know I'm nit-picking but they just look too weird especially from the side  

ok..that should do it for now  

------------------
-floo- fangs out
463rd Bomb Group

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
B17 questions
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 1999, 03:47:00 PM »
Hey,

1) Why is it when I jump into a gun position my B17 starts to gently bank until I get back into the pilots position?

Check your rudder position and dead-band.  You can bank the 17 in auto-pilot using rudder input while you are gunning or bombing.

2) Has anyone else noticed when looking at a B17 that is carrying a gunner that there is a small dot following the B17?

I'm guessing that is the gunner's clipboard?  Seems likely, I see mine chasing me all the damn time.  

------------------
Lephturn
The Flying Pigs

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
B17 questions
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 1999, 05:34:00 AM »
I think the dot following the 17 with a gunner is the dot we all see at a distance to show a player, may be the clipboard. It follows I think due to net lag, I've noticed some follow closer than others and it varies in it's distance from the bomber.

MarkAT
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
B17 questions
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 1999, 08:17:00 AM »
Maybe that dot's a crocodile.
I really wish the bomber would do something other than autolevel when we jumped to gunners (maybe autoclimb? how about autospeed 250?).

Of course, a clipboard kill would be good.  Maybe that should be added to the damage list.

rzch

B17 questions
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 1999, 08:59:00 AM »
It does autospeed and autolevel, it does not remain on autoangle for some reason though.

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
B17 questions
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 1999, 06:03:00 PM »
if b17 has gunner, i think any pilot shooting down that b17 should be credited for two kills, what do you all think.

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
B17 questions
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 1999, 06:07:00 PM »
and how come when i bomb a plane on the runway,( a b17 sitting and playing ack) it does not get destroyed, i should have had a kill there, and if it is going to be added, then please disregard this note.
thanks

-floo-

B17 questions
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 1999, 06:19:00 PM »
Well I experimented with some stuff and it doesn't seem to matter if I'm in autoclimb, autolevel, or autoangle, it stillbanks when I get into gun position. Also I've made sure I was not touching the rudder pedals. So by process of elimination I have yet to try my deadband settings

------------------
-floo- fangs out
463rd Bomb Group